Chapter Six—The Return

Forgotten Memories

 

Chapter Six—The Return

 The seven Princes immediately froze in their positions upon hearing this person's voice. Just the sheer amount of authority and love in their tone illustrated the hidden feelings cooped in their veins. All of the Woos hadn't even heard from them in somewhere close to two hundred years—about the same length of time of not being able to see Sophia. This was definitely a reunion to remember for all of eternity. The brothers should have been able to sense them enter the palace grounds, yet were too distracted with Sophia that they overlooked such an important variable. None could seem to find the strength to shift their positions and face the new speaker.

Each of the brothers was unsure of what to do: either attack or embrace. And they were certainly preparing for both options.

"Forgive me."

Still, none of the Woo brothers reacted to what the figure had said. They weren't sure if this moment was truly an unbelievable reality or just a sick nightmare.

During this time frame Yoseob straightened himself up, pulling Sophia alongside him, as he extended a hand to shake that of the real ruler of the Kingdom of Seoul. The Princess kept her eyes locked on the achingly familiar faced person. She began to examine him, taking close notes of how she'd heard his voice in her dreams at times. But that could just be pure coincidence, right? The foreign individual, dressed in an all black suit, hadn't aged a day during his leave. And why would he? He was a vampire after all.

With a light breeze adding another eerie disposition to the moment, the awkward silence was broken as Yoseob addressed the figure. "Hello, King Tablo. Pleasure seeing you here," the youthful blonde haired BEAST greeted him.

"I received your letter and prepared to arrive here as soon as I could. But a few complications halted my arrival by a bit. I hope I'm not too late," the King smiled his same youthful grin, which seemed to have lost its light. Who would blame him though? His life had fallen apart in a time span of what didn't seem like too long ago.

"You've arrived at a very—coincidental, let's say—time," Doojoon told him respectfully.

Coincidence. What a very unique word to choose. This couldn't be coincidental, in any way shape or form. "I'm glad. I do have a lot to say to my sons," he continued while tilting his head awaiting some sort of vocal or even physical response from his children. But nope. Nothing happened. He had anticipated that sort of reaction from them. Asking for their forgiveness was going to be an extremely difficult feat. "You're not going to welcome me, children?"

Children? Just a moment ago, those who were in this grouping were so focused on Sophia; and now that a new figure arrived—apparently the Father of all of the Princes—the focal point shifted appropriately. There was a part of Sophia that wanted to just whisk away the BEASTs and gather up the answers to her own personal questions privately, but this sick feeling in her stomach prevent her from doing so—it seemed wrong. If she were to gather up the truth, it was as if she had to do so with the seven strange Princes present. But why? What sort of hold did they have on her? Or the hold she had on them, per say? Each and every single individual in this circle was connected somehow to the others; and that fact isn't too easy to run from.

If only she had known from that from the start.

At least she had enough common sense to figure out that this was not the appropriate time to try to voice her words, not like she had any in to even vocalize. Tense pain began to choke all those present slowly and inevitably. It was unshakeable, undeniable, unavoidable. And to even attempt some sort of distraction would be foolish—even for Sophia.

One thing she had accepted purely because it couldn't be a pure coincidence: it seemed as though figures in her nightmares... no, her dreams... or as Yoseob whispered to her earlier—her 'memories’—were stepping right out of them and entering her very reality. And there was no way of stopping them from doing so.

Sunggyu, being the oldest and most collected at that period in time, was the first to show a reaction to their Father's return. He slightly turned around, concealing the floor of emotions attacking his body, to face him. The overflowing anger and pain that flooded all of the Woo brothers' bodies was impeccable—and it yanked their hearts from one direction to another. "Welcome you for what? Returning from your two hundred year long vacation?"

"You left us," Woohyun growled while keeping his back turned to the King. He kept his eyes focused on Sophia, who was staring at the King. This Prince wouldn't dare do anything stupid, or remotely violent, with her around; and he knew that. It was definitely a smart choice to keep facing the confused girl. "I know you're hurt about Mother, but we are affected by her death just as you are. You didn't have to pack up your things and leave."

"You didn't even pack anything," Dongwoo corrected his younger sibling's words. He was already forming a tight fist, ready to punch anyone else to tip him off his scale. "You just left without a single word."

"I know I did," their Father took a step closer to his children. There was this intense need to just hold each and every single one of them. No matter what, through thick and thin, they were still his babies. "And I'm truly sorry for not sending word in such a long time... I just... I couldn't face any of you without having found my courage and my confidence."

"So, what? Does this mean you've finally found it? Then why did you go, if you couldn't even muster up the bravery to return to us?" Sungjong held back his tears powerfully.

"I was in search for my purpose in life," King Tablo replied, while his throat seemed to clog up with every breath. Tears were starting to form around his eyes, but he fought with all his might to conceal the sorry and the pain attached to them. It's not like he wasn't also hurt when he turned his back on his children and set out on a journey to locate the truth.

Myungsoo was just like Woohyun, and kept his posture with his back turned to their Father. One could clearly tell that he was extremely unstable from the emotional roller coaster they were all experiencing tonight. "Your purpose is to continue to live for those you love, and to take care of your children."

"We fell apart without you," Hoya's words were directed towards both Sophia and the King. They, as in his brothers and himself, were all hurt. They were all damaged. They were all crying from the pain of their departure. And both of them had to know that. "We are nothing without you."

The King was immediately silenced by their anger. He was well aware of how his disappearance could have left such a deep scar in their hearts, but was still unprepared to reacting to it. There was an underlying hope in his heart that wished that they would have been each other's foundation. But... that was destroyed just like their souls when Sophia left. As their Father, he knew of that fact yet was incapable of helping them out in any way shape or form. He had done what he believed was best. What he believed, though, was wrong. Just as the wonderful Princess had convinced herself needed to be done.

"Don't direct all of your anger towards him," Junhyung told the Woo brothers. He was unaware of the subliminal message aimed towards Sophia. Had he taken note of it, he may have kept his mouth shut for a few more minutes. Maybe.

Sungyeol cringed from the BEAST's words, the anger apparent in his stature and tone. "You have nothing to do with this, so stay out of our business."

Tablo straightened himself up and fixed his posture, all in an attempt to regain some authoritative power over his children. Everything and everyone were too intertwined for them to just assume that certain people weren't involved. It didn't mean that they weren't aware of what really happened and the reasoning behind it. "My departure was my choice alone," the King announced to those around him. "I did it because I questioned life itself." With a heavy sigh, he found the proper words to confess his real thoughts. "I'm worthless without your Mothers, just as you are empty without Sophia."

"Don't you dare try to use Sophia as a cover," growled Myungsoo who was just about to pounce on his Father. Keeping his eyes locked on Sophia, the confusion in her eyes eased him a bit. He didn't want to scare her, or even scar her.

A scoff escaped King Tablo's lips. His children definitely inherited the Queen's hardheaded yet strong willed personality. "I'm not. You can't honestly tell me that you didn't feel a void in your lives without her there. Because I know how that feels. I've been living these past two hundred years wishing I could just spill my heart out to the women I loved the most in my life."

Each of the brothers finally hushed down. Their Father's words were correct. They were almost dead with the feeling of emptiness creeping into their hearts and souls day by day. He had searched for a reason for that pain, and the power to overcome it for his children. And even though it did take him two centuries to find it, at least he still returned. The King came back to face his harshest yet most loving and understanding critics.

"And you think just coming back after all this time will fix everything?" Hoya left another question posed towards both the King and the girl of their dreams.

Sophia kept shut. She was sensing the underlying message of his words. The pain. The anger. The frustration. The shock. All of it. The truth was: she had no honest reply to it all. Whatever she'd tell them now would be a lie. She doesn't know the full story. How would she?

She tried to wipe away her memories, like the condensed droplets of water that gathers on the lining of a glass window or cup when something cold meets with the warm air. There will still be trace amounts of them, no matter how much she attempted to continually wipe it.   The imprint left behind eventually dries, but can only be washed away with more water. It's all an endless, inescapable cycle.

The King looked towards Yoseob while nodding to indicate that this was now the time for the truth to be revealed. He shifted his focus back to his children as he begged, "I know it won't be easy. But don't give up on me now, please."

"We can never fully look away from you, Father," called out Sungjong, "but that doesn't mean we don't get hurt and have to heal properly either."

"And you," Dongwoo turned his back on the King to face Sophia. She immediately took a step back at the anger built up in his voice. There was a fiery passion burning in his eyes; it both intrigued and scared the Princess. "I know we love you. I mean we'll forever love you. But you just left. You left just as easily and as quickly and as harshly as our own Father did."

Love? What does he mean? Why would he say such a committed and drastic word as that? How could they possibly love her when she hadn't met them in her life... other than in her dreams... as the Shadow Man or Men as it should be appropriately renamed. What if what they were saying earlier was correct—and she doesn't remember things as they do? Who is the one who is messed up? Her or them? Why would one of them even forget, or change something like that? There were just too many questions that needed to be answered, and it seemed like no one could properly answer them without straying too much from the truth.

Everything just seemed like a gigantic lie in her eyes and ears.

"I don't know what... what you're talking about," Sophia lifted her hands to cover .

"We're the ones who took her away," Kikwang announced to the rest of them. He immediately rushed to Sophia, blocking her from the Woo brothers, as he sensed the immense confusion in her tone. His broad shoulders slightly shielded her from making any eye contact with them. "If anything, you should be mad at us; not her."

"Kwang, don't," she reached out to him, holding onto his muscular biceps in an attempt to pull him back. "You didn't do anything."

"Don't defend them," Woohyun groaned like a hungry lion; the anger was exponentially boiling in all of their hearts. "We are still in shock and utter surprise by how you're all involved with this."

Now that had definitely pushed the Princess off the edge of her sane cliff. She took a few steps closer to the sharp nosed, husky voiced Prince as she found the power to push the muscular BEAST to the side. With one very swift motion, her hand slapped his sunken cheek with no remorse leaving behind a red mark on his porcelain skin.  "Don't you dare put the blame towards them! As far as I know, they're the ones who have taken care of me and watched over me since I can clearly remember. I may not be able to grasp onto the idea that you all seem to know each other pretty well and know of me like we've had a century's old friendship; but that doesn't mean you can go pushing your anger on people just because you don't have answers. If anything, I should be the one most pissed off right now."

Her sudden movement shook all those around. They were taken aback, since she was never really the type to resort to physical means to express her feelings. The pure anger and disappointment in her tone sent a powerful shock down Woohyun's spine more damaging than the pain attached to her violent action. She wanted to continue hitting him, but found the control to not do so. He was actually intimidated by her stature and composure.

"You say you know who I am. But in reality, you don't know a single thing about me," she growled. "Don't flatter yourself with claiming such nonsense. I went to this ball with my friends, hoping to expand my knowledge and relationships with the other kingdoms out there in the world. I may not be able to clearly put a name on the village I lived in as a human, but I do know who I saw in there. And they should be dead. They died two hundred years ago. But the figure I saw in that ballroom... that thing... it couldn't be Damien, right?" There was no response to concretely confirm her assumption. It seemed to her as though her hallucination from passing out earlier was correct. All hope wasn't lost. There was still a possibility of holding onto the past she had wished to regain so much. But that past was still unattainable and will be for a long while. "Now I find out that I can manipulate memories? You think I would have retained that information while I changed my own, wouldn't you?" Gathering her breath, she scoffed whilst nodding her head in a left and right fashion. "This is unbelievable in every sense of the word."

"I know it's a lot to handle right now... but we didn't know how else to go about explaining to you the truth," Yoseob placed his hand on her shoulder, but she easily shrugged it off. This was definitely not how they had planned to go about revealing everything to everyone. He had recognized that her anger was inappropriately aimed towards the one Prince who had burst her emotional rage bubble, and was attempting to redirect it to himself to help somehow.

Sophia glared at him, sending a very clear and powerful message to the blonde BEAST. He took a step back, giving her the space she obviously needed. "The truth? Have I been living a lie for the past two centuries? Is that what you are trying to tell me?"

"It's not that. The Kingdom is yours rightfully," Hyunseung told her.

"It has always been yours," King Tablo announced for all of them to agree on. "And it will forever be yours."

If the Kingdom was to be hers, what has remained a secret to her all of these years? Yoseob's words echoed in her mind. Nothing was as she had remembered it. So... so what was different... what was a lie... was anything even correct...?

"Then what truth?" Sophia angrily groaned.

"The truth of why nothing makes sense when you try to look back at your memories," Dongwoon said.

"I've always told you; it gets fuzzy once I start thinking of life before—"

"Before waking up in the mangled, deserted, broken down Kingdom of Akore."

She stared out into the distance before her words escaped her lips alongside a small sigh, "...Correct."

Doojoon took a step closer to her, and intently looked into her eyes. "You know what you are, right?"

"I'm a vampire."

"And vampires can only become real, true, full fledged vampires by...?"

"By having someone willingly give them blood," Sophia replied with a very accurate reason. She had read up on as many books in the library of her palace back home in her spare time. And that was one of the myths or legends, that have now been confirmed as the truth, of vampires alone. Once that phrase escaped her lips, she found herself quieting down—alongside the calming rage in her soul. Someone gave her their blood... but who?

"And, so dear lovely Sophia, tell me this: who turned you?"

That was when she finally zipped shut. Only seven people in this entire group knew just who had done it. That was a factor she had erased from her mind long ago. "I... I don't know."

Why couldn't she recall who turned her? She should be completely capable of remembering that with no problem—but looking back at that time period was like trying to look at life through a kaleidoscope. All of her attempts were futile and useless, leaving her with nothing but jumbled up and mangled memories.

Myungsoo pulled back Woohyun and inched closer to Sophia in the process. He knew who turned her. His brothers and him all did. She confessed to them right after the end of the war, alongside her confirmed that she had gotten vengeance on the Lee family. The sheer pain of having to tell her that a guy who wasn't one of them had turned her was holding him back from just blurting it out to the world. Clearing his throat of the large blocker that prevented him in easily revealing the truth, "Damien did it."

"What?" Sophia looked into his mysterious eyes. Within moments, it was too easy for her to get lost in the darkness of his pupils. There was something so captivatingly alluring about this Prince, and she couldn't figure out what.

"Damien. Damien was the one who turned you."

"Impossible, he died days beforehand," she nodded her head in disagreement, returning to the arms of her self-made memories—all of which was beginning to erode and crumble right at her fingertips.

"If he really died, then who the hell did you see inside the party, as you had said?"

  Sophia took another step back, gathering her thoughts and her voice as fast as she could. He was right. No matter how much she tried to not believe it. She couldn't. Because he was right. It's impossible for her to have seen his ghost, and it was no mistake for her to think that someone else could have been Damien. It was him. He was alive. "Then... then why would I recall... I... I got the letter. I remember. He died from injuries due to a mission..." Flashes of her blurry fake memories began to race through her mind.

"That's what you caused yourself to belief," Junhyung said sincerely. "And just because you made yourself believe it, doesn't mean the truth can't overrule your thoughts."

"This is ridiculous!" She belted out her anger, confusion, and frustration out for the world to hear. "Even if this is all true... How would he still even be alive? He wouldn't be around for this long; he would have died over a century ago... Unless... unless he is..."

"A vampire also," Sunggyu finished her sentence for her.

"You all believe that I'm going to magically trust that Damien turned me into a memory changing vampire who decided to just erase her memories one day because she wanted to?"

"Not because you wanted to," Yoseob whispered as he reached out for her once more. "But because you thought it was the best for everyone to... start fresh."

Holding back her tears, the strong walls of her power were beginning to tumble down. "...It doesn't make sense... It doesn't... This can't be the truth..."

"It's a lot to take in, we know," Doojoon patted her on her back lightly, holding back the need to just embrace the fragile vampire in his arms. He had always been protective of her, not in a lover type of way but like a sibling.

"For me to just... to just erase my own memories... That is farfetched..."

"You thought that the most beneficial road for everyone's interest was if you were to—"

"Disappear," the word breezed out of her pink lips like a light wind during the summer nights.

The oldest BEAST took a step back, realizing that this was what they had wanted her to reach. She was making great progress in terms of regaining it all back; but there had to be some screams, yells, and a slap involved. "Correct once more," he nodded while taking a step back.

"If I wanted to make it easier for us all... why did I only aim my ability at myself? It's clear that none of you were affected by it—unless you found a way to creep around it and rewind the effects."

An eerie silence finally haunted their region. No one had the answer to shed some light to her choice of just erasing her memories in the end. In reality, she couldn't bear taking away their shining smiles at the end of the day. Had she not started the process with him, then maybe she would have gone through it. Maybe she would have ended it with erasing their memories; and found herself recalling all of the joyous moments in her dreams for the rest of eternity instead. That may have been the least painful option of it all.

But the moment her eyes focused on his endearingly beautiful smile... her plan was thrown out the window. She couldn't bear knowing that he'd never know she had made that mischievous grin form across his face before. In taking away their pain, she'd be taking away their happiness at the same time.

What's easier? Having gone through the happiness and be able to recall the pain of a goodbye; or not remembering anything at all?

"You erased someone else's memories." The blonde haired BEAST reached out for her hand, but she immediately yanked it back before he could get close. Her sudden reaction surprised him; but he held his composure nicely.

Sophia lifted her hand to press it against her cold cheeks. What she would say next was extremely hard to even fathom. For all of these years, she had firmly believed that he was gone. And now, in this night, she clearly saw him in that ballroom. And his existence was further confirmed by the boys around her. It was as if all she could see was his hazel eyes and how they captured the light even in the darkest of areas—they were always the one thing that never failed to express his true feelings and emotions. A strong part of her echoed in her mind that it was all correct. She had to realize it. "...Damien's..."

Yoseob noticed how a sort of spark ignited in her eyes once she came to terms that he was alive. But it was easily extinguished upon realization that everything was darker than anyone had predicted. He nodded his head lightly, to indicate that she was correct again.

"I messed with Damien's memories..." She could no longer find herself having the courage to stare at anyone's eyes. It was too painful, too embarrassing, to harmful to do so. "...I altered my own... That... That explains my cloudy and distorted recollections..." With only having the power to gaze by the Princes, she asked, "But if I never messed with your memories... and you all... you all say you love me... or who I once was... then how have I never encountered any of you in the past centuries? Is your love a lie?"

Woohyun's shaking voice was enough to show how caught off guard he was. He had the strength to reply with both fear and pain in his throat, "...We... do. We love you..."

Boom. A large crack appeared around her concealed memories. Old feelings and pieces of her old life slowly crept back into the Princess' heart, mind, and soul. Tears flowed down her flawless face. The moonlight shined on them powerfully, illuminating the trails of water falling as if they were glowing in the darkness. No one had the power to immerse the Princess in their arms. "If you loved me all along..." She wept as she accepted Woohyun's words. "...then why did you never fight to find me?"

 (Flashback starts)

The BEASTs were crowded around Sophia, who kept her eyes locked on her wonderful reflection. Now that she was a vampire, she was capable of living and being around for all eternity. That was a time slot that she never really thought of for it seemed impossible to her beforehand. She definitely had a reason to stick around for that long... but would soon find herself turning her back on that cause.

This girl had finally made her decision; and there was no changing it once it was made. Focusing on the crevices of her brown eyes, reminiscent of the innocent and youthful colour of her own Mother's, she crept down into the deepest parts of her soul. This was the only way—in her mind—that those she loved would live fruitful lives. She hoped that they'd forget of her and move on... Oh how silly of her to even do so.

Yoseob, who was standing right behind her, fought the urge to just whisk her away and end her dramatic method of separating herself from the boys. She was going to regret her choice sooner or later; and he, nor do the other boys, wanted to witness the pain she had been suppressing or building up for herself in the future. But they had given her their word—of standing by her side until the end of time—and they couldn't turn their back on the girl who didn't give up on them even in the eyes of death himself.

A single tear traveled from the Princess' eyes as everything was blurring in her mind. She rearranged memories and completely erased others. It was all an attempt to close off her heart on her joyous past. If she never knew how wonderful her life was because of the people she loved, then she would never have anything to compare to later on. Lastly, she held onto the last image that was the most difficult to forget.

Myungsoo and his infamous grin.

Falling back into Yoseob's arms with a small smile across her face, all six of BEASTs were immediately shocked by the event. They weren't quite sure if she was alive or dead for breathing was no longer an automatic gesture of her body system. Snuggled against his chest, Sophia remained motionless.

"Did she... die?" asked Hyunseung while taking a step forward to press his palm against her forehead. He took a note of how different she smelled, much more like the Princes' and Damien. It would take some getting used to; but it didn't bother him as much as he thought it would. Actually, all of them overlooked that fact.

She was still their little Sophia—the girl who bossed them around, yet always looked after and cared for them no matter what.

"I think she overused her ability," Doojoon sighed beside him while examining her perfect features. Vampirism certainly added onto her flawlessness; and brought about a new air of regality that was even more captivating than before.

Dongwoon hovered above her asking, "Are we really going to go return her to her house? I mean, it is sort of demolished and covered in blood."

"Not that house," Kikwang hit him lightly. "I'm sure she meant her Kingdom. The home that's rightfully hers to rule and look over."

"And none of us have a clue where it is," Junhyung shed light to the truth and sort of halted their hopes of just waltzing back into such a location. "How are we supposed to find a hidden kingdom?"

"Easy," Yoseob turned to his best friends, who should have just been identified as his brothers. He pressed the Princess' body closer to his. The beating of his heart resonated through hers like the revving of an engine in a modern day vehicle. "We go to the one person in the world who was closest to her Mother."

 The six of them proceeded to head towards the Grand Ballroom where the King was hastily trying to keep himself busy. He knew that a moment of silence in his mind would just bring back memories of Jenny or of Aurora, and he'd break down in front of all those who looked up to him in a heartbeat. Throwing aside broken furniture and aiding to the wounded definitely gave him the proper amount of distractions. Upon seeing the BEASTs with Sophia in Yoseob's arms, he just turned his back. He never pictured or even expected the next scene to be something that was so life damaging and painful.

"King Tablo," called out Doojoon, being the oldest and most authoritative of the bunch. "We... we have a favour to ask."

"What is it?" the King questioned in return while launching a broken table into the backyard. The murmurs of the other butlers and other maids echoed all over the palace. He enjoyed the noise. At least for now. He couldn't handle peace and quiet with his current mind frame.

Without even wasting any time, they immediately got to the truth. There really was no time to waste, and none knew how long it would take for the eight vampires upstairs to just wake up and realize that Sophia wasn't with them anymore. Their first priority was hopefully just snoozing away in Yoseob's arms.

"Tell us the location of the Sophia's family kingdom," ordered Junhyung, who retained the same amount of confidence as Doojoon. Recognizing that he sounded too assertive, he added on a "please" before readjusting his clothes. It was incredibly rude to just say something like that to a King afterall.

Frozen in place, the King sifted through the mohawked BEASTs words. Tablo found himself gripping onto the broken mirror so hard that it was cutting through his skin like a knife on butter, but lied by saying, "I don't recall where it is." He definitely knew where it was. He'd visit... every year... on the eve of the massacre itself—beating himself down to his core for not having the power to prevent such a tragedy from occurring.

"Now, I understand that looking back into your memories," Hyunseung said as the will of his admiration for Sophia grew, "is really difficult, especially with the recent departures of loved ones. But we made a promise to Sophia. And we are not resting until it is fulfilled."

Tablo finally released his strong grip around the mirror. His palm was bleeding as the droplets fell onto the marble floors, but the pain subsided itself. Staring at how quickly his body was repairing itself; he eerily asked in return, "The promise is to kidnap her while she's sleeping?"

Kikwang immediately eyed the other BEASTs upon realizing how flawed their plan was today. It did seem like they were sneakily running away with a not-so-aware Princess. "No, she told us to return her to her home. After she had gotten done with—"

"With what?"

There was a pause with the King's question. They weren't sure if it was the best option to even tell him the truth; or just come up with another lie all on its own. But to tell a fib to him after all that has happened would be a crime all on its own. This was a sign of their respect and honour towards the King himself.

"With changing Damien's memories," Dongwoon replied sternly.

The King immediately released his hold on the sharp glass. Its weak frame shattered into smaller, bloodied pieces right on impact with the marble floor. "She... did what?"

"She can alter memories," Yoseob took a step closer to him. Sophia was peacefully lost, regaining back her energy, right in his strong arms. Being able to hold her like this drove his heart into madness.

Tablo's eyes focused in on his palm. The wound was now gone, just as easily as the damage had been inflicted. Such a trivial feature of being a vampire. "She can't alter memories unless..."

"Someone turned her," Kikwang took the words right out of his mouth.

"...Who?"

"We don't know," the BEAST holding onto her confessed. "And quite honestly, I don't think any of us care. She is what she is, and it doesn't change a thing about what we think or feel about her."

"And we'd really appreciate your help," Dongwoon begged whilst inching a bit closer to the King. "This is... This is all we can do for her."

Tablo pulled up one of the only remaining pieces of furniture that remained intact, his golden throne. It still shined and capture the light just as it had before, but the feeling of power and authority left his system within the last twenty four hours. "...To return her to the Kingdom of Akore... That's your initiative?"

"Yes," all six of them nodded simultaneously.

"Such a high goal. But tell me this, honestly, did she change my children's memories?" asked the King before coming up with his final conclusion.

Yoseob took a step forward, inching a tad closer to the pained King. He knew what it would mean for him to say both yes and no to this situation. The King would definitely react differently to both situations; and a part of him knew that lying would only intensify and worse the problem. With a heavy sigh, he replied, "No. I interrupted the process before she had done so."

Tablo looked out into the oblivion, and stared at the other broken furniture around the room. He snapped his fingers, as every single pair of eyes focused in on him. Without even having to do so individually, he merely willed, "I believe it is best for all of you to leave this room until our guests have left themselves. And none of you will recall any part of this moment aside from cleaning diligently."

Each butler and maid courtsied and bowed to the Royal. "Yes your Highness." All of which scattered into other parts of the Kingdom.

"That's good," Tablo finished his thought process before sighing under his own breath. "That's... really good."

"That they remember it all?"

"I don't know what I'd do, if I were to just forget it all," the King stumbled through the smiling faces of his loved ones, especially on those of Aurora and Jenny. There wasn't a moment throughout his lifetime where he wasn't imagining at least one of them. It caused him great pain, yet eased his sorrows at the same time.

"Forget what?"

"Forget Aurora and Jenny," he blankly responded as a small smile formed across his face. He couldn't help but release the immense happiness he felt once he pictured any memory with either of them. They were his fondest and joyous moments; and he wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

Hyunseung took a step forward, to parallel himself to his blonde BEAST brother. "But Sir, isn't it a painful thought?"

"I'd rather wake up every morning with the thought of them and falling asleep with their smiling faces etched in my mind, rather than do so every day for the rest of eternity with an empty void in my life."

The BEASTs quieted down. They understood his side of the coin perfectly. Even though it did hurt to look back at the memories, knowing that there was no possibility of reliving or creating more; there would still be a part where they'd grin childishly at all of it. It would eventually balance itself out—with the pain and the joy.

"One more question," the King motioned for Yoseob to come closer. "Why are you protecting her like this?"

"It's not that we agreed with her choice," Junhyung honesty replied. "We were pretty aware in those tanks back at Headquarters. We wanted so much to just... break free... and expose the Professor for all of his mischievous antics; but were incapable of doing so."

Doojoon continued assertively. "The only reason people even knew we were alive was because of her. She... she wanted so badly to know that we were alive. She was willing to put herself into danger, just to know that we were alright. There isn't any situation where she doesn't think of others before herself. And even in this decision... she acted upon what she thinks is best for everyone."

"And what do you plan to do... if I were to truly give you the location of the Kingdom of Akore?" Tablo reached out to graze his fingertips alongside her face. Such an eerie reminder of the woman he once loved.

"To be honest, we aren't quite sure yet. But we know that once we get there, we'll figure something out."

"You just want to fulfill your promise to her."

"Yes."

"Then you have convinced me enough," Tablo stood up from his golden throne. He recognized the burning fire in all of their souls, and how determined they were not to fail. It was admirable. "I shall arrange a carriage to take you there immediately with some supplies and necessities."

"You don't have too—" Kikwang bowed repeatedly.

"But I do; It would calm my soul knowing that you guys aren't dying out there in such a distant land."

"Thank you," all six of them simultaneously displayed their gratitude.

Dongwoon cleared his throat. "About your sons—"

The King cut this BEAST off once more. "I'll take care of my children the best I can."

"I don't think they'll be too happy about her disappearing..."

"They won't be," nodded Tablo in agreement.

"We will certainly be in a lot of trouble once they figure out that we were involved somehow..."

"Yes, yes you will," he did so once more.

"They will have our heads on a platter."

"My children have grown on a vegetarian diet," the King added. "Plus, I told you I'll handle them. So you have no need to worry about having to continually run from them or anything like that. Just know that once you enter the Kingdom of Akore, it'll be best for herto stay within the walls until you believe it's best to reveal her back out to the world. I give you my word, young BEASTs, that I shall do whatever it takes to benefit both parties."

All six of them were hinted off at what the King was planning, yet were too grateful for how generous he was being at this moment. Yoseob was the one to ask, "What are you planning, King Tablo?"

"I'm planning to ease their pain through the only way I can," he whispered whilst returning to his duties of cleaning up the Grand Ballroom.

"By?"

"That is my problem to handle," the King bid farewell to the BEASTs and the sleeping beauty in one of their arms'. "Just remember that you'll all be safe. Good luck."

Taken aback by the tears escaping the Princess' beautiful eyes, all of the boys around her froze in their place. Her question was so unexpected, alongside her reaction. The pain of everything was gushing back into her heart. It was a question that could only be answered by the doer himself—the King.

"That would be my doing," Tablo told them.

"What?" Myungsoo and Hoya simultaneously questioned.

The King stretched out his arms, cracking his neck at the same time, before proceeding. "You all understand the concept of a vampire's ability, correct? How there are so many variables that come into play when one is turning. How vampirism in itself was a defense mechanism, and so only when one is in ultimate danger or is feeling threatened will an ability even present itself. How it will advance itself through practice or an impactful event."

All seven of the Princes nodded in agreement. This section of the conversation was a lesson to the aching Princess and BEASTs. She was still crying, trying to withhold her hidden confusion.

"The moment Jenny died," the King looked back at such a dark moment, "I found myself having an advanced form of my ability. Where I could leave a lasting command on someone for as long as I want, like a constant message playing in their subconscious."

"How does that have anything to do with—" Dongwoo began an opposition when it hit him hard in his face. A lasting command. Their own Father had used his ability on them.

"I knew the BEASTs wouldn't approve of my action had they known, so I kept them in the dark. But once they left the gates with Sophia, I willed all of you to just lose the feeling of wanting to find her. You'd still remember everything, but the need to strive out there in the world and actually locate her whereabouts would be gone—and it has been gone all this time," Tablo continued his tale. "That is why they haven't looked for you all this time; it's not because they didn't love you but is because of me."

Sophia fell to her knees once more. A flood of memories began to flash before her mind. She pictured being in a bedroom with the seven Princes and Damien. All of them just sleeping ever so peacefully along the cotton comfortable sheets. A beautiful tune, one that could easily put anyone and everyone to sleep, echoed in her ears. Whilst another memory crept into her body. It was the feeling of holding onto the cold dead body of one of her siblings. The apparent bite marks all over their fragile and young bodies. The soft curls atop of Cindy's hair was drenched in blood alongside her white gown.

Slowly and surely, her memories were starting to tear down her powerful walls. And she was certainly breaking alongside them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A SUPER EXTRA LONG UPDATE FOR ALL OF THOSE LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS AND AMAZING PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD WHO HAVE BEEN SO PATIENT WITH ME :D

I'm getting sleepy so leave me with some lovely messages alright? :) I want to hear your opinions and thoughts and what you guys are just feeling right now cuz it makes me happy and thirlled to know it :3 

I love you guys <3