Chapter 5: Reign

Death Note: Revelations
Please log in to read the full chapter

________Chapter 5: Reign___________

Well, it's now the First day of Sergio's plan. So he wanted me to go bargain eh? Fine. I feel like a messenger boy though. Zinji suddenly has a pair of wings and starts to take off, holding two bags of fresh apples. Zinji flies up higher in the air, his grey wings propelling him higher and higher until a white portal opens up. Zinji broke through the portal and was greeted by the steep stairs that led down into the human world. Great, back in this trash of a world. "Hey, look who's back" a Shinigami that resembled a skeleton sneered. "Just for a brief moment. I'm going to have to talk to the old man." Zinji flew past the hundreds of Shinigami until he passed a huge mountain. The world was a dark, somber abyss of depression. Okay, In and out, then 6 more days until a whole ton of apples. When Zinji finally reached the mountain, There was the giant Shinigami king, his multiple hands writing names into multiple Death Notes. He was floating in what seemed to be nothing. "Hey there," Zinji said non-coherently. The Shinigami king, annoyed, gave a very disgruntled "What."  Zinji Flew down to the ground, looking up at the King. "Well, I got some apples. Wanna make a trade?" The Shinigami King chuckled. "A trade? Haven't been asked for a trade in a long while. Just how many apples are there, I'm feeling extra hungry." The shinigami king chuckled. Zinji counted the two bags of apples and smirked. "About 21 apples." The shinigami king smiled, his very small face forcing a smirk. "Great, so what do you want?" Zinji chuckled a bit. "Just a Death Note. Not much" The shinigami king gave a deep breath. "Fine, you got a deal," Zinji smirked and threw the apples over to the huge Shinigami. Well, looks like the first part of your plan worked Sergio.

____________________________________

In the Human world, Paul Hernandez was on an empty street and took a left to go off-road. He went through many trees that took you in twists and turns. There was no road, just dirt and rocks. The road finally straightened and slowed down his car as he slowly approached a giant building. Wow, this place is a lot different now. He parked his car got out and looked at his surroundings. So many beautiful trees. But suddenly two men came out of bushes and grabbed him by the arms. "WHO ARE YOU?!" One yelled, both wearing helmets. "I-I'm Paul Hernandez. I was invited here by L." The man immediately let go. "Oh, Mr. Hernandez! Welcome back, you look terrible. Please, follow me please." The man that yelled waved off the other guy and he ran to the bushes. "Sorry for that, it's a precaution. Remember me,  Matsuda?" Paul forced out a smile and fixed the tie to his suit. " Uh, yeah yeah. So u-uh, L's here?" Matsuda nodded and grabbed a key card out of his pocket. He scanned the card and the giant doors opened. Inside the building there was a lot of advanced technology, at least a hundred people running around talking about and checking their phones and computers. "Well, welcome back to the SPK Mr. Hernandez." Paul followed Matsuda as they went upstairs, the stairs were made of glass and each step looked as if you were about to fall. " Based on your face you looked amazed. Yeah, crazy what a couple of years can do to a place right?" Matsuda smiled and took off his helmet as he continued to walk up. They walked to the elevator and Matsuda started making some small talk. L wants me to work on this case. I feel so honored. Matsuda got his card out again and opened the elevator. "Okay, let's see..." Matsuda traced the buttons with his finger. "Ah! Room 200." Matsuda smiled and the elevator closed. "How old are you now Matsuda?" Matsuda chuckled. "Well, what a way to make me feel old! I'm 43 now man!" Matsuda chuckled and scratched his head. "Well, it's been a long time and you didn't age a bit." Paul chuckled. Matsuda was going to reply when the elevator opened. "Oh, we're here." He said very monotonely. There was yet another door, but this one was a wooden door with the engraving of N's all over the door. "Ready?" Matsuda asked Paul. Paul nodded and Matsuda pushed open the door. There he is. L. 

There lying down was Near, his hair reaching his knees. Twirling his hair and looking at one of the many TVs. "Hey, there Near! Oh, sorry, I meant L!"  Paul walked in and felt the cold air go through his entire body. The floor was made of hard iron and the many tvs and Tablets all along the walls and ground. A bunch of Papers were lying about, along with many toys and trinkets. "Hello there Matsuda." Near rolled over and faced them both. "Oh, and you brought along a friend," Near smirked. Paul took off his hat and walked to shake Near's hand. "Not necessary. And Matsuda, please leave us." Matsuda groaned and stomped his feet as he walked out. "Man, I'm 43 I shouldn't be getting kicked out" His voice trailed as he closed the door. " Hello Mr. Hernandez. Wow, you look terrible." Paul frowned. "I've been told. Anyways, hello L." Near got up and yawned. "It's Near, but it's okay you can call me either. Matsuda is weird when it comes to calling me Near or L, heh" Near Walked towards a pot of tea. "Want any?" Paul shook his head no, tracing where Near goes. Near slowly poured his hot tea into a small cup. He took a sip and smiled. "Ah, nothing better than a hot cup of tea Mr. Hernandez." He took another sip. Paul looked around nervously and stood awkwardly. "Well, uh, anything you wanna talk about?" Near smirked and put a sugar cube inside his tea. "Actually, yes. Yes, there is." Near took another sip. "Well, what is it?" Paul asked with a very straight face. "Well, in all honesty, I suspect your son is Kira."  Paul's eyes widened and his jaw slackened. "W-WHAT? HOW DARE YOU?" Near sighed. "Sorry, probably should have said that better. He is one of the many to be suspected as Kira. It's because of where you live, that's all." Near took another sip of tea and laid down on the floor again. "B-but what's the proof?"  Near sighed again. He opened up the cameras and it showed Sergio doing his work. "I

Please log in to read the full chapter