This Day.

Finally (One-Shot)

 

 

"~~~~, I need to tell you something" Baekhyun went serious after the waitress left your orders on your table. You knew it's something not right when he goes serious infront of food, He usually have those positive traits when you are eating together. He looked at you and met eyes, stared deeply on each other's.

"Oppa, we can talk about it when we're done, okay?" you plastered a forced smile in your face and started to eat your food. You can still feel his eyes are on you and still with a serious face.

"It's been three years since we're together and-" 

"Oppa, start eating your food. It might get cold, or you want me to feed you again?" you looked up at him, trying to avoid that situation you already guess what will happen.

"~~~~, listen to me" he put his hand to yours on top of the table and squeezed it.

"It's already three years, and.. and.. we both know that this relationship.. haven't got any better-"

"This food is nice, try this one oppa!" you cutted him again. At this moment, you already knew what will happen then felt your eyes moistened.

"~~~~, but I need to-"

You stood up from your seat and felt tears form in your eyes. Before you could move, he continued what he was going to say,"...leave you."



"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP SUNSHINE! Get up now beautiful! We got a day ahead!" a loud voice woke you up. You already know who it is from. From the voice, the tone, the way he call you 'beautiful', and the morning kisses he gives you on your cheeks.

"Get up now pretty Miss, or this handsome dude shall kiss you until you get up" he whispered to your ear. You know his right beside you now after you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and pulled you closer to his warm body. This day is something special for you and you're hoping that he remembered about it.

"I'm going to count, if you don't get up by five.. you wouldn't like what will I do to you" he scared you. You shut your eyes open and he started to count on one. His arms are still around you and there's a strength on it. "..Two" you tried getting away from his arms but he keeps on tugging you.

"Oppa how can I get up if you're not letting me?" you turned around and faced him. His face is just centimeters away from you with that position.

"Then try.. Three.." he wrapped his arms around you tighter. You still tried to move but he's just to strong for you to move.

"... Four." you sighed and put your hands on his chest then pushed him away, but it wasn't enough.

"Oppa, not again. You're so unfair-" "Five!" he suddenly kissed you in your lips even if you just woke up. It lasted for seconds and right before he deepen the kiss you pushed him that made him roll over and landed on the floor.

"Haha! That one is for you, you cheater!" you stood up and jumped up and down the bed while giving him a mehrong.

"Yah! I didn't cheat! Didn't I told you that you need to get up in five, but you didn't so you're going to get that" he groaned while getting up on his feet. As he got up, you quickly jumped off the bed and ran out of the room. He chased after you to the kitchen but you're not there. 

He looked under the dining table, in the bathroom, in the living room, somewhere else, behind the curtains, and everywhere but still can't find you. While looking for you at the kitchen, you ran behind him and jumped to his back. You wrapped your arm around his neck and your legs around his waist, piggyback. 

"Yah! Where were you?" he turned his head to you and carried your legs for support while you're on his back.

"In your heart.." you pinched his nose and gave a quick peck on his cheek that made him blush.

"Aish come on, let's eat! I prepared our breakfast today!" he spun around and walked.

"Oh no, don't tell me--"

"It's our favorite! Sunny side up with a smily faced ketchup!" 

He carried you two the dining table and let you sit in his lap while eating. You two aren't married but are lived-in partners for almost two years in an apartment alone and being together for three years. Some people even thought you two are married but not. When times like that happens, Baekhyun just goes silent while no one knows why, even you. Some Exo members are currently serving in the military this year and they got a long hiatus. Since then, he moved to his own apartment with you.

You feed each other until you finished your food. "Say aaah~" you ordered him with chopsticks on your hand and fed him. "Now, you say.. 'Saranghaeyo Baekhyunnie oppaaa~'" his turn to feed you this time.

"I have work today ~~~~ah. You know, we have our concert today and I have to leave early for rehearsals" he said and wrapped an arm around you.

"I'm used to it.." you replied and smiled at him.

"I promise, I'll make it to you next time.."

"But I hope you're not forgetting something today.." you murmured and quickly drink a glass of water.

"What?" he leaned closer since he didn't heared it clearly.

"I said, promises are made to be broken.." you said and put down the glass.

"Aigoo, my baby is mad at me" he groaned and pouted after you look away.

"Are you mad at me?" he repeated and tighten his arm around you but you didn't bother to look back nor reply.

"Hey. Okay, just go backstage later so you can still see me at the concert, is that fine?" he said and you nodded but still not looking at him.

"So, I'll go after I take a shower okay?" he reassured and shook you a little. You forced a nod and stood up from his lap so he can move.

"I'll just ask Taeminnie to fetch you here since he's watching" he nodded before standing up.


___________________________________________
 


"~~~~.. ~~~~.." a voice came from the front door while you were in your room dressing up. Then a few seconds, it was followed by rapid knocks that made you irritated.

