Chapter 5

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed, and Rosie found herself at a crossroads. She couldn’t shake off the feeling of guilt. She wanted to make things right.

 

She knew this was a risk. She understood that her persistence could be interpreted as intrusive or unwelcome, but something in her heart told her to keep trying. Or, at least, to fix what she had done wrong.

 

So with each new day, she continued to leave notes. But this time, she was more cautious.

 

Each morning, as the sun’s golden rays filtered through the hospital room, Jennie would wake up to find a new note waiting for her.

 

“I’m sincerely sorry about the other day. Is there any way that I can make it up to you? – Rosie”

 

Jennie remained cold and distant, choosing to ignore the note as she had done with the others.

 

She stared at the message for a moment, her expression unchanged. The note held no power to sway her resolve, as she remained locked within the confines of her own guarded world.

 

The next morning, Rosie, still persistent, composed her next note with a glimmer of hope in her heart. She carefully penned her words, seeking to bridge the gap that had formed between them.

“Good morning! I hope you’re doing alright. I understand if you’re still upset, but please know that it was never my intention to intrude. I was just hoping to make friends. I’m sorry. – Rosie”

 

Jennie’s gaze fell upon the note left by Roseanne, her expression unchanged and icy. The words seemed to wash over her, leaving no trace of impact. She scoffed silently, dismissing the attempt to break through her defenses as nothing more than a nuisance.

 

“Hello again. I hope today brings you a moment of peace, even amidst the challenges. Take care :) – Rosie”

 

Roseanne’s words were gentle and unassuming, a simple message meant to convey warmth and genuine concern. She carefully crafted the note, mindful of the boundaries and the need to respect the patient next room’s space.

“Still receiving notes from Rosie?” the nurse bringing Jennie’s breakfast asked, her voice filled with a gentle warmth that contrasted with the sterile hospital room.

 

Jennie glanced up from her tray, her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter