First Mission: the drug dealer

the squirrel and the bunny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan's just about to call her partner after her twelve text messages are left unread when she hears footsteps behind her on the rooftop.

"Stop spamming me," Joohyun says.

"Nice of you to finally hop in!" Seungwan retorts over her shoulder.

Joohyun rolls her eyes at the vigilante sitting at the edge of the roof and follows her gaze, asking, "What do we have?" 

The Bunny pulls out a pair of binoculars from her tail and Seungwan quirks a brow. "How do you fit so much in there?" Seungwan leans her head back to get a better look at the fluffy tail only to have a hand pushed against her head.

"Stop looking you ," Joohyun grunts and holds the binoculars to her ears, canvassing the scene. They're on one of the rooftops opposite a park just so conveniently dark and empty and quiet. "This a drug buy?"

"Yup," Seungwan replies lazily and turns back to the scene. Her mask is not only capable of night vision but fitted with enhanced zoom.

"Yoo Jimin?" Joohyun mutters in surprise. She remembers her because Seulgi once brought her in for drug possession. They'd let her off with a warning due to her young age and because she was only carrying a very small amount. 

"You know her?"

"Uh..." Joohyun clears and musters the most serious voice she can. "I keep up with crooks."

Seungwan considers her with a look of scepticism and says, "Right... What are you, a cop?"

"What, no!" Joohyun exclaims, gripping tightly onto her binoculars. Only one outing with the vigilante and she seems to already be catching on? Joohyun realises now why she's almost never asked to go undercover. She wishes she was like Son Seungwan, despite only being a junior detective, she has an incredible career and is quickly on track for a promotion. That's one of the reasons why Joohyun likes her so much. Well not so much. Joohyun has barely even had a full conversation with the girl. 

"She's the one who gave me the tip," the vigilante says, pulling Joohyun out of her thoughts. "When we catch the dealer, don't hurt her okay?"

Joohyun drops her hands from her head, sparing Seungwan a look of disbelief. "She's a criminal. Not your friend."

Seungwan sighs and gets up from her seated position on the roof, a hand on her hip and an unimpressed tight-lipped smile. "She risked her reaching out to me, Bunny. Not everything has to be so black and white. She's just a kid. Maybe she made some mistakes but she doesn't deserve to be labelled a criminal."

Joohyun can't help but feel annoyance bubble up in her chest. She hates the admit it, but the Squirrel is right, Joohyun herself has seen how susceptible younger people are to purchasing and using drugs, and how easy it is for dealers to keep them coming back. She knows of juveniles going away for months if not years just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. A mistake. 

Still, Joohyun hates to admit she's right. This vigilante is a criminal, regardless. So what if she seems like a good person with decent morals? She'd be better off fighting crime the legal way. Joohyun imagines what it'd be like to work with her in the police force. The woman under that mask could be a real help. But here she is, in a tight spandex suit taking justice into her own hands. 

"What's with the frown?" Seungwan asks "Some-bunny having a bad day? A bad hare day?"

"Quit it, Squirrel," Joohyun grumbles, glaring at Seungwan's pleased grin.

"Hey you might not carrot all, but I think you look ear-resistible today."

"Your puns aren't funny."

"My puns are very bunny."

Joohyun thanks the universe when her ears signal her to some movement in the park and she quickly whips back her binoculars to see a man approaching Yoo Jimin underneath a tree. Before she knows it, her partner has wings extending from her suit and she glides down to the park.

"What the--" Joohyun starts, quickly pocketing her binoculars and following Seungwan down with her grappling hook. "Give me a warning next time, you rat!" Joohyun hisses when she lands on the grass

"Still a squirrel," Seungwan chirps and Joohyun looks up to see that her par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter