Chapter 1

Captivated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo's POV

I woke up feeling lightheaded. As I adjusted my eyes from the sunlight coming from the window, I covered my mouth to stop myself from screaming. There's a man beside me, and we're wearing nothing but just the sheet wrapped around our bodies. Then suddenly, waves of memories came through my mind from the time Somin, my friend, forced me to go clubbing and get laid. At first, I didn't like the idea but after finding out Lee Byeong Heon, my ex-husband, is getting married after two months of our divorce, I got so mad that I immediately went straight to a club. 

 

I looked at the man beside me and silently observed him. He's handsome, that's given, and I gotta admit, last night was fantastic. He was so good, I couldn't even remember how many rounds we had before exhaustion overwhelmed us. Performance-wise, he's better than my ex. I immediately pinched myself when my mind said that. I reprimanded myself why in the world did I just compare the I had with this stranger I don't even know and my ex-husband who divorced me just because I'm way too confident to the point that he feels like we're not on the same level. What a crappy reason right?

"Man and their ego," I scoffed as I made my way through the room, picking and wearing my undergarments and dress. Before getting out of the room we stayed, I checked him out one last time, "Thanks for last night, I think I needed that but it won't happen again. See you never, I guess" I said before leaving.

*****

"You got laid," Somin immediately said when she had a sip of her morning coffee. Somin is a fellow architect who's been my friend ever since college. She's the only person I trust and she's the only person I consider as my real friend. People around me view me as an independent woman, someone who would choose career over love, or someone who's just out of everyone's league. That is why, when people found out that Byeong Heon and I were getting a divorce, no one was shocked because "it was bound to happen" they said. 

 

But I don't really care, all I know is I loved him and was loyal to him, heck I even declined the offer I got to work on a big project just because he so wanted to have it and so I recommended him. But that was a foolish decision I know, yet I didn't regret it. Because even if the project was a success, I still get many project offers than him, and I can't just keep on declining those opportunities just because he wanted them for himself. Hence, the divorce. The thing is, even if I loved him, I worked so damn hard to be where I am right now, so I can't just give a free pass to anyone -- even if that someone is very, very special to me -- if I know I can do it, and that I can do better.

 

My silence with Somin's statements just confirmed what she thought. "Omo!!!! You gotta have to tell me everything that happened Unnie!" She said, excitedly. Asi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter