Minwon: A Thank you

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

------------------

Falling asleep was a bit of a hustle that night but having Mingyu by his side was relieving. Wonwoo opened his eyes around 7:30 am, still sleepy but the discomfort was back and he had to wake up. Sitting up slowly, he looked at the other side of the couch looking for no one other than Mingyu, the boy was still sleeping soundly, Wonwoo smiled to himself and looked down at his lap where he was uncomfortably playing with his own fingers, he felt empty all of a sudden, what's with the mood swing? he asked himself but he already knew the answer, he felt bad for Mingyu, for himself, for the rest of the team, he felt bad for being so sick, so shy and so ashamed to approach any of them. 

Wonwoo was always a bit distant, he's calm and has his own ways to express himself, but he knew that no matter what's happening with him, he could always approach s but he still finds it difficult to reach out to them, why does he have to be like this? his personality is a bit off but he wants to be better, he kept thinking to himself all those times he rejected his friends, all the times he didn't want to hold their hands or hug them tightly. He looked up again, all those times Mingyu was there for him, all those times the others told him that the younger adored him but he didn't care much for it, all those times when he chose to sit far away from him, he felt bad that he couldn't express himself better, that he couldn't say I love you or I miss you often. Now, looking at the younger who sacrificed his own sleep and comfort to just be with him and help him through the pain. Wonwoo clutched the fabric around his abdomen again, his stomach twisted, he should have told Mingyu sooner about his sufferings, he should have told someone but he couldn't deal with the fact that it might ruin their work, so he kept it to himself. 

His stomach twisted again, Wonwoo sighed, he feels stressed out, maybe because he was overthinking and maybe because he hadn't eaten anything since yesterday, maybe it's both. He slowly left the couch, gently folding back the small blanket Mingyu covered him with last night and walked to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, he found some fruits and yogurts, they weren't his for sure and he didn't know to whom they belonged to so he made a self-reminder to ask around later and apologize for taking them without asking, not that they will mind or anything, but it's always good to ask before you use something that's not yours here, it was a form of respect their shared among each other.

Wonwoo slowly ate what he could and felt a little better, he went back to the living room and found the pills tablet Mingyu brought yesterday on the table for his upset stomach and he popped a couple then he laid back down closed his eyes for some time before his bandmates started waking up somewhere around 9 am. The moment Mingyu woke up, he went to check on Wonwoo who was starting to get ready "Feeling any better?" he asked and Wonwoo nodded with a smile "I'm good don't worry" 

Wonwoo didn't lie, he did feel much better so when the others started asking questions, Mingyu told them that Wonwoo had an upset stomach last night and that was it. On their way to practice today, Wonwoo was on the 2nd van and not with Mingyu, the ride felt longer, for some reason he just wanted to thank him and stay close to him for the rest of the day, Mingyu made him feel safe but he had to wait until they reached but as soon as they got there, work started, music pumping through the walls of the training room and Wownoo couldn't find the right time to approach the younger. 

It has been a few hours now, Seventeen were practicing hard leaving their passion on the floor as they moved and tried different choreographies and everything was going great. Wonwoo was following just fine, but it was only a few minutes ago when he started getting tired. He took a few steps back from the dance floor and leaned to the wall for a short break, breathing quickly, panting after so much time spent practicing, nothing was unusual until about an hour later. A huge thud was heard that caught everyone's attention. When they turned to the source, Wonwoo was on the floor, down on his knees trying to get up again. Mingyu rushed to his side, so did S.Coups, Hoshi, and Jeonghan, the others watched carefully from behind not wanting to crowd the boy "Are you okay? what happened?" Hoshi asked the second he got to Wonwoo's side "I felt a bit dizzy and next thing ... I ... I'm sorry" he said feeling rather sad and disappointed in himself 

"There's nothing to be sorry about," S.Coups said helping him to stand up "It's okay just take some rest we are going home shortly anyways" Wonwoo nodded and went to sit on the black leather couch at the end of the room. Mingyu kneeled down next to him "Is it your stomach again ?" he asked 

"No, I mean it hurts a little but no, I don't think so" he answered, Mingyu was about to leave when Wonwoo finally got  the chance he was looking for, he grabbed the younger's arm, Mingyu turned back "I just wanted to say thank you for last night" Mingyu grinned "You don't have to, I'm sure you would have done the same thing for me"  

Wonwoo rested for some time and found himself dozing off on the couch, a feeling of terrible dizziness came over him and he felt like he floating but when Dino came into his vision asking him to wake up so that they can go home, Wonwoo got his senses of reality back together and woke up, but something wasn't feeling right. His stomach twisted and he could feel the heat radiating from his body consuming him entirely and responding to Dino was almost mission impossible at the moment, luckily when the boy didn't answer, Dino took the sign and quickly called his brothers for help 

S.Coups was worried, Wonwoo seemed to be out of his usual self "Are you hurt what's the matter?" he asked again but Wonwoo wasn't giving him the answers he needed, he was aimlessly looking around himself as if he was looking for something, or someone, meanwhile his fists tightened around the fabric around his stomach again when Mingyu finally approached, Wonwoo didn't hesitate to extend his hand directly to him asking him to hold it tightly. Mingyu took the sign and held Wonwoo's hand as he kneeled down facing him "What's wrong?" Mingyu asked examining the older's face "Dizzy?" Wonwoo nodded weakly "Your stomach is hurting again?" and Wonwoo nodded one more time "Do you think you need to throw up?" Wonwoo shook his head "Okay, can you stay awake until we get home?" Wonwoo nodded "Okay, let's go" Mingyu announced helping Wonwoo to slowly stand up and walked to their van outside. Wonwoo leaned into Mingyu for support and they both got into the van along sides their members. 

During the ride, Mingyu could feel the heat that was radiating from the older, and as the car moved, Mingyu gave signs to their leader. Wonwoo was resting his head on Mingyu's shoulder, his eyes closed just resting for the time being before they could get home, his hand locked with Mingyu's and they were cold as snow. Mingyu could feel Wonwoo's body was on fire but why his hands were too cold?