My heart

I never thought it'd be you ~ [ON HIATUS]

 

WARNING: DO NOT EAT OR DRINK when reading this chapter. Stay away form sharp objects. Just saying :) HAHAHAHHA ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Why’s he still awake?*

Curiosity got the better of me as I grabbed the first aid kid and trudged my way out. I balanced myself on one foot as I slid open the door to the balcony. A gush of wind blew past me. I shivered at the unexpected temperature. Clad in shorts and a loose tee, I sat myself down beside Youngjae. It seemed like he was deep in thought as he hadn’t notice me.

“Youngjae-ah… Youngjae ~” I called out to him as I waved a hand in front of his face. Youngjae jumped slightly by the sudden surprise. He turned his face to the left to see my face inches away from him. Our eyes met for a moment before I blinked away in surprise and tugged my hand close to my chest. *Why does this always happen to us?*

“Oh, Hazel-ah what are you doing here?” Youngjae questioned noticing the awkward silence between us.

“Oh…” I looked down to my knees. Youngjae caught on and took the first aid kit from my hands. He went to sit on the floor and opened up the kit.

“Ani, Youngjae-ah I can do it myself.” But before I could finish he had started to apply the medicine for me. I winced in pain as Youngjae gently applied the medicine while blowing on it hoping that it’ll help ease the pain. That moment… somehow everything was just in slow motion. Everything was still and quiet.

“Why won’t you call me oppa?” Youngjae’s sudden question caught me off guard. He’s right. So far I’ve only called Daehyun, Yongguk and Himchan “oppa”. I thought since both of us were born in 1994 I thought we could have been friends but indeed his birthday was faster than mine as I was born in June.

“I thought we could be friends. Although I’m a June baby, we’re still born in 1994 so…”

“Call me oppa Hazel.” He bandaged my knees and disposed the cotton buds. He looked up at me with pleading eyes. “Call me oppa like how you call Daehyun and the others oppa” *you don’t know how I longed for you to call me that*

“Oh…ok… um… Youngjae oppa?” He smiled a gentle smile to me. *I guess the word oppa works wonders*

“Oppa … can I ask you something?” I asked. He nodded his head as he looked to the stars.

“Are you really ok oppa? It seems you’ve been really down since coming to Singapore. What’s wrong? I know I’m your manager only but I could be someone you can rely on too. I swear upon my life that whatever is shared between us remain only between us. Pinkie promise!” I took his pinkie and wrapped it around mine. I gave him my most sincere smile. However to my disappointment he only continued to stare back into the stars. My shoulders deflated. I couldn’t take it anymore. I tried my all to get close to him but he could never open up to me.

“I understand oppa. Thank you for today. Goodnight oppa.” I forced a smile. I grabbed the first aid kit and was about to stand up when I felt my hands being tugged down. I looked towards Youngjae.

“You remind me a lot of her.” He started off.

*Her? Who’s her?*I sat back down beside him intrigued by the “her” that he mentioned. Throughout the whole night Youngjae finally opened up to me

 

Youngjae had grown fond of his school friend, Ja-Eun back when he was still schooling. Before debut, he had made an effort to get to know her more and got closer to her. Eventually as time passed by, he fell deeper in love with her. In school, Ja-Eun would help him with his homework, cook for him and followed him to his auditions. However due to the numerous auditions and practices he had to go through for a potential debut, his time was constricted but Ja-Eun continued to stand by him. Having her by his side was comforting as he had to spend less time with his family too. Thus the attention she gave him had kept Youngjae going. Not everyone knew that Youngjae and Ja-Eun were dating; they weren’t an official pair yet. But seeing how Ja-Eun had managed to stay by his side he wanted to make Ja-Eun his girlfriend. Soon.

It’s been 100 days since he had known Ja-Eun and finally today he was about to ask Ja-Eun officially to be his girl. With a ring in his pocket and a bouquet of flowers in his hand, he hid it behind his back as he approached Ja-Eun’s classroom. He wanted to personally ask her in front of her friends. He wanted to show that he was able to stand up to his feelings without being ashamed of it.

