Minwon: I’m Here

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

------------------

By the time they reached their home, Wonwoo was dead exhausted. He dozed off on Mingyu's shoulder the whole ride and he didn't even realize how they got home so quickly. Mingyu couldn't help but to notice that Wonwoo was in no condition to argue with anyone about anything. When he guided him through the hallways, Wonwoo wabbled his way from the van to the house holding into Mingyu tightly. S.Coups came to their side and forced an extra hand around Wonwoo's waist helping him to walk properly.
 

The leader looked up at Mingyu worried "He's burning up, I can feel his temperature against me" he mumbled and Mingyu nodded "I know" he said gently guiding Wonwoo upstairs. At this point, Wonwoo's mind was foggy, his head was throbbing with the worst headache ever, he regretted the fact that he dozed off for a while, maybe he should've stayed awake until they reached home, and on the other hand, his temperature was rising unexpectedly.
 

Waves of heat were consuming Wonwoo's body, he could feel his cheeks already burning and sweat forming on his forehead. He clutched into Mingyu, he was always safe with Mingyu, he trusted him the most, Mingyu will take him home and keep him safe. He tried to walk straight, even with a second hand wrapped around his waist now, he tried his best not to fall until they got home at least, and the moment his head hit his pillow, Wonwoo heaved a deep sigh he didn't know he was holding. He curled himself like a fetus and wrapped his hands around his stomach again and breathed in and out profoundly.

Mingyu and S.Coups kneeled next to him, Mingyu told Coups what happened last night and that he was afraid that the same scenario was about to happen again so they quickly brought the metal trash bin closer "I'm here" Mingyu whispered, he knew that Wonwoo heared him but wasn't willing to open his eyes or make a move "If you need to throw up just do it, it's better if you do, I'll get you some medicine" Mingyu said before he disappeared for few minutes. Next thing Wonwoo felt, was a cold hand against his forehead and neck he shifted a little under the touch and he could hear Mingyu's voice asking him to sit up and take his pills and he quietly did before flopping back to his bed almost immediately and fell into deep slumber. 

The boys took turns to shower, Mingyu pushed himself last, he didn't want to leave Wonwoo alone for so long, he's the only one who knew what's wrong and knew which medicines Wonwoo was on, he waited until the others were done then he quickly went and washed up. When he came back, Wonwoo was still lying motionless on his bed but he was awake, his hands wrapped tightly on his belly again. Mingyu approached "Does it still hurt?" Wonwoo nodded weakly, his head was spinning rounds and rounds "You're having a fever too" Mingyu touched Wonwoo's cheeks again, still burning hot he thought, then he passed Wonwoo a cold glass of water. To his surprise, Wonwoo rejected it and sat up uncomfortably on his bed. Mingus knew exactly where this was going so he quickly grabbed the metal trash bin and brought it close to Wonwoo.

 Wonwoo heaved into the bin so bad that made Mingyu's heart shutter, the boy had almost nothing in his stomach, and yet he was about to vomit his heart out, Mingyu was worried, he passed a soothing hand on Wonwoo's back. When Wonwoo was done, Mingyu took away the bin and took a look at Wonwoo's face and he didn't like the expressions his was making, pale and shivering pressing into his abdomen so tightly.
 

Mingyu hurried to unfold Wonwoo's hand away from his upset stomach and get a closer look but Wonwoo wouldn't let him and that's when Mingyu realized that this wasn't just an upset stomach, Wonwoo was in so much pain for an upset stomach. The older groaned before he let his head fall against Mingyu who immediately embraced him but Wonwoo's pain didn't go away it was getting worse and he started to muffle suppressed screams against Mingyu's chest. At this point Mingyu needed help so he called in for S.Coups, the leader came in hurrying into the room and seeing what the situation was, he immediately left to call their manager and maybe an ambulance too.

Mingyu couldn't move as he was embracing Wonwoo, whenever he tried to push the older back to his bed, Wonwoo's suppressed screams were not so suppressed anymore. Wonwoo was drenched in sweat, shivering and feverish, his breaths hitching and grip holding into Mingyu as if the younger was going to disappear forever and Mingyu felt helpless, he had no idea what was going on with Wonwoo. He was afraid that he might have broken him, he just stood there holding him for what seemed to be ages.

S.Coups was running in and out, Jeonghan, Jun, Hoshi, Josh, Woozi, all of them panicking not knowing what to do. Woozi was kneeling down trying to get a view of Wonwoo's face that was buried into Mingyu and trying to talk to him but nothing was working.

Minutes later, they could finally hear their manager rushing in with the paramedics and they had an ambulance downstairs on stand by.

The doctors were asking all types of questions, they knew that Wonwoo wasn't able to answer so the others had to answer for him and by others they meant Mingyu, he was there the most, names of medicines he was taking recently, how many times did he throw up, when did his it all start and so much more and before they know it, the doctor yelled "He needs to go into surgery today ... now" he said before the two other paramedics started preparing Wownoo to be taken away leaving the boys in a state of shock "W-what? why?"

"His appendix," the doctor said "He needs to go to surgery before it bursts, the symptoms match his condition and it doesn't look good" the doctor urgently continued. Everything happened so fast, Mingyu was pushed away and Wonwoo was totally out of it, breaths so shallow and arms falling limp by his sides. He watched as they took him away not being able to do anything, the house was a mess, Wonwoow was rushed to ICU. They had to move quickly, they were not ready for this neither did Wonwoo but he wasn't aware of anything to say no.
 

S.Coups rushed out with him, Jeonghan too but Mingyu was frozen. His feet were pinned to the floor, looking around frantically as they put Wonwoo on a stretcher and simply took him away. Noticing the state of shock Mingyu was in, Hoshi came by his side, all serious mode, he put an arm around Mingyu's waist and gently pushed him to start walking "Come on Gyu don't do this we need you" Hoshi said basically dragging Mingyu out following S.Coups, Jeonghan and the Manager outside to the ambulance that was waiting downstairs. Mingyu felt like time has just stopped, he was pulled in closer by Jeonghan, Hoshi was no longer around him and the next thing he he knew, he was in the back seat of their van following the ambulance straight to the hospital. He uttered no words, Jeonghan was there, and as far as he knew S. Coups was with Wonwoo, but he should have been with Wonwoo why wasn't he there? he looked down at his hands only to find himself shaking, is he scared, confused, worried? Maybe all of the above

He just wanted to see Wonwoo again and make sure he was alright.