"Wait a minute!" you shouted but the knocks are still continuing. At the moment you got dressed up, you quickly ran to the door and opened up. Taemin. "~~~~, the concert will start soon.." Taemin went inside the apartment while you move aside to let him walk in.

You looked up in the clock and noticed that there are only 15 minutes left until the concert. You quickly put on your heels and fixed your hair while Taemin is roaming around the house viewing your pictures with Baekhyun on the tables and wall.

"How long have you been with him?" he suddenly asked while you tie up your hair.

"Three years.." you answered and stretched your shirt down. 

"Three years.. Still no progress, ~~~~ah" Taemin murmured while tapping the table with frames.

"I'm used to that oppa.." you replied and got the keys. As a gentleman, he carried your bag for you, "If I were him, I already did that" he muttered very softly.

"Saying something?" you asked and went out of the door with him then locked it.

"I said, Exo has been working hard these days.." he said and beamed a sweet smile while he lead you to the elevator.

"Yes they are, and Baekhyun sometimes come home late since Su Ho oppa enlisted in the army.." 

Taemin pushed the buttons inside the elevator. Only you and him are inside alone. Taemin is the one who introduced you to Baekhyun before. It was him who helped Baekhyun to get closer to you and eventually.. date each other. Taemin is like a brother to you and a close friend to Baekhyun.

As you get to his car, he opened the door for you before he get inside. It takes 15 minutes to the venue in car. 

The concert is already starting when you arrived there. Taemin lead you to the backstage then met with his hyungs to watch the concert. You found some staff inside the dressing room and greeted them. They let you in and sit in the couch to wait for the members while they are performing.

You can hear the audio from the speakers and the loud fanchants. They performed three songs first then returned to the backstage for the next songs. Baekhyun is the first one to went inside, "Is ~~~~ already here?" he instantly asked not knowing you're there. "Oppa.." you called out. 

"Oh ~~~~ah, I thought you're not coming. Did Taeminnie drove you here?" he ran and sit next to you. You nodded and checked the time, "..but I think we're kind of late" "We just started. Be right back, two songs more then I can stay here later while D.O. and Se Hun are on their solo stages, okay?" he kissed your forehead and went to the stylists.

They gave each members their next outfits for the next performances. Kai and Chanyeol were the first one to get changed and have some quick retouches. After they all got done, Baekhyun winked at you before going back to the stage. You waved and smiled back at him.
 


___________________________________________

 


They all went back exhausted and sweat all over. Chanyeol approached you and told you to stand up, "~~~~ah, give your oppa a power hug please?" he opened his arms but you rejected since he have sweat all over.

"Maybe you wipe off your sweat first oppa.." you shook your head but someone suddenly pulled you behind and swun you then finally hugged you tight, Baekhyun.

"~~~~ah, I miss you already!" he burried his head to your neck. 

"Oppa, your sweat!" you tried pushing him away but his arms are tightly wrapped around your waist. "Nah.. But I need a hug!" he insisted and shook you side to side. 

"Yeah we need one too, ~~~~ah!" Kai butted in then ran to you and Baekhyun and hugged both of you. Se Hun and D.O. followed. Chanyeol then did the same. All of them are hugging you even with sweat all over them. "Yah! I can't breathe!" you groaned trying excuse your self from them. 

"Yah yah yah! I'm the only one allowed here!" Baekhyun shooed them away while his arms are protecting you from him, like a child protecting his toys from the others. "Now, you go change cuz you're stage is next.." he ordered D.O. then everyone else. "Fine.." they all said and went to the stylists while Baekhyun gave you a little space to breathe. "I'll just change okay?" he said and you nodded then back to your seat.

As the members change, you play with your phone while everyone is busy. When some members are busy rehearsing for their stages, Baekhyun quickly changed his clothes and went to you. He layed down the couch with his head on your lap as a pillow. "What are you playing? Temple Run again?" he looked up on you.

"Y-Y-Yesss.. Yah! You stupid babo! You saw a tree and you didn't jumped!" you scolded your phone. You are so into the game but you lost. "You're so weak, now give me that" he snatched your phone and started playing in his own. 

He's also into it that even his body move side ways like he's the character inside the game. You played with his hair and combed it with your fingers. The members are busy that they don't bother you two together. You played with his face and traced your fingers from his forehead, to his nose, to his cheek, and down to his chin while his eyes are still on the game.

"~~~~ah.."

"Yes oppa?"

"Can I ask you something" he asked with his body moving left and right, and eyes on the game.

"About what?"

"You love me right?" he looked up to you. You looked down at him and quickly picked his nose with your two fingers. "Yah!" he groaned but you just grinned at him. "I'll take that as yes.." he looked back to the screen.

Se Hun finished his solo stage and it's Baekhyun's turn now. He quickly stood up and kissed your cheek before going to the stage. Their concert is until midnight since they started a little late. He performed a ballad song for his solo, and he delivered it very well even if he didn't rehearsed for the last minutes before going in the stage.

*I think he really forgot it..*


___________________________________________


 

I highly recommend you to listen to this while reading:

 

 

 

 

It's almost one song left until the encore but he still didn't greeted you about today. He was performing What is Love with D.O. on stage right now.



Girl, I can't explain what I feel.
Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby.. yeah.

Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I’m the main character of a movie
As if I’m about to film an action scene to come see you, as if I’ve become a hero

 

 


The members backstage are changing their outfit for the encore, then Baekhyun and D.O. will just quickly follow later. You can hear their voices from the speakers and you could tell that they're singing live.

 

You’re perfect to me, I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow montion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

 



In the middle of their performance, someone asked for everyone's attention. "It's D.O. hyung" Se Hun said while doing some last minute rehearsals. 

"Everyone, I would like to help a very close friend to tell something to someone very special to him. He's been planning for this for a long time already and I think he found that this is right moment for it.." The members stopped for a while and listened to their voices. 

"... ~~~~ah, please come up in the stage.." D.O. called you and asked you to come out. The crowd went loud when D.O. called you to the stage. You were surprised to be mentioned by him in the middle of their performance. Chanyeol approached you and lead you to the stage.

As soon as there's only a few step left to the stage, you saw D.O., standing and looking to your direction. He nodded and reached for your hand. Chanyeol lightly pushed you to him and held your hand to D.O. "What's this oppa?" you asked and he walked you to the center of the stage. He didn't replied to your question and instead, he just smiled and continue to sing.

 

All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change
You will find out that I’m a guy whom you can trust

I don’t know why, this unconditional emotion
Did I ever imagine?
Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy

 

There's a chair in the middle and he let you sit there before walking to one side. You are so confused about what is happening, especially seeing all the lightsticks being waved to the tune and the 'awws' from the audience. A familiar voice suddenly called your name from the speakers. You turned your head to your side and saw a big box that is taller than you with a big red ribbon on top and a mesage on it, 'Open' .

You raised an eyebrow and looked at D.O. asking if you're the one to open the box, he nodded. Slowly you untie the ribbon and the four sides of the box fell down away from each other, showing a guy with his back facing you. He turned to you and quickly offered you the boquet of red roses in his hands. Yes, it was Baekhyun. You grinned and gladly accepted the flowers.

 

If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairytales?
A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after
I will trust you, protect you and comfort you
I will be on your side
I will never leave your side

 


"~~~~ah. I'm sorry if I'll greet you a little late, but it's still today right?" he asked with still the mic on his mouth. 

You nodded and he continued, "....Happy Third Anniversary ~~~~ah" he smiled and hugged you tight. All your worries that he might forgot about it already faded away after greeting you. You hugged him back and had a smile on your face.

"But I'm not yet done" he let go of the hug and looked to your eyes.

"Eh? Not.. done.. yet?" you raised an eyebrow out of confusion. You looked at D.O. who was watching you two while singing then at the audience who keeps on saying 'awws'.

When you looked back at Baekhyun. You didn't find him infront of you but down kneeling. Your heartbeat went faster when you saw him searched his fingers through his pocket.

The crowd went loud when he finally smiled and slowly revealed a small red velvet box he got from his pocket. He slowly turned his head to you and beamed the sweetest smile. Your eyes are already moisting up and your heart beats more rapidly.

"~~~~ah.." he said your name softly. It was followed by screams from the crowd with D.O. singing on the background. You looked deeply into Baekhyun's eyes.

"~~~~ah, are you ready to be Mrs. Byun? To be the mother of my future children? And to be with me until I die?" he showed you the box.

"~~~~ah.. Will you marry me?" he proposed and opened the box with a shiny gold ring inside. You're so surprised about his sudden proposal at the same day of your anniversary. Without any hesitation you quickly nodded,

"Yes oppa! YES.. I will marry you!" you quickly put down the flower to your chair and throw yourself to him. He almost jump all over the stage when he finally heard your sweet answer. He hugged you back and swing you around still keeping into his mind that you said yes.

"You don't know how much happy I am right now ~~~~ah!" he said while you're on his arms.

"Me too oppa"

"I love you ~~~~ah.." he whispered and kissed your cheek.

"I love you too oppa. More than the stars in the sky, the waves in the sea, more than the number of cells in every human's body, I love you more than you love me, and words aren't enough oppa.." you whispered to his ears.

He planted kisses all over your face, from your forehead, to your cheeks, down to your nose, and finally to your lips. It was the best kiss he gave to you, it was different from the other kisses you shared together.

"~~~~ah, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you so so so so so much.." he proudly shouted through his mic and kissed you again.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Thanks for reading! 

 

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS FIC ^_^

AND DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT DOWN DOWN DOWN THERE!

THANK YOU!

 

 

You can also check out my fic, it's still on going! 

Starring YOU (Reader), SUNGYEOL, L, INFINITE, OTHER KPOP IDOLS, and FICTIONAL CHARACTERS.

 

I'm Just A Fan