MAMA {BaekLay}

Never Don't Mind About A Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was still very energetic and had trouble sitting still for lengthier periods of time. This inhibited his ability to perform well in school and sit quietly in church. Most of the Exo members were Catholic, or at least Christian, except Suho, of course. Still, Suho attended mass with the rest of the group every Sunday as he enjoyed the atmosphere and the group's company. Baekhyun frequently got punished or lectured for not sitting still during the hour-long mass; which, by the way, seemed like an eternity to him. 

 

It was a warm Sunday in early spring. The group had arrived home after attending their weekly mass and Baekhyun just could not sit still. The group sat down at the table as Kyungsoo warmed lunch up. Baekhyun continued to fidget and move about in his chair as he waited. He also had a habit of pretending the air was paper and his finger a pen. 

 

“Baek,” Lay said quietly, trying to get the boy’s attention, but Baekhyun seemed to be in his own world.

 

“Baekhyun!” Lay tried again. Still, no response.

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” 

 

The younger boy made steady eye contact with Yixing and formed his hands into a gun shape before aiming them at Lay.
 

“Pew!” he screamed. Lay just smiled. Baekhyun was adorable.

 

“Very funny, Baekhyun. But, I need you to sit still now. We’re about to eat and I don’t need you knocking anything over. Yes?”

 

Baekhyun nodded but continued to shoot his arms around. Kyungsoo emerged from the kitchen with a large plate of sandwiches for the entire group. As D.O. lowered his body to set the plate in the middle of the table, the inevitable happened. Baekhyun shot his hands up to his upper right side, knocking the large platter out of Kyungsoo’s hands and sending the food flying. Within an instant, Suho was yelling at Baekhyun. 

 

“Byun Baekhyun! Go to your room this instant!”

 

“I will be up there to discuss with you, Baekhyun,” Lay said firmly. 

 

“But I didn’t do anything wrong,” the younger boy argued. “It was an accident!”

 

“Byun Baekhyun! Do NOT raise your voice at me! Go to your room immediately!”

 

“No!” the vocalist screamed. 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I said no!”
 

“Baekhyun, I will count to three, and if your isn’t walking up those stairs to that room, you will get bedtime spankings for a week! One.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t need to be told twice. He knew Lay always made good on his words. With tears welling up in his eyes, he bolted up the stairs and to the bedroom he and Chanyeol shared. From there, he waited for Lay to arrive. He hated the way the hyungs and geges made him wait before he was going to be punished, he wished they would just get it over with. He knew that he was probably going to be spanked; that’s how he was usually punished at least. He remembered how about a couple of months ago, Suho had spanked him with the wooden spoon for behaving badly in church. Getting spanked by the hand was bad enough, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter