Angel {ChanBaek}

Never Don't Mind About A Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun lay frozen in fear, hands pressed against Chanyeol's bed, as his Hyung removed his belt behind him. He could hear the leather sliding against denim, each sound winding him tighter. 

 

"I'm sorry, Hyung," he whispered desperately. "Please don't."

 

The belt stilled. After a long moment, Chanyeol spoke in a weary tone. "I don't want to do this either, Baek-ah. But you need to understand the seriousness of skipping school and disobeying us. Our lifestyle...it comes with risks. We need to know you're safe."

 

Baekhyun shuddered, thinking of the odd undercurrents in his family - Kris's drinking, their secretive "business” within the industry. A distant memory surfaced of eavesdropping on his brothers late one night, words like "deals" and "enemies" floating downstairs. 

 

“What...what do you really do?" he asked in a small voice.

 

Chanyeol sighed. "It's...complicated. Just know we're trying to look out for you." His tone softened. "I know it's been hard since your Appa passed. But you still have us, okay? We're family."

 

Baekhyun nodded, blinking back tears. Deep down, he knew Chanyeol only wanted to protect him. And despite their differences, s cared in their own way. 

 

A knock startled them. At the door, Kyungsoo peered in nervously. "There's, um, a problem downstairs. You better come.” 

 

Chanyeol followed, leaving Baekhyun to hastily scrub his eyes. Downstairs, the whole group had gathered tensely around Kris, who appeared in a rage. 

 

"That's it, I'm done listening to you morons!" Kris spewed, shoving past Xiumin. "I'm outta here!" 

 

Xiumin grabbed his arm. "You're not leaving like this, Didi. Talk to us.” 

 

Kris wrenched free. “Screw you all!” He swung wildly - catching Xiumin unprepared. A scuffle ensued as the others leapt in. 

 

"Stop!" Chanyeol bellowed. The commotion froze, Kris struggling in Tao and Kyungsoo's grips. Chanyeol took a calming breath. “We’re a family. Let’s work this out peacefully.”

 

Chanyeol pulled Kris aside. "That's enough. You're lucky Xiumin isn't pressing charges for assault. Consider this your final warning, little brother. One more screw up and you're out on your own."

 

Kris scowled but said nothing. He stomped downstairs, slamming the door on his way out. 

 

Xiumin sighed rubbing his bruised jaw. "That boy is gonna be the death of me. I don't know how much more trouble we can cover for him."

 

Chanyeol nodded grimly. "I'll deal with Kris. In the meantime, we have another problem child to attend to." He turned to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun gulped. He had hoped Chanyeol forgot about punishing him, but those intense eyes said otherwise. 

 

"Come," Chanyeol said curtly. Baekhyun trailed him reluctantly to his room. His heart pounded in his chest as dread filled his stomach. 

 

Once they entered the bedroom, Chanyeol shut the door firmly behind them. He turned to face Baekhyun with a stern expression.

 

Chanyeol shut the door softly behind them. Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to look at his Hyung, shame and dread churning in his gut. 

 

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol's voice was weary but not unkind. "Look at me, please."

 

Reluctantly, Baekhyun met his stare. What he saw there gave him pause - not anger, but sadness. Regret. 

 

"I never want to have to punish you," Chanyeol said. "But you leave me no choice when you disobey. Do you understand why what you did was wrong?"

 

Baekhyun nodded miserably. "I'm sorry, hyung. I wasn't thinking."

 

"No, you weren't." Chanyeol sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, patting beside him in invitation. Baekhyun joined hesitantly. 

 

"These are difficult times for all of us," Chanyeol began gently. "I know your Appa is gone and there are ...other pressures. I don't blame you for acting out. But I need you to listen, Baek-ah. Our career choice, it comes with risks. There are people who would use any of us against the others, if given a chance. When you skip school without permission, when you disobey the rules...it puts us all in danger. Do you see?"

 

Baekhyun pondered his brother's veiled words. What dangers could he pose, a mere boy? But Chanyeol's tone held such gravity that he knew there must be truth to it, even if the full picture evaded him. 

 

"I'm sorry," he repeated in a small voice. "I wasn't thinking of any of that. I'll do better, I promise."

 

Chanyeol nodded solemnly. "I believe you mean that. But you still must be punished to learn fully. Then this will be over, and we can move on." He took Baekhyun's chin gently in hand, meeting his gaze. "Do you accept what must be done?"

 

Baekhyun's stomach flipped but he steeled himself. Chanyeol only did this for his own good. "Yes, hyung. I accept it."

 

Chanyeol's face was grim but calm as he stood. "Very well. Take your pants down and come bend over the bed, Baekhyun."

 

Baakhyun nodded nervously and complied, fingers clenching the blanket as he laid his chest down. Chanyeol rolled up his sleeves, took a steadying breath, and retrieved his belt from his waist. 

 

"I will give you ten . You must count each one out loud and thank me afterward, do you understand?"

 

"Y-yes hyung." Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut, bracing himself. 

 

The first crack of leather against flesh nearly made him jump out of his skin. "One! Ah- thank you hyung..."

 

Chanyeol rubbed his back gently. "Breathe, Baekhyun-ah. Focus on co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter