Chapter 18

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosie’s eyes widened with surprise as she discovered the breakfast tray accompanied by a teddy bear, the note held delicately in its little paws. Her heart skipped a beat as she read the words on the note, her fingers trembling slightly.

 

“A little friend to keep you company when I’m not around - Jennie.”

 

With a mix of gratitude and wistfulness, Rosie noticed that the breakfast tray also contained a small package of chocolates and a container of sweet potato and kimchi, the peculiar yet beloved food combination she had once passionately shared with Jennie. It touched her deeply, realizing that Jennie had paid attention to the little details she had shared with her.

 

Rosie’s gaze shifted from the note in her hands to the now empty room opposite hers. The room, once filled with Jennie’s presence, now stood vacant and silent. A pang of longing tugged at her heart as she recalled the days when Jennie had been just a glass barrier away.

 

Rosie stared into the empty room, as if hoping to catch a glimpse of the past. But all she saw was the reflection of her own longing eyes.

 

Rosie had grown accustomed to their nightly conversations, the comfort they found in each othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter