Chapter 10

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

The next morning I wake up, my entire body is sore. I feel dizzy, almost too dizzy to even sit up. I try to remember what happened yesterday…oh right, Lu Han carrying me in the rain. Was it a dream? No, it was too real to be a dream. But how did he find out it was me? I was disguised as Myung Soo, wasn’t I? And he was with another girl… I gather all the strength I can to sit up and look around the room.

 

“Mei! You’re up!” I hear Min Young shout from the side of my bed. She was sitting on the floor looking at me the whole time.

 

“Waa, what happened?” I ask confused.

 

Min Young explains everything to me. Especially how she had to tell Lu Han the “secret”.

 

“So he knows now? Is he mad that I hid the secret from him?” I ask.

 

“No, Lu Han was surprisingly happy to know that his heart wasn’t tricking him and that his instincts were correct about you being a girl. He said he almost thought he was gay.” Min Young laughs.

 

“Oh…” I say nodding slowly. “So why was he with another girl?” I ask.

 

“Well, let’s just say it was Kai and Se Hun being childishly arrogant and trying to come up with dumb ideas to help Lu Han solve his problems that really weren’t even problems.” Min Young explains.

 

“So where is everyone now?” I ask.

 

“They’re all at practice now. They told the manager that you weren’t feeling well, so the manager let you take the day off. Soo Man wasn’t too happy about it, but whatever.” Min Young replies. “Now, that you’re awake, I should probably head off to class. Sorry I can’t stay with you.”

 

“That’s ok, I’ll be fine” I say to Min Young giving her a weak smile.

 

“Well, try to rest and get better. I’ll be back soon.” Min Young says as she walks out the door.

 

Now, I’m alone in Exo’s dorm…what to do? I slowly get out of bed, but I feel really dizzy.  I must have a fever. Ugh, I’m probably going to be sick for at least a week. How am I going to deal with practice?

 

I decide to try and go downstairs to make some soup and watch T.V. I barely manage to make it downstairs let alone make myself soup, so I end up collapsing on the couch and watching T.V. instead. Half an hour later, I hear someone come in.

 

“Min Young?” I call.

 

“Aniyo, it’s me, Lu Han” Lu Han answers soothingly.

 

My mood suddenly brightens even though I’m sick and lacking energy.

 

“Lu Han! Aren’t you supposed to be at practice?” I ask.

 

“Practice ended and the other guys went out to lunch. I came to see how you were doing.” Lu Han answers while walking over to the couch. “You don’t look so good” He says concerned.

 

“It’s just a fever.” I say trying to give him a weak smile.

 

Lu Han isn’t convinced that I’m ok. “Here, I’ll get you some medicine.” He says running into the kitchen.

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

After I feed Mei some medicine and a bowl of soup, I carry her upstairs and place her on the bed. I sit on the floor next to her bed, and we start chatting to pass the time.

 

“Mei, you’re really impressive.” I declare out loud.

 

Mei raises an eyebrow and grins. “What do you mean?” she asks playfully.

 

“Well, you learned Korean, disguised yourself as a guy, and passed the SM auditions to become Exo’s 13thmember.” I summarize all of her accomplishments.

 

“I did it all for you, you know” She says smiling at me.

 

I smile back, touched by her words. I can’t believe I agreed to go on that stupid date. Mei must’ve been seriously hurt, doing all of that for me and then seeing me with someone else. I need to find a way to make it up to her.

 

“I’m really, really sorry about what happened yesterday.” I start to say.

 

“Lu Han, it’s ok. You didn’t know.” Mei says while putting a hand on my shoulder.

 

I’m supposed to be the one apologizing, but Mei ends up being the one trying to make me feel better. I need to do something special for her. She’s been through so much for me; I need to show her how much I truly love her because I don’t think she knows yet.

 

At that moment, I suddenly feel the urge to hug her, but I’m a little hesitant. Instead, I just hold her hand in mine and we look at each other, communicating without words in a sense.  Right in that intimate moment, Se Hun walks in.

 

“Hyung!” Se Hun had his mouth open and was about to say more, but when he saw us he was a bit shocked.

 

Mei and I immediately release each other’s hands. Se Hun looks at me, then at Mei (whom he knows as “Myung Soo”), and then back to me.

 

“Hyung?” Se Hun repeats, this time as a question.

 

“Se Hun-ah,” I begin trying to think of how to ease into a normal conversation. “Back so soon? How was practice?”

 

“Oh, ugh, practice was good. I think my dancing is catching up to Kai’s.” Se Hun replies.

 

“That’s great! Nice job!” I say, hoping Se Hun’s not thinking about asking me why I was holding Myung Soo’s hand.

 

“Oh, I was going to ask,” Se Hun starts to say. Oh boy, here it comes. “Would you and Myung Soo like to go to Namsan Tower with Min Young and me?”

Definitely not the question I was expecting. Thank goodness.

 

“We would love to!” I hear Mei/Myung Soo answer. She was obviously relieved to hear Se Hun’s unexpected question rather than the one we were both praying he would not ask.

 

“Great! I wanted the other hyungs to come, but they had other plans. And I thought it would be a great opportunity for Myung Soo to see more of Seoul.” Se Hun says excitedly with a huge smile.

 

When Se Hun leaves, I turn back to Mei and smile.

 

“Wheww, that was a close one” I say.

 

“Yeah, imagine if he decided to get you another date” Mei jokes.

 

“Well, then I would refuse and openly tell him I was gay” I say totally being serious, but Mei assumes it was also a joke and starts laughing. I watch her, smiling the entire time. I love seeing her happy and laughing. If only she knew, I would really do anything for her…