The call

This life of mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" This can't keep up. It's been going on for months, and they will just keep on breaking their promises. "


 
She was in a meeting with her legal team to discuss their current lawsuit against her former agency.

 

" I know, I know. But we did everything we could at the moment, you just need to be patient and wait for the right time to release our card, and for sure this will end "

 

Jihyo took a moment to look at everyone and only a blind person wouldn't see the stress and frustration on their faces. 

 

" Okay, now that's settled for today. Why don't we go out to eat,  It's my treat. "

 

 Her team lightened up with this, changing the heavy atmosphere. She felt bad for putting them through this, so she treated them to dinner and bought them gifts. It's the least she can do to express her gratitude. But their lunch ended a bit early as they each had places to be.

 

" Eonnie, where to? "
 


" Hospital "


Jihyo replied mindlessly to Bomi

 

" What? Why are you hurt? "

 

Jihyo saw her manager's shocked expression and realized she didn't know about her mom. She doesn't feel like telling people, so she just didn't mention anything to anyone. She just explained that she was visiting someone and that she can go home after.

 

Although Bomi did not buy her excuse as she took a beat before she answered, she chose to let it slide and just ask her about it some other time.

 

 

 

 


------------
Time really does fly by. It was one and a half months ago when she learned the awful news about her mother. Her family seemed to accept the cruel fact but she just couldn't, she chose to ignore them every time they talk about their mom's sickness. But still spent every day beside her family knowing they needed support.

 

Jihyo didn't realize she reached their meeting place up the mountain. She couldn't join them on their road trip and just followed later because of her meeting, she's glad things are going smooth now with her agency as the sneaky and suspicious things they did started showing up now. 

 

" Hey! It's my turn, I waited for hours just for Appa to come out of the bathroom, and you just - ha Wow! "

 

She heard Seongkyung shout and figured the twins were bickering again and assumed that her sister have Seongmoon's hair in her hands now.

 

"  Well I need it more than you so just go later. Why are you bothering me! "

 

" Yah! I'm older than you. You're supposed to obey me "

 

" Pft you just came out 3 minutes earlier "

 

" Exactly, that's why I'm older than you, so move you little idio- "

 

" Hey! Hey! Watch your mouth "


Jihyo stepped in to stop them from going too far and just to make them shut their mouth.

 

" Eonnie, Seongmoon is not being fair "

 

Jihyo just laughed as they looked really childish right now


" You know there's another bathroom just beside the next post. It's also much nicer "

 

The twins then raced to go there.

 
" Is there really another bathroom SeongIm? "

 

Jihyo just laughed and told her father that there was none. The bathroom she talked about was down the hill. His father then joined her in laughing.

 

" Gosh what should I do with you three, I should have just given you to someone else when you were kids. You never grow up"

 

Her mother came out shaking her head while holding the food they were about to cook. Ranting about how she couldn't catch a break since the morning because of the noise caused by the twins and their father.


While her father helped her mom with the food.

 

" Hey! Why am I included? I didn't do anything, I even helped you out "


 
Her Father defended himself but Immediately ran away as her mother was about to hit him saying that he only made it worse by giving the kids new topics to argue about.

 

" It's not my fault that Seong Im wasn't with us to stop them you know "

 

Her mother just sighed and agreed
" Right, If you just didn't spoil that two then they wouldn't just listen to you only "

 

" Well, the two surely got their sister's stubbornness and immature personality. "

 


Jihyo can't believe how the tables have turned. They were now ganging up on her. She whined but her parents just ignored her.

 

" Tsk you love us anyways "
She gave up and just helped her parents prepare the food.

 


For the past few days, they have been moving from one place to another. They went to their hometown, some beaches, and another country. They're not naive, they know why but chose to look at the bright side and just enjoy their time together. To end their journey her mother requested that they stay at their rest house in Tongyeong with an ocean view. 

 

" Woah! Why does it feel like so many things changed? "

 

" Right? Appa did you renovate the house? "

 

Their father just laughed at his daughters, it seems like their memory was now blurry.

 

" No I didn't change anything, I guess It's just been a long time since you last went here. "


  
They continued to fix their things and by the time they wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter