Chapter 1

Unexpected Circumstances

 

"Why do I have to go shopping for your cat?" Onew walked slightly behind Minho and Key through the pet store, muttering to himself.
"You could stay home and watch the kitten if you want, instead," Key suggested as he pulled out yet another fluffy pastel cat bed. Minho shook his head at him again, picking out a much simpler wicker basket with a light blue pillow.
"Eh, I think I'd rather go shopping," Onew reluctantly replied, grabbing a couple of toys and placing them in the cart. The three boys picked out some basic supplies for their new pet, and even had a debate over what food to get. They eventually decided on a moderately inexpecive dry food for kittens, then made their way to the checkout.
"Hey look, a tag maker," Minho said, pointing out the machine. "We should come up with a name for the kitten."
"We don't even know it's gender," Onew said as they walked over. Minho ignored him, browsing through the tag options on the machine. He picked one, smiling to himself as he put in a name and filled in their contact information. He paid, and a small, white heart was despenced from the machine. Key took it out of the slot, looking it over as Onew peeked over his shoulder.
"Sungjae?"
"Yeah, I'm going to assume it's a boy. What do you think?"
Onew and Key exchanged glances, then Key nodded his approval. "Cute."
They picked out a simple black collar, then paid for the rest of the items. After loading everything into the van, they pilled in, and the driver started home.
"I hope Jonghyun and Taemin are doing alright," Onew mused as they rode along.
"They should be fine," Key stated. "If anything, when we get back, Minnie will be playing with it, and Jjong will be doing something else and letting them be."
"Why did you have to pick up the cat?" Onew whined again.
"Jinki! Stop it, you'll be fine. You're not gonna hurt it, if that's what you're worried about," Key said as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"But how do you know that? I'm really bad with animals, especially little ones."
"Onew, you took care of a baby, I think a kitten will be fine," Minho chimed in.
Onew just sighed, and the remainder of the trip was silent. Once home, the three boys lugged the bags up to the dorm room, greeted by the sight of Taemin and the kitten playing with a random string on the livingroom floor, and Jonghyun sitting on the couch watching. The youngest stood as the others entered, taking a bag and searching through it.
"What did you get? Oooh, here kitty, a mouse toy!" Taemin said, pulling out the fluffy stuffed animal and tossing it over the kitten's head. It meweld, standing on it's hind legs and reaching up to catch the toy, twisting mid air as it missed and the mouse went flying over it's head. Minho chuckled as it went racing toward the oversized rodent, pouncing on it with a bit too much energy.
"Jonghyun, go put this in the bathroom. And fill it up, please?" Onew asked, handing him a litter box and a container of kitty litter. The shorter stood, taking the items and starting toward the bathroom.
"Ah, wait!" Key called out, putting a bag on the dining table. He pulled out a cat brush and claw clippers, along with some cat shampoo and a flea formula. "Alright, now you can go," he said as he placed them inside the litter box.
"How much stuff did you get?" Jonghyun asked as he went to put the items away.
"As much as we needed," Minho replied. He picked up the cat bed, taking it to the room and placing it at the end of his, gently fluffing the pillow. When he came back out, Key had place the food dishes in the kitchen, on the floor near the end of the counter, and was putting the food in one of the bottom cabinets. Taemin had managed to get all of the toys out, and was going through them, one by one, seeing which ones the kitten seemed to enjoy more. Jonghyun came out of the bathroom a few moments later, and Minho took the collar out of his pocket.
"Alright guys," he said as he went over to the kitten. It looked up at him, eyeing the collar in his hand. "We're going name you Sungjae. Welcome to the family," he said, putting the collar on the kitten.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I already have some things planned out, but really not much. If there are any events you think would be fun to see in this story, comment and let me know!
If I like the idea and it fits with the story, I'll probably add it in :3
Hope you enjoyed!