Chapter 4

Captivated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo's POV

Today's my free day since we're given about a day to take a break from the project. That's one of the good things about our company, our CEO makes sure that we take a day break from time to time to regain the strength that we lost on our job.

 

I don't really have plans for today except to rest but Jongkook asked me if we can have lunch outside as he's going to tell me stuff about the project. I actually told him he can do it after our dayoff but he said it's important that he tells it today so he can hear my thoughts about it and if I have to suggest some changes, he'll have the time to do it. Normally, I would say no, but since it sounded so important, I said yes. I suggested that we have to bring In Sung as he's my partner for the project but he said I can just relay it afterward. Which was weird.

 

As I stepped out of the house, my phone rang, In Sung's name flashed on my screen. "Hello?" I said. I heard a weak sigh on the other line. I rechecked my phone to confirm if it was really In Sung who called and it's really him.

 

"Hello?" I said again. "Hey," he weakly responded. "Hey, are you sick?" I asked just because he sounded sick. I didn't hear any reply. "What are you doing?" he finally talked. 

 

"I'm going out with Jongkook," I answered. Again, I didn't hear any reply. Normally, I would leave it like that but my mouth can't just stop talking. "He told me he has something to suggest for our project," I added. I just heard a low "hmmm". 

 

"Hey, are you really okay? In Sung-ah?" I asked again. 

 

Jo In Sung's POV

"Hey, are you really okay? In Sung-ah?" I heard Ji Hyo from the other line. I'm not feeling well since I arrived at my condo unit from the construction site last night. The good thing is that today's a day off so I can maximize my time resting. At times like this, my mother would be the one taking care of me but since she's in Jeju, I have no one to rely on but myself. I don't have a girlfriend or a wife to take care of me either. 

 

I made my cough exaggerated and groaned like I'm in so much pain to make her feel that I'm really, really sick. I actually don't even know why I'm acting like this. One thing for sure is that I don't want her going on that lunch with Jongkook. For all I know, the project's just an excuse, he's just asking Ji Hyo out. 

 

"Okay, you're not fine!" I suppressed my laugh when I heard her panic. For a few seconds, I didn't hear anything from the other line; I was about to hang up the call when she talked. 

 

"Okay fine, whatever! Uhm, this is what we'll do. Have you eaten?" She asked. "Nope," I simply said. 

 

"Okay, uhm I'm going to buy food that you can eat and buy you medicine. In the meantime, you just take a rest," She said and hang up the call, not even letting me respond back. She didn't ask for the address, I uttered in my mind. I smirked at the thought then checked the time, 11:30AM, it read. Assuming that she lives near the company, and my place is 15 minutes away from the company, I set the alarm clock at 11:45AM to make sure I'm awake once she arrived. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter