005; seollal

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

The cousins found themselves at the Swiss Grand Hotel on a Wednesday night. The four each wore a different colored shirred body style dress with a puff-like latern sleeve for the event with Kierra in White, Serena in Mauve, Melanie in Black, and Linna in Light Blue along with a simple matching masquerade mask. However, the cousins didn't plan on sticking around after the performances even though Jiwon informed them that they were more than welcome to stay longer at Yuna's behest.

"Hello everyone!" Melanie greeted the crowd while looking over at her sister and cousins.

"One, two..."

"We're 2N2!" The quartet sang in unison.

The quartet's group name was a name used for their KPOP cover group from back then to which just meant 'two and two' as in two sets of sisters and their mixed ethnicities. However, they didn't bother introducing themselves individually as they believed this would be their one and only time doing something like this. Besides, they hardly knew anyone here save for their aunt.

"Before we get started," Kierra spoke next.

"We would like to wish the birthday boy, Lee Najoon, a super duper happy seventh birthday!"

The quartet clapped excitedly as the others joined in while Linna introduced their first performance.

"Anyway, we have a few songs prepared for tonight and our first performance would be a cover mix of Twinkle+Something!"

"Please enjoy and watch over us kindly!" Serena chimed in with a laugh.

The quartet decided to do a fun song to get the crowd going before something more child-like. While singing, the responses were surprisingly positive. The cousins moved off the stage and into the crowd just as Linna did the 'Oppadul, are you ready' part. The response became louder when she briefly glanced over to a random table filled with young men around her age. Soon the quartet did the dance break which signaled the transition of one song to the next with the quartet engaging the crowd further. While performing to the second part of the song, they were in a different area of the same room, but were still able to spot the other if needed. Serena happened to notice five young women making their way towards Linna suspiciously. Without hesitation, Serena stopped singing and dancing while rushing over and at that moment got splashed by each of their champagne glasses instead. This caught everyone's attention and the music stopped altogether while the other females ran off after their actions.

"Are you okay?" Jiwon asked, rushing over to her niece as she checked on them thoroughly.

"No injuries of any kind?"

"Yeah, I'm fine and no."

Serena responded although Jiwon kept fussing over them.

"Do you want to change clothes? Do you want to continue?"

"No and no."

"Okay."

Jiwon quikly looked at the other three for confirmation if they wanted to ontinue as well and they agreed with Serena, not in the mood to continue despite feeling sorry for the child who's birthday performances got ruined.

"Alright."

Their aunt beckoned for their microphones just as Yuna joined them a moment later. Jiwon explained the situation and Yuna became understanding while taking one of the microphones as Jiwon lead the quartet out of the venue.

"Our apologies, but it seems that 2N2 will not be continuing their performances due to this unfortunate incident that occur. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior at all. Tonight wil go on as planned without 2N2. Thank you and have a good rest of your night while we continue to celebrate my son's birthday."

Yuna bowed before making her way to Jiwon as they discussed about how to go about things. The quartet reassured their aunt that they were fine and that she should stay and continued the celebration, not wanting her to leave alongside them. Eventually, Jiwon stayed and her nieces returned home. Once the four were all settled in comfortable clothes did they recalled the five that splashed Serena being Hyewon, Yeonjun, Rika, Nara, and Yuna's sister, Seo Yuri. They concluded with no idea on why they did what they and just dropped the subject. They discussed other things like Hanbin's birthday coming up soon and Seollal happening a few days after that.

"Happy birthday dear Hanbin!" 

Everyone sang for Hanbin's birthday.

"Happy birthday to you!"

"Whoo!" Everyone cheered after the song and Hanbin blew out the litted candles of his birthday cake.

The cousins were now at one of the boys' houses, celebrating Hanbin's birthday. However, they wouldn't be spending the night at any of their friends' houses.

"So, who wants cake?" Hanbin asked his friends with a bright smile.

Their other friends helped him cut the cake and passed them out to those around them or placing them on the table for others to grab instead.

"Y'all can just grab one for yourself."

"Both of us need to use the bathroom."

Both Serena and Kierra informed Melanie and Linna.

"Okay."

Both casually watched thier sister walked back inside the hosue before focusing their attention onto the delicious looking cake.

"Here you go, Chaewon."

"And one for you, too, Yiseul."

Hanbin handed each of them a plate of a slice of chocolate cake.

"Thanks and happy birthday, Hanbin."

