1. Gates to Hell

Mission : Protect NEW FACE!

MISSION SUCCESS.”

The watches on their wrists chimed out cheerfully along with the sound of Aron‘s gunshot going through their victim‘s heart.

“That’s the last one for today.” he let out a sigh of relief and stuffed his handgun back in his belt pocket.

“Too easy,” Baekho smirked as he wiped the blood off his shiny sword.

“Don’t get too full of yourself, Baekho. These were only kill and run mission, anyways.” JR warned him.

“Another successful day of killing missions!” Ren smiled, “Does this mean we get to get home now, Hyung? I’m getting hungry!” he chirped with a slight scowl forming on his face from the his hunger.

His face was also smeared in dark black blood, but no one seemed to mind it. Blood became a sight they had come used to after joining Pledis Corporation.

“Don’t be such a girl Ren, move, or you’ll get hurt.” Minhyun laughed at Ren’s feminine appearance as he pushed past him towards their van that was waiting for them.

Aron rolled his eyes. “You guys are all acting like kids,” he gave Ren and Baekho a look, directing his words to them specifically. “Let’s get back to headquarters, I need my beauty sleep.” he dismissed them with a wave and climbed into their van following behind Minhyun.

Ren pouted his lips out at him. “Chet! You’re all just jealous of my beautiful looks, you ing ists…” he stuck his tongue out at his fellow NU’EST members.

“ists? Does this mean you really are a girl, Ren?!” JR stared wide eyed at Ren. “I had my doubts, but now that I know for sure,” JR pulled Ren into his arms forcefully. “Why don’t you and me go get some alone time together?” he whispered teasingly.

“Aish, hyung!” Ren broke free of JR’s grasp. “I‘M A BOY! URGH.” He kicked JR’s private area as hard as he could and stomped off into the van, steaming with anger.

“OH . SHIIIIITTTT!! ING REN, I‘M GOING TO KILL YOU! URGHHH!!” JR clutched his crotch and rolled on the ground from the painful sneak attack.

He groaned and moaned in pain as the other boys laughed and pointed at their pathetic leader.

Aron rolled down the van’s window slightly to get a better look. “Woah, didn’t know you had that in you, Ren.” he chuckled, impressed.

Ren crossed his arms tightly across his chest. “Hmph,” he raised his chin up high proudly. “Don’t mess with me.”

“ You’ve got some serious guts to kick our leader down…there…” Baekho poked Ren’s cheek. “For a girl, at least.” he giggled in a high pitched voice mimicking a girl, making fun of Ren, again.

Ren glared at him and slapped his hand away. “ing retards…” he grumbled to himself as he edged himself away from them and towards the seat at the corner of the van.

“Haha, you know we’re just kidding, Ren! You're as manly as can be,” Ren looked up hopefully at Minhyun’s words. “Although, those girly features of yours make it really hard to see that.” he laughed.

Ren’s face grew grim again and he positioned himself even farther away from them as the tight space of the van allowed him to be. He stayed muttering curses at his friends and his feminine looks the whole ride back to the headquarters.

- - - -

“You have arrived.” the robotic voice of the navigator said as Aron pulled in the van to the headquarters’ entrance.

“You heard Navi, get off my car.” Aron nodded his head at the four members.

“Who’s Navi, hyung?” JR asked innocently.

“My NAVIGATION.” Aron rolled his eyes at the stupid question. “My god, what kind of idiot made you leader, in the first place?” he scowled.

“Oh snap, someone’s on their period~” JR whistled teasingly. “Come on, I think Papa Pledis wanted to see us in his office.” he hopped off the van and motioned for the other NU’EST boys to do the same.

“Are we in trouble, hyung?” Ren finally piped up after hours of giving the boys his silent treatment.

“I’ll bet it’s nothing special. If anything, it should be to praise us for our hard work.” Minhyun reassured him in a tired tone. He covered his mouth in for a yawn from all the missions making them run all over the place.

“Aight, well we better hurry in, then." Aron sighed as he locked his car. "Whatever the reason is,” he put his arms around Baekho casually as he pulled him along down the long empty hallway to the office.

“I’m still hungry…” Ren stared at the floor sadly as he dragged his heavy feet after the others.

JR sighed and turned back to face their maknae. He rummaged through his pockets to have his fingers grasp around a strawberry lollipop. He pulled it out and handed it to Ren, who happily accepted it with both hands.

“Here, stay quiet with this in your mouth until after the meeting with the Boss is over. We’ll go for some Korean BBQ for dinner tonight.” JR winked, trying to cheer up the maknae.

It worked, as Ren’s face instantly lit up, again. “Wahhh! Thanks hyung!” he quickly unwrapped the small treat and popped it in his mouth. “I’ll shut up for now~” he muffled out happily with the candy in between his lips in a smile.

“Good. That’s what I wanted to hear.” JR smirked.

Minhyun was the first to reach the door handle to the office, also known to the other hitmans as the gates to hell if you were unlucky. There were rumors that employees who were to be fired or retire were killed right on the spot of the office. The reason being to keep the organization of Pledis a secret. But those were only rumors, Minhyun gulped and tried to calm himself before turning his hand on the handle.

“W-well… Here we go.” he winced his eyes closed in fear and pushed open the heavy velvet door.

The door opened to reveal Boss Pledis with his back turned to NU’EST. He was staring at the night landscape of Seoul through the giant window while cleaning his gun.

The boys all gulped in union.

Boss Pledis slightly turned his head their way. “Oh, you’re here. Come in, come in. And close that door behind you.”

NU’EST uncomfortably shifted their weight from one foot to another and slowly walked in to the large office.

Baekho nervously closed the door behind them with shaking hands.

“Now, there’s no way that you can escape!” Boss Pledis laughed insanely.

MUAH?!” All the boys’ eyes widened. They exchanged confused and fearful glances between each other.

JR was even about to bend down and continue on to a speech of what a privilege it was to serve with his fellow hitmans and say their goodbyes, like he always practiced of doing just like the drams, when Boss Pledis stopped laughing.

He waved his hand in the air. “I was just kidding.” and started laughing hysterically again.

“Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha…” The boys faked out laughs along with their boss in a robotic voice.

Boss Pledis stopped and sat his shiny clean gun down on his desk. His face turned serious again, shutting the boys up once more.

“Now, I called you all here today becu-”

“Ah-ha-ha-ha.”  he was cut off by the continuous fake laughs from Baekho.

He kept laughing with a blank face. He must have been traumatized from the sudden fright and didn’t know when to stop.

Boss Pledis glared at him with looks that could kill, waiting for him to stop.

Aron quickly stabbed at his ribs to shut up.

Only then, did Baekho finally stop.

“Sorry.” he bowed his head down when he finally came back to his senses.

Boss Pledis cleared his throat once it was silent again. “AS I WAS SAYING,” he scowled at Baekho who still kept his head low, “I called you boys over here to give you a new mission. A REAL mission, no more of those silly kill and runs. You‘re all too skilled for that childsplay, this time it’s serious business.” he paused for dramatic affect. “Think you boys can handle it?”

They gave nods back and forth between each other excitingly, fear was replaced with determination now in their eyes.

Finally, JR stepped out of the group and up to the boss.

“What’s our mission, Boss?” he smirked cracking his knuckles.

 

 

-------

I hope I didn't dissapoint you with the first chapter.. q u q

It'll get better, soon <3