Smiles After The Rain

Nine Tales of Reminiscences

 

 

 

Title: Smiles After The Rain

Genre: Angst Romance

Casts: SNSD's Tiffany/ Stephanie Hwang/ Hwang Mi Young | Super Junior's Choi Si Won | 2PM’s Nichkhun Horvejkul

 


 

“Where will you go, Steph?”

“I will just go to the park Oppa.”

“It’s raining outside. Don’t forget to bring an umbrella.”

“Okay Oppa.”

 

Her Leo Oppa always worried about her a lot, because she is his youngest sister after all. Her sister, Michelle, cares a lot about her too but not like her brother who still treat her like a baby. Maybe it was because she's been living apart from them since 2004. And now, after fourteen years later, she returned and finally will stay with them in their hometown, Diamond Bar, California. They tried to overwhelm her with affections that they were difficult to provide during  the time she lived in Seoul because of differences continent. They always pampers her with loves. She loves all the attentions but she knew that her slightest sadness will make them paranoid. She could not voice out and cry at home since her childhood, especially since her mom’s funeral. She did not want to make them worried about her. When it happened, the park was the perfect place. So she would always walk to the nearer park, her favorite place to pour all of her feelings.  Nobody would call her foolish and she was able to cry.

Now she strolls through the park. She know how much her family loves her but she know how much they hates her to have a relationship with him.

“It won’t work Stephanie. You will only suffer in this relationship.”

“He is in different caste. Don’t dream too high dear. He will only marry who his parents choice.“

But she did not believe them before. Now she regrets it so much. She should heard their advices so she would not feel those pains.

 

~ * ~

 

She walks back down the park while recalling the reminiscences of them.

After joining the company, she went abroad alone to her ancestral lands, South Korea. Although her ​​father would oppose an all-out her goal to become an artist and sent her to college and continuing her father's business, she remained steadfast determination and dreams. Actually, she also wanted to throw away the memories of her mother's grief who have just died. That she thought when she passed the auditions at the SM Entertainment Starlight Casting System was the answer to her prayers from God. So she was just a fifteen years old  teenager when she tried to convince her father to allow her to go to a foreign world that she never knew. Her father eventually allowed it, but with the proviso that she must succeed or else she would be pulled back to the U.S. and had to learn the business. She hugged her dad tightly and promised that she will be successful. She was not Stephanie Hwang nor Hwang Mi Young, the daddy’s little girl anymore. She was now Tiffany and she would swallow any hardships that were coming. She would not cry anymore like her old self. She determined that she would always smile, anytime, anywhere.

At that time, she met and fell in love with him since her first sight. He was her fellow trainee mates who debuted before her in a boy group named Super Junior, Choi Siwon. She has always harbored her feelings and thought that the feelings she experienced only one sided. Because he has established the love with another woman. But her admiration for him never died. She was more impressed after knowing his figure even further. She was impressed by his behavior that was full of good manners. She liked his religious figure, because she was like that too. The dongsaeng-oppa’s relationship that often carried out social actions and charities together were developing into the relationship between two lovers.

It was their third anniversary years. Talk of getting married was spoken, but one day he wanted to break up with her suddenly. Even after many months passed, she still did not know the reason. If they could go back, she wanted to ask why. “Is it my fault?”, “Is it because I went back to US?”, “What if we didn’t have a long-distance-relationship (LDR), will be us still being together?”. She wondered but no answers she got.

Finally she knew why he wanted to break up before. He was engaged with his ex-girlfriend who was a daughter from his father’s best friend, Stella Kim, and will marry her next month. She knew her. She was one of her friends when they were trainees before. They were almost debuted in same group too actually. She knew that her shadow was always haunted their relationship. But she thought when she chose to be apart from the company and moved to the States to study there, their relationship would be really over. But she was wrong. His family grip never leave them and he was never forget her fully. Now she finally knew the reasons, she would be able to move forward.

 

~ * ~

 

“Miss, you drop your handkerchief.”

“Thank you sir.”
Her blurry eyes make her not recognizing the figure of the man before her.

“Hey, you’re Fany right? Tiffany Hwang from Girls’ Generation?”
She gasps. She blinks to clear her visions. She is surprised that someone knowing her old identity in such place.

The man thinks that she did not recognize him, “I’m Nichkhun. Nichkhun Horvejkul from 2PM. You know, the boy group in South Korea before.”

He feels awkward when he tries to explain about his identity. He scratches the crown of his head.

She smiles because his funny actions. She finally recognizes him.

“Of course I know you Khun Oppa. Nice to meet you. What are you doing here?”
“Oh, I was just wandering around this park. My friend lives near here and I think I should check the surroundings because he couldn’t accompany me. So yeah, here I am, walking alone. I never thought that I will meet someone that I knew before here.” He smiles sheepishly.

“Fany, if you don’t mind, would you accompany me to look around the city?", he pulls out his best aegyo and makes the cutest puppy eyes she had ever seen.

She giggles. “You didn’t have to make an aegyo Oppa. I will accompany you after all.”

“Ouch, it hurt me. My aegyo didn’t work anymore.“

She smiles and laughs, “I didn’t mean like that.”
“I know. I just wanna hear your laughs,” he flashes his eye smiles.

She stunned when she sees it. Previously, she was always known for her famous eye smiles. She knew it but she did not know why people worshipped it so much. She only knew that her eye smiles could bring happiness to those who saw it. But still she was curious because she never had its own effect.

But now she know what had happened to the people as she now sees and experiences it herself.

 

~ * ~

 

They walk around the city all day. She introduces the history of the places in the city and takes him to visit her favorite places. Day moves to dusk, the sun has turned into moon. He then drives her home.

“It was so fun to be with you Fany. Thank you for the day.”

“I should be who thank for your accompany Oppa. “

He smiles again and her heart beats increases rapidly.

“Anything to make you happy Fany. You should be always smile like this. Your beautiful face should not be tainted with sadness. You know, I was your fans before, especially for your eye smiles.“ He winks and smiles to her.

She is surprised to hear all his words. choked. She can not say anything.

“Good bye Fany.”

The figure turns around and walks away.

“OPPA...” She tries to call him.

He turns around looking at her quizzically, “Yes?”

She stutters,“W--wo--- would you have a dinner tomorrow in my home, Oppa?”
She holds her breath until he smiles, “Of course. I would love too.”

“See you tomorrow Fany.”
“See you tomorrow Oppa.”

Maybe this time she can achieve the happiness.

 

~ * ~