Confrontation

This life of mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything happened so fast that it felt like a blur. The last thing Jihyo remembered was when she arrived at the hospital and saw her father crying beside the hospital bed, her mother was now covered with a blanket and she couldn't move, It was like the blood in her legs disappeared. She was only able to move when her siblings arrived. 

 

 

The next thing she knew she was now standing and greeting the visitors together with her father. Her father sent the twins earlier to rest because the two couldn't stop crying they just decided to take turns later. She was in a daze the whole time, she doesn't even know who are the ones in front of her and just continued to respond to their condolences, thankfully she can still break a little smile to express her gratitude together with her father but then as she expected her father also couldn't take it anymore. She called her siblings to take their father to rest because he almost fainted earlier.

 

 


The visitors lessened and she was now alone, together with her mother. She decided to look at her mother's picture and realized that It was her first time looking at it. She took time to memorize her mother's face.

 


" You look so beautiful Eomma "

 


She felt stupid for wishing that she will reply but let her be stupid if it would mean that she would hear her voice again, she didn't even get to say goodbye.
 She felt something heavy was suddenly dropped in her chest. It all felt too real and the numbness she felt all this time was slowly vanishing, tears pooling in her eyes but she willed herself not to cry.  She can't just break down when her dad and siblings are going through so much right now, she needs to be there for them. She needed to be strong for her family, she can't let them spiral down.

 

 

Just when she calmed down more visitors came so she stood not looking at them, she bowed to thank them for their condolences when someone said her name. She looked up and saw all the members in front of her. 
Somin was the first to move and gave her a hug. And the others followed.

 


" Eonnie "

 


 She then realized that she didn't get to inform them about her mother's passing, heck they didn't know she was sick in the first place.

 


" I'm sorry I didn't get to inform you guys personally, but how did you guys know? "

 

" In case you don't remember, you kinda left the last shooting in a panicked state, so we were worried and asked your manager to update us. Unfortunately, this is the news we received. We're really sorry for your loss Jihyo "

 

SeokJin explained and she remembered that she may not attend the next filming.

 


" Don't worry about that Jihyo, we postponed it so you can take your time okay? "

 


Jaesuk reassured her but she felt like a burden.

 


" No, you don't need to do that Oppa, If we do that what are we supposed to tell them as our excuse? I don't really want to let everyone know about what happened, It will surely bring some reporters here, and my family is going through so much right now. I don't want to add to their suffering.
 Also, our crew would have a hard time rescheduling. "

 


Everyone looked at her pitifully, they thought that even after everything that happened, she still thinks about everyone except for her. They too felt confused when they received the news, they didn't even know that Jihyo's mother was sick.

 


" Noona can you think about yourself for a minute? "

 

Kwangsoo spoke up, out of all the members he and Jongkook were always the brave ones to be blunt to her.
She stayed silent, she didn't have the energy to respond to him.

 

"Don't worry Jihyo. You would still need some excuse if you missed the filming, It's basically the same. So just use this time to rest okay? "

 


Jae Seok was the one who reassured her, and she nodded slightly.

 


" Jihyo we're here, okay. If you ever need someone to talk to we're always here to hear you out. "

 


Haha comforted her, and she saw him slightly tear up when he hugged her. The others also joined them, and she couldn't feel more thankful for their presence right now.

 

 

 

 

 

Weeks passed, It was nearing the end of the month. She often felt overwhelmed and lost but chose to pretend that she was fine or else everyone would make a fuss.

 

 


 She is thankful for them but she's sick of seeing the pitiful eyes that they have whenever she showed the slightest hint of sadness. She hated it, she wasn't used to everyone thinking of her as a fragile little thing that would easily break. So she did everything she could to show that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter