028; boys boys boys

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

For the next few days, the quartet just went about their normal life, just lazying around and relaxing in their brothers' home. Honestly, they spent it just by themselves, not interfering in the others' lives unless it was to call the other over to eat. The four were just happy to get a day without any other interactions from outside factors such as their brothers, cousins, and family friends. Still, the quartet would respond to their friends back in Seoul every now and then, not really wanting to explain to them about the other men in their lives. However, she didn't plan on updating 'him' about what she was doing unless he asked, but every now and then she caught herself thinking about him more often than she liked and feeling like the distance was a tad too much. Especially for Linna when she re-discovered Sunghoon's letter.

"Oh, . I forgot about this."

Linna picked up the envelope that fluttered out of her bag after she went through it to exchange for another one. Her name was written on the front as she stared at it a little longer, wondering why Sunghoon gave her one. So many thoughts flew around in her head, but the only way she would find out was to actually opened it. She sat on her bed, took a few breaths, and steadily opened the letter.

"No way."

Upon reading it, Linna realized where her last letter for Sunghoon had ended up. The day of Sunoo's surprise party, Linna planned on giving Sunghoon her final love letter that night, confessing her feelings. However, the letter was misplaced and Linna could not find it no matter where she looked or had asked her sister and cousins about it. She assumed Sujin or Woojoo may have taken it to , bu no such thing happened. Her fear was one of the seven finding it and giving it to Sunghoon, but that didn't happen either.

"He had it the whole time."

It seemed that Sunghoon found the letter with his name on it., lying on the floor when he and the others arrived that late morning to Sunoo's house. Sunghoon kept it, thinking it was something else before reading the contents when he got home and before Linna actually left for home. He discovered that Linna always had feelings for him since high school and so Sunghoon decided to respond to Linna's feelings for him by giving her a letter of his own.

". He likes me, too?"

Linna stood up, glanced at the letter, paced back and forth in her room, stopped, stared around her before settling her eyes on Sunghoon's letter.

"For real?"

She ran a hand through her hair before glancing at the wall where Kierra's bedroom was.

"Do I tell her first? Call a meeting to tell her and the other? Do I keep this to myself?"

She folded the letter and threw it on her bed.

"Maybe it's all a dream and Sunghoon doesn't like me back." Linna reasoned.

"Yeah, yeah. That's what's up. Sunghoon doesn't like me at all and my brain is just missing him and creating for me to be delusional. Yeah, that's it."

Linna nodded as she took a few steps away, convincing herself otherwise until she bumped into her dresser. Linna hissed from the pain, rubbing her backside as her eyes shifted to the letter onto her bed.

"ing ."

Linna ran a hand through her hair, letting out a breath.

"What I am supposed to do now?"

Linna didn't have time to process her current situation when her mom knocked on her door.

"Linna?"

"Hmm?"

Linna went to opened the door.

"Can you, your sister, and your cousins go buy me and their mom some meat and vegetables at the store?"

Linna's brows furrwowed.

"Why? I thought the boys were gonna buy it?"

"They have side job today with your uncle."

"Oh, okay. I'll message Melanie."

"Okay. My sister and I are going to make satay and som tam for fourth of July."

"Okay, okay."

"Make sure to get a lot of corn, too."

"Why?" Linna questioned, even though she knew how much her mom and her aunt love eating it.

"The baby loves it."

"Oh, yeah, yeah. I will."

Her mother walked away as Linna closed her door and sat at her computer desk. The baby in this reference was Charlie's daughter, Lia, with his baby mama as the two had a complicated relationship of sorts. Anyway, despite being named Lia, everyone just refers her to her nickname, Baby. Anyway, Linna received a call from Melanie about having to go grocery shopping.

"Serena says to be ready in like half an hour and we'll come pick you and Kierra up." Melanie told Linna over the phone.

"Okay. I'll let Kierra know."

"Cool. See you soon."

"See ya."

"Ooh, what a development." Serena commented with a giggle as she and the other three were dining at Motto Tea Cafe after grocery shopping in the early evening.

"Now it's the Female Lead's turn to being pursued."

Melanie and Kierra giggled as Linna groaned.

"Stop. Don't make it out to be some K-Drama, Serena."

"It's kinda true though."

Melanie had to agree with her sister.

"Like, c'mon. Sunghoon ended up with your last letter in the end, finding out it was you this whole time that's been writing him the love letters back in March. Now he's confessed to liking you, too. So, all that's really left to do is whether or not to make it official and real."

"Melanie's right, Linna." Kierra chimed in after taking a bite of her souffle pancake.

"Out of the four of us, only you and Sunghoon have a love connection towards one another."

Linna eyed her sister with a scoff.

"Not even, Kierra. Don't forget that Jay confessed to liking you, too, not that long ago."

"Yeah, but we're not talking about me. We're talking about you, Linna."

"Okay, then let's take a break from you, Linna, and moved on to Kierra instead." Serena interjecting, switching targets.

"Do you or do you not want a love connection with Jay, Kierra?"

Kierra opened to denied wanting a love connection with Jay, but nothing came out, and she closed it a second later with a scowled. The other three cocked a brow, intrigued about Kierra's choice.

"So, you do want a love connection with Jay?" Serena probed, knowing as Kierra shrugged, remaining nonchalant about it.

"And if I do?"

"Then go for it." Serena reasoned.

"Yeah, Kierra, just go for it." Melanie chimed in.

"I mean, you and Jay held hands during Sunoo's birthday that night and the way he hugged you before we left, you didn't mind it at all."

"True, but it's not like you weren't the same way with Jake either when he hugged you before we left, too, Melanie." Kierra countered, not wanting the focus to be on her any longer.

"I overheard him telling you to return back to him safely."

"Yeah, but he could've said that out of friendliness." Melanie reasoned, brushing off the possible intimate meaning it could hold.

"Who doesn't tell their friends and family to have a safe trip and to come back safely, too, hmm?"

Serena interjected herself into the conversation again.

"Okay, Kierra, we're taking a break on you and now moving onto Melanie."

She gave her sister a playful look.

"Lots of people do and don't say certain things, but Jake is a whole different person that's not just a regular person to you though. He's an exception."

Melanie eyed her sister.

"Are you sure you shouldn't be majoring in psychology instead of creative writing, Serena?"

Serena chuckled while taking a sip of her pineapple oolong tea.

"Yeah, I get that a lot."

"I wondered why." Kierra remarked with a roll of her eyes in good-nature.

Serena smiled, but continued speaking.

"But anyway, I mean, isn't it good to just talk about all our situationships though? I feel like it would really help us all out."

The other three seemed hesistant in doing so. Serena looked between her sister and cousins for a moment before speaking again.

"Like, a lot happened since winter holiday to now if you think about it. I don't think any of us actually processed the things that occured overtime and so never really talked about it to an extent of sort so I think it would be good to do so now that we have the time for it."

The trio remained reserved and so Serena took the initiative with a deep sigh.

"Alright, like me and Heeseung. I think I have feelings for him and he might have some for me, but I have no idea as we haven't really crossed that topic."

"So, ask him then." The trio reasoned as Serena laughed.

"I was getting there, but like, I mean, I want to ask him, but the timing is never right. Anyway, however our interactions is usually just cordial and friendly, but I always find myself feeling differently when I'm around him though."

"Okay then. Ask him anyway to make it clear." Melanie insisted as Kierra nodded.

"Yeah, tell him you like him and see what he responds with."

"Then when Heeseung replies back and you let us know, then I'll go through with that love connection with Sunghoon." Linna reasoned as Serena chuckled.

"Wow. So, y'all want me to settled my situationship first before y'all do?"

"Mmhmm." They hummed in unison as Serena laughed again.

"It's funny that y'all had such boy problems in the beginning while I was just chilling."

"Serves you right."

"That's how karma works."

"Totally your own fault."

The trio responded with a laugh as Serena nodded, understanding.

"Yeah, Yeah, but dang, can't believe the roles have been reversed."

Serena shook her head before thinking of something better for all of them.

"Actually, let's do this instead."

She looked from one to the other to the other.

"We do as we do that best fits us with a little encouragement."

Serena pointed first at Linna.

"We all agree that Linna will either decline or accept Sunghoon's confession to settle her mind at ease if the relationship will finally work itself out or not."

Serena then pointed at Melanie.

"Melanie can determined if the blooming feelings she grew for Jake this past school year is something she truly wants to officially pursue with him for real or not."

Serena fixed her eyes onto Kierra.

Please log in to read the full chapter