Car Racing. [ONESHOT]

Car Racing. [ONESHOT]

 

 


Jiyong knew the risks of his trade. On a racetrack, photographers were always placed in grave danger as they were not protected by these fences and barbed wire, behind which stood the spectators. If an accident should happen in front of him, he would be one of first ones who would undergo the consequences. Of course, he hoped it would at least have time to take some pictures before run. 

He also knew very well the risks that incured Seunghyun. Each time he took the wheel, at an average speed of 189 miles/hour, he might end up in a wall, or being involved in a huge accident. Jiyong perspired and trembled when he imagined Seunghyun trapped in his car on fire, and he, powerless, having to watch the scene in terror. 

But Seunghyun was always there to reassure him before the start of each race. He hugged him, saying how much he loved him and how he will be prudent because he did not intend to abandon his lover soon. Jiyong was not totally reassured, but those few words whispered by his lover, had the power to decrease his anxiety a bit, even if Seunghyun was a , and he never was prudent.

They lived their love for the past two years. Two years to go through the circuits of the world in search of thrills.


_______


They met on a circuit. Anyway their lives were on the circuit.

Jiyong, being very young photographer, jumped for joy when he received permission to take pictures inside the pit where Seunghyun was a racing driver. He found that the racing driver of twenty years was so much charisma, he has to etch his image forever in his camera. Even if he had chosen to be sports photographer he had made an exception, seeing this great man with intense eyes. He'd say these photos, it might just keep them to himself.

Seunghyun had allowed this cute man to take pictures of him, finding as excuse that he 'could advertise him for, why not, find new sponsors'. In fact, he just hoping to arrange a date with. And they began to talk. 

The two men had the same passion for motorsport and the young racing driver had been amused by so much enthusiasm in the words of the photographer. He made gestures and opened his eyes wide when he recounted how the sound of an engine made him happy and he loved sports cars since he was little. They were so close, to gradually falling in love with each other. 

Then, one day, the media had discovered their relationship, they began to stick their nose in the automotive world and look the couple unfavourably. Two men in a union and the media are not compatible, and soon the world knew the name of Choi Seunghyun, the newest recruit of the South Korean team, became famous for his homouality. All this was absurd, and most of the entourage of the racing driver laughed. 

Their relationship had been strained because of the journalists, but the story had gradually subsided when the media found a new scoop to increase their ratings. Seunghyun would have been kicking all "morons on TV," but the boss of his team had asked his driver to do nothing and let it pass. 

Then some time later, everyone realized that they should not underestimate Choi Seunghyun because he liked men. The young racing driver was gradually spirit to make a name in the automotive world, and he became one of the best drivers of his era. Young Choi Seunghyun became all TOP, for his greatness in the world of motor racing. 
 

_____


Jiyong ran with all his equipment hanging from his shoulder. He almost got hit by several scooters and shuttles, but he did not care, because it was late. He hoped to arrive before Seunghyun take the start. His face was red and he wondered why he chose to be a photographer, because running with several pounds of equipment was not an easy task. 

He came to one of the gates to access the stands. Many people made the round trip between two locations separated by the fence. The photographer showed his pass to the man supposed to allow people to access very private place, but it stopped him.
"Please I am hurry." Jiyong was squirming all over the place, he absolutely had to see his lover.
"Your pass." He showed his pass, the man acquiesced and he began to run until he reach the entrance of the stand.

"Kwon Jiyong, you're late." the guard said, laughing. "Yes I know, Daesung, but Seungri had the ingenious idea of ​​taking my Segway yesterday, and he has not charged it this night, of the cost I do everything on foot." "You will have the right to whip him from me." The man laughed softly. "Now hurry up to go." "I go there." Jiyong left "Kwon !" Jiyong turned and Daesung pointed the location of the buffet, with a laugh. The photographer nodded and smiled, always running, at the place designated by Daesung few seconds earlier.

Seunghyun was sitting talking to a mechanic, Youngbae. He ate every two carrot sticks, laughing. Youngbae turned his head towards Jiyong and greeted him with a smile. Jiyong looked at them both, smiled and then walked to the table where sat the two men. Seunghyun handed him a carrot stick and the little man laughed while eating the vegetable. "You're late" "Sorry" said Jiyong "Seungri was misbehaving again." Youngbae laughed, imagining what the team's maknae was still able to do. "Decidedly this press attaché is still a child." The three men laughed, then Seunghyun apologized to Youngbae and took Jiyong in a corner apart.

TOP took his boyfriend's hand in his. "You okay?" "Yes, I am." The little man stood on tiptoe and pressed his lips against that of another man, then he pressed against his chest, wrapping his arms around his lover. "I heard that the best place to make good photographs, was to the Indianapolis's chicane" "Really? I'll see, hoping that your sources are reliable." Jiyong laughs, hugging his lover stronger. "In any case pay attention to you." "Do not worry, baby, I would be careful." The driver kissed his photographer's hair and took off from him, to look into the eyes. "I love you." Face's young Kwon lit up. "I love you too, TOP." And he gave a little wink.

"Seunghyun". The team leader called. "I'm here! Sorry, I must leave you babe. See you later." He hugged, kissed and left for his leader. Then Youngbae went off Jiyong giving a tapping on the shoulder. "Good luck." Jiyong said, smiling, his eyes forming two arcs. Youngbae replied with a wink.

 

The start had already begun when Jiyong arrived at the chicane as he had indicated Seunghyun. He thought it would be nice, because he liked the name already. He laughed aloud when he realized he loved a chicane because it was nice to hear its name. The people around him stared curiously, wondering why this young man laughed alone, but the photographer did not pay attention to them and started up. 

Jiyong had already taken hundreds of photos, while watching his lover. He heard some photographers discuss the race, making bets on what would be the results. Most betting on the fact that "TOP would won, once again, this race". Any time TOP went on the chicane, each made his comment. For example when he doubled another competitor within and passing shave the other car, one of the photographers had almost shouted "my god this man is mad, he wants to kill himself." Jiyong clenched fists and jaw, he wanted to hit them for each comment they did. Soon they started eating and Jiyong felt relieved not to have to hear men supposed to be professional punctual photographers anymore.

He was distracted, he thought that if these men returned, he would really hit them until their nose sinks into their faces. His lack of attention made him miss a dozen car and cursed himself for thinking of the parasites rather than work. And he resumed his favorite activity, photographing.



The race lasted for almost an hour now, and Jiyong never tired of watching the cars and hearing their engines purring. The suspense of the race was at its height as the first seven cars were almost glued together which was rare in a car race, where most of the time the cars had a few seconds apart.

His camera was already full of photo, and was about to change the memory card when the third car, that of Seunghyun, came dangerously another. Jiyong was under no worries, and it was almost crazy for him, because he knew Seunghyun loved making this thing. He had two reasons to do this: first, he knew that Jiyong worried about him and eventually beat him in the chest at the end of the race, but he might as well take it in his arms, laughing and also because he wanted the of adrenaline and he was still in the act of putting the maximum in danger.

This time was different, his car struck the German car in front of him and the car gone straight into the gravel. Jiyong was not moving, not breathing. The car continued his run and crashed at over 189miles/ hour against the wall of the tire. It burst into pieces as if it was just paper. The pieces flew in all directions and some people were shouting, but Jiyong was there without moving, he looked at the scene helplessly, as he had imagined. His eyes stared at what remained of the car, that is to say not much, imagining the worst scenario. In what state was Seunghyun? Was he unconscious? Dead? Was he injured? All these questions passed in Jiyong's head and he saw the photographers take dozens of photos of the scene, but he did not even think to change the memory card in order to get the best shots, it did not matter. His boyfriend had just had a spectacular crash before his eyes and he did not know what state he was.

Suddenly, his brain received a shock and jumped over the tire wall, leaving all its equipment. He did not care that the race went on, he had to go and see his lover. He shouted the name of Seunghyun, hoping that his love would hear and respond to his voice. He crossed the road, taking care to ensure that no car could, Seunghyun never forgive him to die so stupidly, even to die, period! He felt that his race was long and at every step he made, his legs became heavier.

When he arrived at the car, a man of security prevented him from moving and force him behind a concrete wall to make it safe, but the little man was struggling and tears began to flow, realizing that Seunghyun did not come out of the car. The marshals were busy around the car, but Jiyong did not understand. Did they note the death of his lover ? Did they wait the rescue ?

Jiyong was still crying, his eyes no longer see properly, everything was blurry. But he saw a door open and the rest of Seunghyun out, pretty bad shape but alive. The audience applauded. Some rescue workers came running and pushed the marshals before taking care of the injured pilot. Seunghyun lay down and closed his eyes

When the security man was call by a photographer to see if "he could get closer to take better pictures", Jiyong took the opportunity to sneak and ran to his lover. He knelt beside him, holding his hand. The wounded man opened his eyes in contact and the young man in tears said "Do not remake never again, otherwise I kick your until you can not walk anymore." Seunghyun chuckled, quickly replaced by a grimace of pain. "I hope at least that you have enjoyed the show." he made a small smile at the young photographer. "You really think I took the time to take pictures ? You are amazing Choi Seunghyun." and he kissed his forehead.