"Welcome and thanks for coming, Yiseul, Chaewon."

"Welcome."

Both grabbed their slices, happily. As they turned too quickly to leave the table for the others to get theirs, they each ended up running into someone after leaving the throng of bodies, causing the cake to smear theirs and the other persons' clothing once they thought they got through from running into other people.

"I am so sorry." The two apologized with a slight bow, not looking at the people they had ran into as they calmly told them it was also their fault for not looking either.

The cousins' brows furrowed upon recognizing the voices and glanced up to see Jake and Sunghoon.

"Hi." They awkwardly greeted the two males.

"Hi."

Both Jake and Sunghoon flashed them a sweet smile despite what had happened as the cousins remembered their situation.

"We're so sorry about your clothes."

"It's okay. We're just sorry about yours."

The female duo stared down at their zip-up hoodies. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was like a small stain, they could deal with that, but it was large and noticeable.

"Right."

They both sighed and look at one another.

"Maybe we could ask the others for theirs for the time being."

"Come with us." Jake told them as Melanie gave him a weird look.

"Huh? Why?"

"Don't worry about it. Just come." Sunghoon assured the pair although Linna still seemed skeptical.

"We don't know though."

"You'll be fine." Both males reassured them.

Before the cousins could counter their reassurances, both Jake and Sunghoon flashed them another smile, grabbed Melanie and Linna's hands, respectively, and led them inside the house to which where they also lived. Meanwhile, Kierra and Serena returned outside a minute later, but didn't see their sisters after walking around a bit. They figured they went to sit around the fire-pit, but didn't find them there.

"You message them." Serena told Kierra as the latter looked at her.

"Why can't you message them?"

"Because you were already gonna grab your phone before me."

"True."

The two shared a laugh as Kierra pulled out her phone to messaged their sisters in their personal group chat.

"Alright done." 

Kierra put her phone back into her hoodie pocket as she shared a look with her cousin.

"So, what do we do now?"

"Um," Serena began, but didn't finished as she felt an arm wrapped around her shoulders.

The same person did the same thing to Kierra.

"Ugh, Yeonjun." Serena groaned as Kierra eyed him.

"What do you want?"

Yeonjun grinned mischievously.

"Besides your love, one of you have to be my partner this time."

"Ew." The cousins responded as Serena slightly glared at him.

"And why should we play with you?"

"Because I need a partner and I wanna play. So, let's go."

Yeonjun dragged them towards a beer pong table where it turned out that Jay and Heeseeung happened to be their opponents. The two watched the trio, curiously.

"Are y'all playing against us?" Heeseung asked, amusingly.

"For now." The cousins responded as Yeonjun pulled them close to him than they already were.

"Of course they will. They love me."

Both Serena and Kierra elbowed him.

"Nevermind. I changed my mind."

"I don't wanna play anymore."

Yeonjun endured the slight pain as his arms remained around his friends while letting out a laugh.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. It was a joke."

"Sure."

Serena looked over at the other two.

"How about one of y'all be his partner while Yiyeon and I look for another person to be yours?"

"Anyway, c'mon, just play with me."

"I'll think about it."

The two cousins shared a laugh as Yeonjun rolled his eyes while Heeseung and Jay smiled.

"I'll play with Yeonjun." Jay offered with a raised hand.

Yeonjun looked over at him.

"No way. You and Heeseung are a great team. Besides," He focused his eyes onto the two beside him, "I rather play with these two instead."

Jay pouted as Heeseung laughed at his friend's rejection.

"C'mon, Chaejin, Yiyeon, be my partner and play one game with me."

The cousins looked at him with a grin.

"Fine, but you owe us two outings of bubble tea and snacks."

"Yes, ma'am." He agreed, knowing that was all that he needed to do.

Yeonjun faced his other two friends.

"Okay, we're a team of three. Just count these two as one because they'll alternate. That should be fine with you guys, yeah?"

Jay and Heeseung shot a glance at one another with a nod and shrug as they didn't mind and were okay with it.

"Alright, Yiyeon and I will play with you two to see who goes first."

Serena removed Yeonjun's arm from around as Kierra did the same. Yeonjun stepped off to the side, watched them to the let them get settled and do their own thing. The two teams decided who would make the first shot by playing rock-paper-scissors. It was a two out of three win as they played three games with Serena losing to Heeseung the first time. In the second game, Jay lost to

Please log in to read the full chapter