Practice

Me, your kids and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Kiyo wanna play some soccer?" 

 

Kiyoshi looks up from his tablet and shakes his head no " You've been asking me for the last few days, no" 

 

"Whyyy, it'll be fun come on" Dahyun said looking at him with a stupid grin on her face. 

 

"Because I . Everyone says so. My teammates say so" Kiyoshi grumbles out. 

 

Dahyun takes a seat next to him "They're probably jealous of your skills, i'll help you practice. I was a soccer player back in highschool and university" Dahyun said trying to convince him to play with her.

 

"Fine, only if I can have your spider man beanie" 


 

"THATS MY FAVOURITE HAT" Dahyun exclaims, she was a twenty six year old woman and was getting possessive over a hat. 

 

"Okay and?" 

 

"Fine" Dahyun grumbles out "Meet outside, Ren and Mizuki are already there" Dahyun leaves him and walks outside to the garden seeing the other two kids kicking the ball around. 

 

Dahyun sits down by a bench placed in the garden and watches. She hasn't seen much of Sana ever since that small collision between the two of them. 

 

She needs to apologise to the woman, but Sana was so hard to find, it's kinda ironic how the woman who owns the house is not seen anywhere in the house. 

 

"Alright let's get this done" She heard Kiyoshi say and she turned around and saw him in his soccer uniform, what a cute kid she thought. 

 

"Alright squad!, we make sure we do this clean, we do this well, and most of all have fun" Dahyun said in a deep voice imitating a drill sergeant. 

 

The three kids who were all lined up nodded there heads " Aye aye captain!" they all said in unison. 

 

"That's what i like to hear!" 
 

"Oh my, is this an army boot camp?" Mrs Shin interrupts the four of them and was carrying a tray full of snacks and drinks. 

 

"Thank you Mrs Shin" Dahyun said smiling at the old lady. 

 

"It's my pleasure, now have fun" Mrs Shin walks off shaking her head. Dahyun has certainly brought out the kids out of their shells even though she's only been here for two weeks.

 

"Alright, first off let's practice some passing" Dahyun said "Ren you and Zuki partner up and Kiyo, you're with me" 

 

The three nod and Dahyun noticed how Kiyoshi wasn't kicking strong enough for the ball to make it smoothly to her. 
 

"Try kicking harder and with your inside foot, really try and focus on where you want to kick it" She explains to him. 
 

He nods and tries again, this time the ball going in a perfect straight line and Dahyun smiled " perfect, now keep up with the consistency" 

 

A good ten minutes passed by and they were still going at it. Kiyoshi was getting better with his passes, now the real challenge was if he can pass well if someone was defending his teammate. 

 

Dahyun told Mizuki and Ren to defend her and try and stop Kiyoshi from passing. 
 

That ended up with the kids attacking her on the grass "Get her!" Mizuki said and started tickling Dahyun who laughed out loud. 

 

"FOUL!  RED CARD!" Dahyun shouted and flipped the kids around so now they were on the grass instead and tickled them. 

 

"St-stop it" Kiyoshi giggled through breathes. 

 

Dahyun eventually got up and brushed herself off "Alright since you kids want to misbehave, let's play a match two v two" Dahyun said smirking at them 

 

-
 

"She's good with them" Jihyo comments observing from Sana's office window. Watching the pale girl play with the kids.

 

"That's her job. To be good with them" Sana said, looking at her computer screen and typing away. 

 

"Are you still not over her saying that you need to make some time for your kids?" Jihyo asks raising an eyebrow at Sana. 

 

Sana broke away from her screen and placed her glasses down on her desk "I'm over it" she said, Jihyo scoffs knowing her best friend of years. 

 

"She's right you know that's why you're in a ty mood" 

 

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Sana asks, making Jihyo chuckle "Denial is not a good look on anyone Sana. She's good for the kids maybe try to form some sort of friendship with her" 

 

"I'd rather keep it to employer and employee, I have no time to be making friends with my kids babysitter" Sana said. 

 

"You are one difficult woman" Jihyo shakes her head in amusement "Will she be coming to Nayeon's party?" 

 

"I've asked her, and she said yes" 

 

"How exciting" Jihyo said and once again looks out to the garden to see the four sat down on the grass and sipping on some juice cartoons "She's just like a child" 

 

"Tell me about it" Sana said, the pale girl was practically a play date for the kids. She doesn't act her age but she's reliable and that's all that matters. 

 

"I think she'll be perfect for your little family" Jihyo mutters underneath her breathe looking at how kids all look at Dahyun. 

 

"Did you say something?" Sana asks looking at Jihyo who was smiling at something. 

 

"Nothing nothing, anyways Tzuyu needs a hand with something and I promised her I'd help her, so see you" 

 

"Have fun with your 'girlfriend'" Sana teases out. 

 

"She's a friend" 

 

"Denial is not a good look on anyone" Sana mimicks what Jihyo said earlier. 

 

"Goodbye" 
 

Sana laughs and watches her friend leave, out of curiosity she stands up from her seat and looks outside to the garden. 

 

She saw her children talking about something to Dahyun, and watched how Dahyun intently listened to them. 

 

Was she being a for no reason at all? Dahyun was just looking out for her kids.

 

She needed to apologise to the girl. 

 

--

"Go wash up, you're all dirty as hell" Dahyun said to them as they all entered the house again. They were all covered in grass and mud from playing outside nearly all day. 

 

"Mommy!" Mizuki said seeing Sana walking towards the living room, Sana walks towards them and give them a smile. 

 

Dahyun suddenly felt awkward. 

 

"Did you guys enjoy playing out all day?" Sana asks smiling fondly at her kids. 

 

"She taught me how to kick the ball better" Kiyoshi said "I'm probably better than all my teammates now" He brags out. 

 

"Well done baby" Sana said, "Why don't you all wash up and we'll go out for ice cream after your dinner?" Sana softly spoke to them. 

 

Dahyun watched their eyes widen and they all nodded eagerly before rushing off upstairs. 

 

Kids are so easy to please.

 

"I-I'll also need to go and shower" Dahyun stuttered out and excused herself and sped walk upstairs.

 

Sana sighed seeing the pale girl awkward around her. 

 

---

"Mizuki, Kiyoshi no running" Sana said to them as the five of them were walking towards the ice cream place that was located nearby the Han river. 

 

Sana runs after her two youngest kids and Dahyun couldn't help but smile seeing the sight. 

 

"Psst" 

 

Dahyun looks down next to her and looks at Ren "What's up?" 

 

"So you know the girl" Ren said trying to whisper so his mom wouldn't hear. 

 

Dahyun nods "Should we make up a code name for her?" She grins at him, his eyes widened and nodded eagerly mimicking Dahyun's grin. 

 

"What should her code name be?" 

 

"Strawberry" Ren said instantly, making Dahyun raise an eyebrow at him " Any particular reason why that code name?" 

 

"She smells like strawberries" 

 

Dahyun's grin widens " N-NOT THAT I SMELL HER OR ANYTHING" Ren defends himself quickly, his cheeks going bright red. 

 

"I didn't even say anything about that weirdo" Dahyun teases him making Ren go even more red. 

 

"Enough with the teasing already" He mumbles out. 

 

"Ok ok, so what about strawberry?" 

 

"She's asked if I wanted to go the arcade with her and a couple friends after school next week" Ren said feeling shy all of a sudden. 


He knew that it was just a friendly invite but can't a boy dream? 

 

"You're in dude" Dahyun said "You can one hundred percent find out from her friends if she likes you"

 

"Is it that obvious that you can tell if someone likes someone else?" Ren asks. 

 

"People tend to notice more things than the actual two fools who like eachother. You'll just know it, it's like a spidey sense, you'll just look at two people and know they like eachother, or look at one person and instantly can tell who they like" Dahyun explains, it was funny how humans work. 


Imagine being that obvious that people around you can tell you more about your feelings for another person. 

 

"Slowpokes come on!" Mizuki shouted from the distance, making Ren and Dahyun laugh.

 

"Come on your sister is being impatient" 

 

"Took you long enough" Kiyoshi rolls his eyes and looks at the two late comers entering the shop. 

 

The ice cream shop was a cutely decorated place, it had white walls with cute peach accents that outlined it and cute decorations were placed around. 

 

It was a cosy little ice cream shop and the amount of flavours they had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter