Chapter 2:: The Ruler

Is this allowed?
// please forgive me if i have typos ;n; i never revise, js..//
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                “It’s him!”
                “Everyone, he’s here!”
                “Where did I put my ID? AHH!”
                Students pulled their shirts in place, adjusted ties, tucked in shirts, and made sure their ID was visible. A girl frantically rummaged through her pocket, faster and faster as he approached. She misplaced her ID, oh dear.
                “Hyori.” His cold voice rung through the hallway.
                “Y-e-yes Myungsoo?” she bowed, staying bend, not wanting to look at his piercing eyes.
                “Stand up.” He commanded. She reluctantly stood, her eyes wandering around, avoiding the president.
                “How many times is it this time? 4? 5?” Myungsoo moved closer, his eyes looking directly at her.
                “N-no. It’s the 3rd time…” her voice faltered. She lied. He knew it.
                “2 months cleaning. Meet with Janitor Shim after school. Have fun.” He turned, his footsteps the only thing anyone can hear.
                Myungsoo rubbed his temples, disappointed in the students. Many IDs or ties and/or blazers were crooked, ed, or crinkled; it bothered him. However, he was in no position to lecture all of them. Hoya had lectured HIM about how important it was for pencils to all stay the same length.
                Who cares about pencils? Pencils are pencils. Rules are the ones to be followed. Luckily, every student followed the school rules… some. Myungsoo heard about the new student from the states. As the student council president, it was his responsibility to review everything. Grades, classes, teacher’s comments, schools, and records. Something Myungsoo’s most interested in.
                If they have a clean plate, he’ll gladly accept the student. If it’s soiled, Myungsoo would declind. Woohyun, his record full of complaints and even some charges. Every school he’s been to, at least four of his teachers pleaded their principal to expel him. Woohyun set off fire alarms, pranked students and teachers, violated the dress code, smoked on the roof, and even sold fake beer, and REAL BEER. That was only the first page. It made Myungsoo furious that such people even existed in this world.
                Myungsoo’s hatred for Woohyun grew as he kept thinking about the trouble maker. Woohyun also reminded himself of the new principal, Kim Sunggyu. That early-20’s man was definitely not fit to be a principal. He’s lazy, loose, and doesn’t enforce the rules at all. Sometimes, he even comes to school in sandals… SANDALS!
                Sunggyu is the only reason Woohyun is at Woolim High. Principal Kim wouldn’t let Myungsoo reject the student application because, “every person deserves an education.”
                Psh, sure.
 
                “Myung-ah! Myungsoooo, myung, myung!” a loud sound ran in the president’s ears, causing a slight headache. A pair of arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him back.
                “Lee Sungyeol, let go of me.” Myungsoo’s voice quiet, but firm.
                “You’re no fun Myungie!” Sungyeol let go, but pulled on the younger’s arm.
                “Hey Myungsoo, let me introduce you to Woohyun!”
--
 
                “Oh, Woohyun you’re so amazing!”
                “Did you know Dongwoo’s the captain of the soccer team?”
                “Oppa, want me to show you around?”
                The girls flocked around Woohyun, handing him water bottles and towels even though he didn’t break a sweat.
                “Move away everyone! I’m showing Woohyun around. Don’t make me spread nasty things about you.” The girls scurried away, not risking their social status.
                “You seem to be a kingka ‘round here.” Woohyun walked out the gym doors, into the grand field that was split into sections. Kick ball/baseball field, football field, soccer field, uneven bars, swings, and a track field, right next to an acre of plain grass.
                “Aparently you don’t know what a kingka is.  You’re more of a kingka than I am. That’s saying a lot!” Woohyun laughed, kicking a water bottle he received onto the soccer field.
                “Oh, I missed that kid’s head! Ah, I feel rusty.” Woohyun sat down, the grass poking his legs.
                “You should go get that.” Sungjong also sat.
                “Why?”
                “Myungsoo will find out.”
                Woohyun’s face contorted a bit. Who is this Myungsoo? Is he some big bully or sum’tin? Or is he one of those power freaks? He better not mess up Woohyun’s short life here.
                “Hey look, it’s Sungyeol! SUNGYEOL! OVER HERE!” Sungjong waved his hands, recieveing a yell in reply. Him again. Everyone is way too social here.
                “Sungjongie! Where’s Woohy—oh, there you are!” Sungyeol greeted happily, a dark aura following him from behind.
                “ Woohyun! Meet Myungsoo, he’s the student council president!” Myungsoo? Where? Woohyun stood up, noticing a boy about his height with a cold stare.
                This is Myungsoo? He doesn’t look scary at all. At most, a depressed kid. His clothes even added to Woohyun’s first impression. Myungsoo’s dark hair, just like his, his uniform black instead of navy, a black tie, and a white dress shirt. The only colorful thing on him was a golden tag with “Myungsoo” written on it.
                “Sup.” Woohyun was curious about this kid. What’s everyone so scared of?
                Myungsoo didn’t reply. He only moved closer to Woohyun, eyeing him.
                “Your hair’s a mess, you need your uniform, where’s your ID? And go pick up that bottle you kicked.” Excuse? Did he just criticize Woohyun? Who does he think he is?
                “Hey Myung, it’s the kid’s first day.” Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo’s shoulder, but he shrugged it away.
                “You reak of trouble and disappointment. You look for attention behind your pranks and will die from smoking. If you don’t like what I say, drop out. If you stay, make sure you show up to class on time.” Myungsoo turned away, walking back into the gym.
                Woohyun scoffed. Myungso did a chek up on him ? The kid really is interesting. Woohyun wondered how he could make Myungsoo’s life miserable. Sungjong will come in handy…
                “Oh, and go to Mr. Kim’s office. He wants to see you.”
--
                ‘Who’s Mr. Kim? I swear there’s too many people I’m meeting today.’ Woohyun ran after Myungsoo, ignoring Sungjong’s calls to stop.
                “You, Myungsoo. Where and who’s this Mr. Kim.” Woohyun caught up so quick, it scared Myungsoo a bit. He never saw anyone run faster than Dongwoo.
                “I would’ve given you a lifetime ot painful duties, but since it’s your first day, I have to be nice.” Myungsoo emphasized. “Mr.Kim, Sunggyu Kim, lazy principal, next to the main office, where you got your scheduale.”
                “Oh, you curse? I like you better than the other two, you’re interesting.” Woohyun complimented jokingly.
                “I’ll make sure you  never see graduation Woohyun. Don’t even try to befriend me.” With that, Myungsoo walked into his office.
--
                “main office, office, office… HERE!” Woohyun kicked the door open, the secretary shrieked.
                “mr…Kim here?” Woohyun asked the lady, whose glasses fell to the tip of her nose.
                “He’s one door over…” she mumbled.
                “kay”
--
                “MR.KIM! SUNG…SUNGGRU...SUNGKOO..SUNG...?” Woohyun called out. The office was casually furnished, two couches in the center with a gramd desk behind. Piles of papers stacked on the floor, ramen cups occupying the desk instead. Book shelves covered the walls with only one grand window on the side, giving a great view of a nearby lake. Everything was leather, couches brown, wooden floor and desk, and then window frame was white.
                “This could be a nice house…” Woohyun laid himself on one of the couches, sinking into it.
                “Ah, this is SOOOO COMFTERABLE!” Woohyun didn’t have a good night’s sleep, he hates sleeping on an airplane. It gave him neck cramps.
                His eyelids soon fell heavy, his breath slowing down, and he fell asleep.
--
                He was back in the states. It’s green land, sandy beaches, hot babes. All of which Woohyun loved. He’s been to practically every state. Some he remembers, some he doesn’t.
                His favorite, next to NY, was California. Where he lived before he left for Korea. He loved the beaches, the hot summers, surfing, the calming breeze. The palm trees shading him from harmful UV rays, but he manages to get tan either way, not that he cared.
                Someone was calling him. Who was it? It’s definitely a girl’s voice… it sounds so familiar.
                Where is it coming from? The beach? The waves? It’s the waves! Is she out there? Woohyun walked onto shore, the sand tickling his soles. He faintly saw her floating in the ocean. Only her arms waving. Her head was overlapped by water, only appeared as the waves went up.
                Why doesn’t she swim to shore? Why’s she just there? She couldn’t be… drowning?
                But she was. She drowned. Her waving arms now gone. Just her lifeless body floating on the horizon.
                Who was that girl?
 
--
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
author'snote: // LOLOLOLOLOLOL. hi. wassup everyone... /facepalm/ 3 more chapters to type up ;a;
im so lazy. i'll probably get 3 and 4 done tomorrow if i dont have that much hw..
i feel like i should put a love triangle in here
AHURHURHURHURHURHUR,.