Old friend

The Last Will

 

Standing on that Japanese stage, the lights like the stars made the sweat on my skin glisten. The crowd yelled with all their might, chanting as if to pray to the Gods above for a blessing. I held that last note with all my strength a felt every vibration that my vocal cords resonated, a beautiful feeling that gave me ultimate strength and hope. I was a Goddess.

My solo stage was completed, my members came on stage one by one. hey shone with beauty in the tailored embroidered gowns . We held hands and bowed to the people who made us who we were.

Thank you dear fans, you give us the power to overcome the moments in life which bring pain. Thank you.

 

Neomu Gamsabhabnida! Arigatou! Thank you Japan! Thank you for your warm welcome! We love you! We will be back again to greet you!” I spoke with overflowing joy and pride.

The 40000 people hummed with sweet delight, then a sudden rush~

APHRODITE HWAITING!”

We bowed and held our bow, tears now flowing. Standing on our first Japanese stage made me thank God for bringing me here, though the sacrifice. I smiled; I've made it.

 

Min-ssi, hurry here, bring the members, you need to conduct an interview, hurry!”

 

Aphrodite: Sarang, Hana, Eunsu, Frankie and myself. We were the goddesses of Korean Pop, dominating the stage, the charts, Korea, Asia and soon the world.

A fame never dreamt, never expected, but by some will of higher force that gave us the power to mesmerise and charm - almost bewitch - those who dared lend an ear to listen.

Hana danced with the beauty and grace of a ribbon twirled in the wind, and the power of a burning fire, raging through gasoline-drenched wood. Eunsu's sweet voice, Sarang's soul and my power, a delicate and bold sound in harmony; this was Aphrodite.

 

Ne Seongsaengnim! Hurry girls!” The leader within me rose up and spoke.

 

An interviewer for MTV Korea was waiting patiently in our dressing room, I wiped the sweat from my hair and neck, breathed in deeply before entering.

 

Annyeonhaseyo!” in perfect unison.

Ne Annyeonhaseyo, nice to meet you, shall we start? Min-ssi can you us tell about the atmosphere today?”

Marvellous, beautiful and sincere. We really love our fans for coming out today, It will be a memory I will always carry.”

You performed a new song tonight, only released in Korea a few weeks ago? What is it about? How did the fans react?”

Our new song is called 'Goemul Cheoleom,' 'Like A Monster'. It really depicts how people can change into creatures, not human, doing things never expected. This concept was put in a relationship where one person changed into something like a monster. Our songs always carry a message of inspiration, so we hope to inspire people not to fall for the spell of the “monster” and live with pride.” I try to explain carefully despite being so exhausted.

I think the Japanese fans liked it, although they can not understand what the lyrics mean. I believe they understand through our vocals and melody.” Sarang saw my dreary expression and continued for me.

 

The interviewed ended with great exhaustion, I felt faint, wanting desperately to retreat to our hotel room and sleep the sweet night away.

I walked slowly, staggering a little. I felt a strange aura approaching, 'What is this feeling?' I thought to myself, placing a hand to my head in order to cease the ache that roamed my mind.

Looking up slowly I saw her, small and fair. She was weak looking, the dark circles around her eyes aged her little pretty face. I knew her, but who was she?

I walked closer, this time with haste. This girl... I knew her.

And there, my gaze with absolute resolution, stared at her, Reina. My once-best-friend. The girl who betrayed me, who sacrificed for me, years after our last exchange of words and my last thoughts of her, she reappears.

Seeing her eyes cloud with the tears she strongly fought back tore at my heart as I remembered the everlasting presence in my life she had always had. And now, as before, I remember.

 

YA! Babo!!!” Reina squealed with delight “Omo! Jinjja! You're not going to believe this!!! Audition.” She said out of breath, having run all the way from her house to mine. “AUDITION!”

What!?..Ahh who cares anymore? As if we'll be accepted, they only want pretty faces with no talent. What they call “Potential”. Aish! I don't care!”

Ya, Stop it! We at least made it to second round! This company, I have a good feeling... Let's do it! 2 weeks, we'll meet after school. Ah jinjja! This going to be great!”

She took off again, squealing down the street as she went.

I stared engrossed at the audition pamphlet, this had been my dream for a life time. Maybe Rei was right; this was my only hope.