“Ja-Eun ah!” Youngjae could hear one of Ja-Eun’s friends calling out for her. Youngjae stood behind the back door of the classroom waiting for the opportunity to surprise Ja-Eun. He smiled to himself just thinking about it.

“Ya Ja-Eun ah, how’s you and Youngjae?”

“Bleh, same old same old. Can’t believe I’m doing this.”

“Ja-Eun ah, you really are a saint for even going out with him. Seems like your standard dropped a lot.” Her friends giggled.

“YA! Please. I’m only doing it because he said he was going to debut soon. But by the looks of it, it seems like a dead end. I mean he even quit JYP! Aish, I can’t believe myself for being so gullible. I dated him only because I thought he’d get rich real soon when he debut. What rotten luck. If it wasn’t for that stupid promise he made, I wouldn’t even look at him. Tch ~”

*thud*Ja-Eun looked out to see a bouquet of flowers on the floor. She lifted herself off from her seat and went to see what happened. Peeking her head out the classroom door, she saw no one except for the bouquet of flowers on the floor. Shrugging her shoulders she merely kicked the flowers to the side and snickered her way back into the class.

Hiding at the corner of the wall, Youngjae kept pounding his fist on the wall.

 

*it was his first love. Yet that girl … * I looked up at Youngjae who had become teary eyed.

“Hazel-ah, when I first saw you, you looked reminded me a lot about her. Your personality, your actions. Bubbly and sweet, that was how Ja-Eun was.”

“Oppa…” *so that was why he avoided me. I remind him of his past.* I blew my cheeks. I felt bad. It’s not like I wanted to remind him of it but…

“But unlike Ja-Eun, you are different. You are sincere. Something about you made me able to trust you wholeheartedly. Hence the reason why I’m telling you all this.” I looked up to him.

“You made me feel secure when I’m with you. Something someone hasn’t been able to do for me. Having fans are a wonderful blessing. I love all of them as much as they love me but I could never find someone I can lean on. Ever since debut, I’ve been apart from my family and the members are the only ones I have. Talking to you it feels different as compared to when I talk to the members. Hazel-ah” Youngjae shifted his position to face me. The space between us closed up. We were so close I could feel his breathing against my face. I looked up to him.

“I know I’m a babo for saying this but as much as I try to shake it off it’s not a feeling that will change overnight. As much I try to get rid of it I can’t deny my heart. Ever since I first saw you at the airport, my heart skipped a beat for you. Something about you sparked my heart. And no, it wasn’t the same feeling like Ja-Eun. Initially I was afraid of getting closer to you. I didn’t want to go through it all over again. But when you were with Daehyun, do you know how much my heart hurt? Every time I wished it was me instead. I know it’s been only a few days I’ve known you but you can’t deny something in your heart. Hazel-ah, I like you. A lot. And it’s not as a fan or as a sister … I really like you. Enough for me to see red when you’re in the hands of another guy even if it’s my members.” Youngjae rested his arms on my shoulders and hung his head low.

I was confused. All this sudden confession… I wasn’t prepared for it. I knew I liked Youngjae too but was it really the same way? My heart softened at his words. My heart started to beat faster for him.

“Oppa … I ---“before I could complete my sentence I felt a pair of lips on mine. My eyes widened in shock. I kept still, frozen. Youngjae’s kiss was passionate and charming. It wasn’t rough. It was like he was telling me that he didn’t care what my reply was. He knew what his feelings were and he wasn’t afraid to show it. He was hoping I’d return his kiss. I didn’t know what to do so I merely followed what my heart told me to do.

I kissed him back.

Like a jigsaw puzzle our lips fit perfectly. A sweet deep kiss was shared. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. Breaking the kiss off, he met his forehead against mine and looked at me straight in the eyes.

“I was wrong Hazel. I don’t like you … I love you.” 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG >< I'm sorry if the kissing scene was not up to standard. Like I said I'm just a beginner >< Still, do comment please ~ :)