Final

Will you go penguin sledding with me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May was rushing through the crowds without so much thought that it could trouble her. She fixed her scarf before hiding her hands to her coat pockets again. It was evening, almost seven o'clock, and she hadn't touched her dinner because she began to think that having dinner was entirely unnecessary as the lack of sleep had caught up with her.

False.

Dinner had become unnecessary because what Sehun, the youngest in her circle of friends, said became reality.

"You will think about all of your failed relationships again and blame yourself when you rewatch your favourite classic Valentine's film." She remembered him point out her chronic habit.

Well, it was just a half truth because she hadn't just watched a Valentine's film. She watched The Conjuring on the Valentine's day-- Jongin's recommendation.

But she still blamed herself again. Of course.

Finally, finally, she arrived at Jongin's family's bakery. Jongin was there because Valentine's day meant business doing well for the Kims and he had been so dedicated in helping his family on the busy day like this since he was so young.

May wished that her presence didn't equal interruption.

When she stepped in the room, it was full of students-- many of them were still in uniforms, not necessarily couples, but she knew their presence was for the Valentine's festivity and the chocolate's discounts.

There were balloons and flowers on one side and she knew that it was Mrs. Kim's best efforts. Then, she spotted Jongin who served two glasses of warm drink from where she was standing. She smiled when he waved to her. Her face lit up instantly.

“May!” Jongin greeted. His smile was so wide.

The guy was the nicest, so she wasn't surprised when he asked her if she needed him to ditch work while he was guiding her to one of the empty tables.

"Or maybe, we need to switch places? I need to be busy instead of watching the couples eating cakes alone," she said.

Three girls near them were giggling as if they laughed at what she said. But she found out later that they giggled harder when Jongin smiled at them.

"Are they here for you?" May whispered and Jongin only shrugged. Then, he disappeared before returning a few minutes later with a coffee and cakes for her.

She took a sip and scowled. Then, she decided to tell him about her watching a horror like he had told her to do while she was playing with the cream on the cake. She omitted the fact that she felt so lonely on the Valentine's day.

She used to tell her friends that she was happy and seeing someone new to begin a new relationship wasn't her priority.

It was an excuse in the past. It was an excuse to convince herself. But this time, she wasn't looking for excuses.

Jongin attempted to make conversation about work, but a few answers from May stopped him as those answers were brief and he knew that she wasn't interested to talk about her demanding job as accountant in the office. Or perhaps, she didn't want to be there with him at all.

"Have you seen Chanyeol after he cut his hair?"

"What?" The mention of the name made her search for Jongin's eyes.

Chanyeol had become their dependable and loyal friend, only recently that he was hardly ever seen when they hung around.

All of them knew how Chanyeol wanted to grow his hair long only to give up eventually.

"Why is it important to see his new hairstyle?" She responded again after a delay. "It's not that he chopped down his hair a la soldier, right?"

Jongin chuckled. "I didn't say that seeing his new hairstyle is important." He raised his eyebrows. "Since summer he's been so busy. Should you go to see him and get him admit why he suddenly loves working so much?"

She shrugged. And that was how the topic of Chanyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter