Blur

This life of mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook didn't know what to feel after their argument. He should feel relieved that Jihyo somehow showed a glimpse of what she really felt but he realized he took a wrong approach. Even though her words conveyed nothing but anger, he didn't fail to notice her eyes telling the opposite. He was frustrated as hell when he realized he failed to help her.

 

 


When he went back down he saw the members are packing up to go home now. He, Jaeseok, and Jihyo were the only ones sober enough to walk straight. Jaeseok was surprised to see Jihyo drink a lot after she came back from the rooftop. Although he knew that she is a strong drinker, she never really goes all out these days. The last time he saw Jihyo drank silly with them was maybe years ago, so to say that he was surprised would be an understatement. 

 

 

They were now preparing to leave when Jongkook came in, he saw that his eyes were only focused on Jihyo, so he tried to put two together and figured that there must be something going on. He ignored it for now and just focused on his drunkard friends. 

 

" I'll take this Ajussi, Somin, and Sechan. Can you guys take Donghoon? "

 

Jeaseok asked them while trying to stop Seokjin from drinking again.

 

"Of course Oppa, but we will probably take a cab since I sent my manager home now. "

 

Jihyo answered while helping Somin clean up. When Somin started throwing tantrums saying she wants to go with her Jihyo Eonnie while clinging onto her arms.
Jihyo just agreed as she saw Somin about to cry. When Jongkook spoke up making Jihyo look at him.


" I'll give you three a ride "


Jongkook was just staring at Jihyo hoping to meet her eyes but she avoided his gaze. She heard Jaeseok saying his goodbyes but didn't really understand anything.

 

" No, It's fine. They will probably just sleep the whole ride so it'll be easy for me.

 

Jihyo just focused on waking up Haha and sobering Somin up while she answered him in a cold voice.

 

 

Jongkook felt dejected hearing her, but he swallowed his pride. He can't let her go home all by herself, especially with two of their drunk friends.

 

" It's not an offer. "

 

He said in a stern voice while getting Haha off her hands and helping him up. He tried to put up a strong front but deep inside he's anxious that Jihyo will still refuse and as usual he won't be able to say no to her.

 

 

Hearing his stern voice made her look to her side where he is. It sent chills down her spine, and she couldn't bring herself to refuse his help, after all, she didn't know how to handle these two all by herself. She flinched when he turned to look at her, she expected to see his infamous glare but instead, she saw a soft glint in his eyes while he tilted his head, which seemed like him asking for her confirmation. She felt like she'll be set on fire if she kept on staring, so she just nodded and looked away.

 

 


She was seated in between Haha and Somin in the backseat. Somin was lying on her lap while Haha tried to keep his head steady but still ended up on Jihyo's shoulders.  They all sat there in silence while Jihyo was checking her emails and proofread some files given to her that she didn't notice they arrived at Somin's place. She went up with Somin, leaving Jongkook in the car to watch Haha. After she helped Somin wash up and made sure she was comfortable, she left some painkillers and some water on her bedside table and she went down.

 

 


She opened the back door only to find Haha taking up all the space leaving her no choice but to seat in the front. Somin may have saved her earlier from the awkwardness by pulling Jihyo inside with her in the backseat, but she can't escape now. She didn't have the energy to move Haha aside so she just swallowed her pride and sat in the passenger seat quietly. To her surprise, it wasn't awkward at all, or maybe it was, but she just can't feel it, anyways even if it was, she was glad she couldn't grasp that atmosphere right now. She was about to check on her phone again but decided against it when she felt dizzy from the alcohol and using her phone too much and just resorted to looking outside, she was glad that she did when she saw the city lights, she didn't realize how tense she was all throughout the night not until she relieved a sigh after seeing colors of lights flash her eyes.

 

 

 

They were silent the whole ride, Jongkook was warry of Jihyo. He was afraid of what will happen if he can't talk to her anymore, but it seemed like he was the only one thinking like that as Jihyo just kept her face reserved that he couldn't seem to read her and it scared him. He decided to take a break from glancing at her and just focused on driving when he realized he was basically moving on autopilot and was snapped back to reality when he heard her sigh. He took a glance and visibly saw her take her guard down as she slowly close her eyes. He was in disbelief realizing how much power she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter