Rules

Tell Me Your Wish ★ [discontinued]

"So... thought of your first wish already?" Mi Sun asked Jongwoon who was just all sprawled out on his bed with her lamp in his hand while she was roaming around in his room from place to place.

"Yeah but what if my wish would be such a waste? By the way, how many wishes I can make?" He asked, sitting up.

"Well, it's not three wishes like that Disney movie you've been talking about, that's all I'll tell you." She answered.

"So do I just make one or something?" He questioned her.

"It would be best if I don't tell you for my own sake." She replied as she floated over to a bookshelf that had many items. *If I tell him, there's a chance that I'll be stuck with him for more than ten years.* She thought with a frown as she grabbed an object off the shelf and looked at it.

"Come on, just tell me." He begged. "No." She shook her head. 

"Please?" He asked now on his knees.

"Aww, such a cute sight but no, I'm not telling." She denied his request.

"Please?" He pouted with some innocent puppy dog eyes which were gleaming with some slight tears.

"N-O. No." She answered sternly, spelling out the word.

"Fine, you leave me no choice but this!" He spat out.

"And what's "this" you're talking about?" She raised a petite eyebrow at him.

"I wish for you to tell me the number of wishes that can be granted." He said for his first wish and she groaned, snapping her fingers. She tried to stop herself from telling him but the words were forced out of .

"Genies can grant one hundred wishes." She blurted out and she face-palmed herself. *Now there's a chance that I'll be stuck with him permanently.* She groaned.

"One hundred, eh? Fine, then I wish for the number of wishes be resetted back into one hundred." He demanded.

"Your wish is my command." She replied bitterly as she granted his wish with a snap of her fingers.

"So are there some rules I need to know about?" He asked.

"Yeah, start our your wishes by saying the words "I wish" and no wishes involving eternal youth, being immortal, living for thousands of years, etc." She answered.

"What? Why?" He exclaimed.

"Because if we genies grant wishes like that, then that brings trouble for the Grim Reaper, Hades, Pluto, practically any gods/figures representing death. They have selected life spans and fates for every single human being on earth so granting a wish like that would piss them off since it would screw everything up." She explained.

"The grim reaper actually does exist?" He raised an eyebrow and she nodded. "Anyways, I get you're saying but can you please add in some visuals or write all of that on a chalkboard?" He asked.

"Like what? Use magic to summon a chalkboard out of nowhere?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah! Like that!" He answered enthusiastically.

"Yeah... no can do. Sorry." She replied as she stood next to him.

"Why not? Can't all genies do magic like that? Summon stuff out of nowhere? That's what I've seen in that Disney movie. Can't genies do what fairies can?" He reasoned.

"Pfft. No." She scoffed, now snickering at his reasoning. "Don't mix up or catagorize us genies with that make-believe Tinkerbell chick, fairies, pixies, and magical creatures like that. We genies only use magic to grant wishes. Unlike those creatures, we don't use that kind of spontaneous magic and we try not to cause trouble." She stated with a look of disgust on her face.

"Like what kind of trouble?" He asked.

"Well, don't believe the history books but World War 2 wasn't started by Germany invading Poland. That whole mess was caused by a mere five-inch fairy who decided to mess around while being drunk and caused some damn trouble between relations among the European nations." She shuddered at the memory.

"Wow... all that caused by a drunk fairy." He muttered.

"Yeah and it took a lot genies to end the war and repair some wounds... so please don't mix up wise genies with giggly, happy creatures like that, okay?" She said and it was obvious to him that she has held a deep grudge against fairies.

"Any other rules?" He asked.

"Here." She tossed a thick ancient book at him and it hit him in the head.

"Ow!" He rubbed the sore spot. "A rule book?" He asked, holding it up and she gave him a nod to confirm that.

"Yeah, it should have all 35,809,145 rules written down on there." She answered.

"Mwoh?! That many?" He exclaimed, his eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah, head master genie tends to be strict and made a bunch of rules so that way genies don't have bad reputations around the world." She informed him. "Oh, by the way, use your inside voice." She added.

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow at her and she pointed at the door.

"Jongwoon, is everything alright up there?" His mom called out of concern.

"Uh, yeah! Everything's peachy-keen." He answered and he turned to see Mi Sun raising an eyebrow at him. "What?" He asked.

"'Peachy-keen'? Really? You had to use a term like that?" She hammered questions at him.

"What? There's no rule in this country that states that I can't use a word like that." He reasoned.

"Anyways, I recommend that you be careful when you're talking to me." She said sternly in a low whisper. "Why?" He asked.

"Because you are the only person who can see me. Nobody else can't. So when you're talking to me, to others it seems like you're talking to no one like an insane person and I'm extremely positive that it would lead to the chances of you getting locked in an asylum which would be troublesome for me to get you out." She explained.

"I see." He replied with a nod.

"By the way, what happened to my lamp?" She asked holding the object in her hands.

"Oh, the smudge? Don't worry, I'll wipe it off soon." He said.

"No, I meant the numerous dents that were on this thing. What happened? Before I was trapped back into the lamp for thirty years, this thing looked like it was mint condition. What happened?" She hissed at him, pointing at him with a lamp.

"Oh! Uh..." He was trying to find words to describe what happened and tried to put it in a way that wouldn't enrage her. "I was trying to find out how to open an oil lamp and I got really frustrated enough to do that." He explained to her with a sheepish smile on his face, pointing at her lamp.

"So... you caused these dents?" She furrowed her eyebrows at him, coming closer.

"Yeah." He squeaked out, now extremely nervous about his fate which was now lying in her hands.

"Can you hold still for a moment please?" She asked sweetly with an innocent smile on her face and he was confused.

"Sure..." He answered.

BONK!

"Ow!" He cried, clutching his head which was now throbbing in pain. His eyes were starting to have tears welling up. "Okay... I somewhat deserved that but still, ow! I didn't know that it was a magical lamp." He groaned.

"Huh, I'm surprised that you didn't destroy my lamp during your fit of rage." She muttered observing her lamp, feeling all the little dents that he implanted into it.

"Oh, by the way." She said and she whacked him with her lamp again.

"Ow! Will you stop that? I'm about to have a migrane soon." He whined.

"It's just some minor pain. Get over it. At least, I didn't give you a concussion or some head trauma." She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, there's an unwritten rule." She added.

"Which is what?" He asked searching for a mirror in his room. "Where the hell did I put the mirror that Heechul-hyung gave to me for my birthday?" He muttered with a frown.

"If this lamp gets destroyed in any way possible, I die." She informed him, her voice dripping with a tone of seriousness.

"Die?" He asked and she nodded. "How did you find out about that?"

"Oh, one genie I knew. His master smashed the lamp due to being unable to tolerate his annoying personality and he died with a kaboom effect. I was there when it happened." She explained.

"Kaboom?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, death with a painful explosion. Kaboom." She stated grimly before whacking him with her lamp for the third time on that day.

"Ow! Stop that!" He yelled rubbing his sore spot.

"I'm just doing that so I can get it through your thick skull so that you can take good care of my lamp." She said sternly.

"Okay. I promise. Now can you grant me a wish?" He asked her.

"Which is..." She raised an eyebrow at him.

"I wish for the upcoming migrane in my head to go away."