Chapter 3: King Lay's garden

Supernatural Academy

 

For his second and third Period, Junmyeon has a free period. He chose this time to tour the academy more than the quick tour that Taemin gave him at the start of the day. He takes his time to check out all the facilities that he didn’t see earlier. Junmyeon eventually finds the courtyard that was located on the west side of the academy.

Sitting on the bench by a large oak tree was one of Junmyeon’s best friends, Seokjin or Jin – as he likes to go by. He was sitting down eating a bento. Junmyeon walks over and sit down next to Jin.

“You’ve got a free period too?” Junmyeon asks.

“Yesh.” Jin says whilst he has his mouth full of food.

Junmyeon rolls his eyes at his friend’s ways. Jin has always loved food since Junmyeon has known him.

“What have I missed since I last saw you guys?” Junmyeon asks Jin.

“I got six boyfriends, Yoongi, who is a cat hybrid, Hoseok, who is a siren that goes by J-hope or Hobi, Namjoon, who is a is clumsy vampire, Jimin, a pixie, Taehyung, a tiger hybrid who likes head pats, and Jungkook, an alpha bunny looking werewolf.” Jin explains with a look of love on his face.

“Awww, Jinnie has got himself a harem.” Junmyeon teases as Jin blushes profusely.

“Anyways, Kyuhyun is up to his usual mischievous ways, the other day he pranked one of the professors. Leeteuk Hyung scolded him for that. Taemin was his partner in crime, Key Hyung also scolded him. Sunny has been making and selling flower crowns.” Jin says catching Junmyeon up on what has been happening with their friends.

Junmyeon looks round and sees a beautiful gate that was surrounded by flowers and vines. At the top of the gate is butterfly wings. Jin follows behind him.

“What is that?” Junmyeon asks, pointing to the gate.

“That’s King Lay’s Garden, people are allowed in there but they have to follow the rules King Lay has made.” Jin answers.

Junmyeon gets up and walks to the gate – opening it and walking straight through. Junmyeon’s eyes widen with childish wonder as he sees little pixies flying around. There are fairy rings everywhere. In the middle of the garden is a bunch of tiny bunnies, Junmyeon’s favourite animal. In an instant the bunnies hop over to Junmyeon. Junmyeon crouches down and picks one up and cradles it to his chest. The bunny snuggles into Junmyeon’s chest.

“Hehe, a bunny holding a bunny.” Jin chuckles. Junmyeon again just rolls his eyes. Since Junmyeon has known his friends, he has been called ‘Bunny’ by them all. He can see where it comes from as he has a tendency to scrunch his nose like a bunny.

“Bunny! Jin!” The two hear someone call for them. When they turned around, they see Kyuhyun jogging towards them with a mischievous smile on his face – he has done something, pranked someone more like it. They have seen that look on his face far too many times to not recognise it. Last time he had that look on his face, he pranked the most hated teacher in the high school. He only got an internal suspension due to the principal also hating the said teacher that was pranked.

 

“What did you do this time Kyu?” Junmyeon questions the mischievous werewolf.

“I pranked miss popular.” Kyuhyun replied – smirking widely.

“You prank Kim Soyeon? How did you manage that?” Jin asks looking shocked. No one has been able to prank Kim Soyeon, as she is the daughter of the headmaster – who sees his daughter as doing no wrong despite her bullying people who don’t have the privilege she does.

“She made fun of Donghae Hyung for always clinging onto Eomma and Appa, and needing to always be with Hyukjae Hyung. So, I put itching powder in her expensive jacket. I also left a magically infused ring that will spurt water at her when she touches it.” Kyuhyun explains.  

“Who is Kim Soyeon?” Junmyeon asks as he pets the bunny’s tiny head.

“Kim Soyeon is the daughter the headmaster of the school. You remember Mean Girls? Think Regina George but even meaner. She gets what she wants as the headmaster allows her to get away with anything. Just the other week, she broke someone’s wrist but she was only given a warning. She has a crush on the kings, even though they are married to each other. But still miss pretty princess thinks she can get what she wants.” Kyuhyun tells Junmyeon.

“PARK KYUHYUN!” A loud voice shouts.

Kyuhyun’s facial expression changes from mischievous to a child about to be heavily scolded by his mother. Jin and Junmyeon turn to see Kyuhyun’s Eomma, Leeteuk, marching towards the three of them. Here’s the thing about Leeteuk – he is one of the calmest persons in the world but once you make his angry expect the wrath of a dragon despite him being an Omega werewolf.  

“Ooooh, you’re in trouble Kyu,” Junmyeon says while laughing at Kyuhyun’s terrified face.

Leeteuk walks up to Kyuhyun and grabs him by the ear. “You’re going to go to Soyeon and apologise. And if you don’t, say goodbye to StarCraft for a year,” Leeteuk whispers into Kyuhyun’s ear, coldly.

Kyuhyun just looks at his Eomma with wide eyes.

StarCraft was Kyuhyun’s favourite game that he was obsessed with. Leeteuk threatening to ban Kyuhyun from playing his favourite game means that Leeteuk is very serious. Kyuhyun looks defeated.

Kyuhyun eventually caves in to his Eomma’s demands whilst also hating the idea of apologising to the spoilt princess of a woman. He stomps away with Leeteuk following him. Once the mother-son duo was out of sight, Jin and Junmyeon looked at each other before bursting out laughing. The two out of the garden just as the bell rings to indicate it was lunch time.