Different Kind Of Happiness

Nine Tales of Reminiscences

 

 

 

Title: Different Kind Of Happiness

Genre: Angst

Casts: SNSD's Kim Tae Yeon | JYJ's Kim Jun Su

 


 

The spring breeze and the fragrant smell of roses graces her afternoon. She closes her eyes and swings her body back and forth leaning on the wall. She is humming their favorite lullaby, bringing back old memories. This is her favorite spot after all. Or this was. Not just her, but him too.  But it was, on their pasts.

-

That day she had a meeting scheduled in the building, the old building of their company. Actually most of their activity has been transferred to the new building. However, due to renovations in the new building, then the meeting held that morning at the old building. The meeting was over and her schedules were  empty  for rest of the day. She breathed slowly. Old memories like playing it back in her eyes. Now the place was deserted, but once it was full of people back and forth. The place was full of memories between him and her. She stepped toward the rooftop unconsciously, she opened the door and stepped outside, into the roof-garden which is not maintained, full of wild red roses. She walked slowly to her favorite spot, leaning to the wall and gaining the reminiscence of the past.

-

They were sitting in that place, intertwined their fingers. They were enjoying their rare moments being together in their packed busy schedules. It was spring and the sweet fragrance of roses filled their nostrils. She inhaled deeply the sweetness. She was very happy just by being in the place with him. Nothing can replace the precious moments of these.

“Taeyeon-ah...”

She flashed her smile and turning her face to the presence of her beloved one. “Ne, oppa?

“Have you heard it?” “Heard about what, oppa?”

“The rumours that me, Jae and Yoochun hyung will secede from this company?”

She closed her eyes and weakly smiled. She heard about it but she did not believe it and would not believe it. Her oppa would not do that, she believed that. She shook her head and drove out the bad thoughts far away.

She opened her eyes and softly whispered, “That’s just a silly rumour, right oppa?”

Silence filled the room until he ventured to preach the bitter sentences, “...... No, that is true.”

She withdrew her fingers from his grasp.

“B--But--- but, you won’t leave, right? This is your place, your family. Our family.”

His head bowed, he could not say anything. Tears started b in the corner of her eyes. Another silence was asive in both figures.

“Cann’t you just stay, Oppa? Like Yunho and Changmin oppa?”

“.....”

“Cann’t you just stay? For me? For us?”

“I’m sorry baby. But I’ve promised to them that I will join them. I cann’t stay here anymore.”

No words, only sobs could be hear.

“But we still can make it. You and me will still work for this.”

“.....”

“Or you can join us too. You have a beautiful voice, you will be a great solo singer.”


She closed her eyes again. She got an offer like this before and she ever tried to consider it but she knew that she could not do that. Despite she is the oldest and the leader of her group, but actually she gained her strength from them instead, her yeodongsaengs. She could not leave them, her beloved sisters. She could not stand alone in the middle of stage without them. She did not have much courages to do that. She was just a fragile girl in those cruel entertainment life.

She could not abandoned her family too, the SMTown. Her oppas, unnies, dongsaengs who made her world colourful and full of joys since her adolescence. She went awry, it oscillated her in two very important things of her life. She opened her eyes slowly with a strong determination to be her final decision but she whispered it softly, “I’m sorry Oppa. I think I cann’t do that.”

“Ah... It’s okay. We can still maintain our relationship even we are not in same company. We will find a way. We will make it. ”

She shook her head faintly, “It’s impossible Oppa. We will not make it.”

“..... What do you mean baby?”

“Let’s break-up Oppa.”

“NO!!! You cann’t do this baby. I love you.  I love you so much. Please, don’t  leave me.”

He hugged her tightly. She did not fight in his arms. Her crying grew louder.

“I love you too Oppa. I’m sorry Oppa. I’m really sorry. But I’m not strong enough to handle this.”

That evening, the two figures cried and hugged each other, poured out their unspoken feelings because they knew that they might not have another day to them together again in the future.

-

She opens her eyes. The afternoon sun greets her, blinding her eyes with light. She smiles.

She had always wondered before. What if. What if he did not separate from the company. What if she dared to defend their relationship though different companies. What if she was considering his advice to pursue a solo career and follow him. What if she did not give up their relationship. What if they did not break. What if they stayed and continued to be together. What would have happened to them.

Previously, she always tried to push the thought away. She did not want to remember the bitter days that stifling her heart. She always tried to keep herself busy with hectic schedules and tried to always be a good leader and unnie for her younger sisters. It was like a forgotten past. Even sometimes she felt that it was unreal. Because even though it were bitter memories, it were also the best memories in her life. Her bitter sweet reminiscence.

The sun shines, the spring breeze and the fragrant smell of roses wakes up and remind her that right now she is happy.  She is happy with her state right now. She is happy among the people she loved and she loves that she and her group can give happiness for many people. She receives a lot of loves and she thinks that she should not begreedy more than that. Now the feeling of tightness in the chest and lump in is no longer felt. She has this kind of happiness. Eventhough sometimes she wonders about what kind of happiness will she get if they continued to be together, she knows that they are in different paths now. She and him had chosen a separate way. She and him had chosen their own kind of happiness. Maybe it was just she and him were not meant in same pathway together.

She gets up and moves from her seat. She steps toward the door. She grabs the door knob and opens it. She turns once again, staring lovingly at the garden. She smelled and inhaled the sweetness of spring again. A smile tugged at her face again. Finally, she closes the door and goes down, backs to her life.

-


::: First of all, actually I didn't really ship TaeSu. My OTP for Taeyeon is Wooyoung 2PM (WooTae). But I have read about their fanaccts and many evidences that I believe they had a relationship before and it vanished at the time when JYJ separated from SM. I was kinda fell for them. It was really dissapointing that they didn't have a duet/ collaboration before. Sigh, imagine of the serenade from their beautiful voices together. When I watched the PV and read the background of Taeyeon's storyline, her love stories with Junsu flashed in my mind. It really fits the story. So angsty :( Torned between love and friends, love and family, love and works, etc. Maybe there were not much supporters of DongBangShiDae, but I hope you will support  this story :) And for the shippers, I hope you will cherish this story :)


BONUS:

 

I didn't own the pictures. Credit to the owners :)