III - Goodbyes?

LOST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the five years that has passed, Moonbyul and her friends has now been living the live that they've always dreamt of. Moonbyul is working in one of South Korea's top IT company as an IT strategist, Seulgi quit her desk job 2 years ago and is now working as an environmental consultant. Wheein, also quit her desk job 3 years ago, owns a tattoo studio and her little shop is one of the go-to studio of some of South Korea's well known celebrities. Hwasa, on the other hand, quit about a month into her job and decided that she'd rather be her own boss and decided to open a nail salon with her sisters in downtown Seoul instead. All four are now living separately after the lease on their shared apartment ended about a year ago, however, they always make a time to meet once a week to catch up on their daily lives. Sometimes, they'll eat out or have a drinking session in one of their favorite bars, but most of the time, they'll hang out in each other's apartments, and right now, it was Moonbyul's apartment. They decided to have their food delivered since none of them were in the mood to cook, alcohol is no problem since all of them keep a fridge specifically for occassions like this.

"Man, I can't believe it has been five years since we graduated. Time flies so damn fast." Seulgi said as she was downing a shot of soju.

"Yeah, and I don't know, I feel like so much has changed but there are also things that I expect to change but didnt." Wheein said as she too down a shot.

"Like what? You being less?" Byul joked.

Hwasa almost choked on the chicken feet that she was wolfing down. Only Hwasa had a successful relationship among the four of them, the other three was unlucky to say the least. Seulgi and the girl that she was seeing a few years ago had a horrible break up after Seulgi discovered her cheating on her. The whole thing kind of soured Seulgi in to getting into a relationship, but right now she has a major crush in one of Byul's co-workers that she met during the latter's birthday. Wheein, on the other hand, have commitment issues. She enjoys the getting to know each other stage but once her partner starts getting too clingy, she loses her interest and breaks off. She said, she really doesn't mind being alone since she has Ggomo, which is a cat that she adopted from the animal shelter. Moonbyul, is a different case, countless men and women are throwing themselves at her, but she never really had any interest to date.

"I'd rather be less, than keep waiting for someone that has probably forgotten me." Wheein snapped back.

"Ouch, that's foul!" Byul made a sad face and held her heart as if in pain.

"No for real, Byul. Why can't you just throw yourself out there. Everytime we go out, I can see multiple women just looking at you. And please, do not tell me that you're still waiting for Solar, you should've asked for her number before. But then again, I guess, not everyone can have everything." Hwasa said.

"Look I just hope that she's somewhere out there alive and happy, you know. I mean, I don't like her or anything, I just want to see how she's been, that's all." Byul replied.

"Byul, cmon who are you kidding, you freaking liked her. Whenever it's that time of the year, we always see you all sad and gloomy and we know why. You're still waiting for her." Wheein told her friend. Byul couldn't formulate a reply to her friend. Did she liked Solar? Maybe.

"Look, it doesn't matter now. Byul's gonna leave soon anyway and I'm sure the change in scenery will help her." Hwasa said as she hugged Byul. "I can't believe you're leaving us."

"I'm not dying Hwasa!! And it's just for 2 years." Byul had a massive job offer from one of the tech companies in Silicon Valley. It was a tough decision since she really enjoyed working in the company that she's still working for right now, but ultimately, she accepted it. She had filed her resignation 3 weeks ago and next week, will be her final week at the company.

"Still, we're gonna miss you. We've always been together since we were kids, so not you being around, it's going to take a little bit of getting used to." Wheein said dramatically.

"Why are you guys making this a farewell party? I'm not leaving until August, we still have a full month to hang out and whatnot, oh and before I forget, you still owe me a free tattoo, Wheein."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll drew all of our faces on your thigh so you'll never forget us." her friend joked.

They spent the entire evening just chatting, drinking and eating. I'm really gonna miss these dorks. Byul thought.

-

"Hey Byul, Mr. Lee wants to see you in his office." Irene, the girl that Seulgi have a major crush on, told her.

"Okay, I'll go up there in a bit. I'm just finishing this up." she said.

Mr. Lee is their new CEO and Byul had only seen him once. He replaced the previous CEO about 6 months ago and they couldn't be more different from each other. Mr. Lee's approach on how he handles the company is very modernized compared to their previous CEO. Byul liked his style, and plus he's very generous to his employees too.

Byul rode the elevator up to the top floor where their CEO's office is located. As she got off the elevator, she was greeted by Chanmi, the new CEO's secretary and one of the girls that constantly flirts with her.

"Hi Byul, are you here to see me? Are you gonna give me a goodbye kiss?" Chanmi said.

"Unfortunately, no. Mr. Lee has asked for me." she replied.

"You're annoying Byul, why can't you just play along with me just this once?Anyway you can go in now since the CEO told me to let you in, but he's not alone though." Chanmi mumbled.

"Does he have a vistitor? Should I just wait?"

"No, you can just enter his office, maybe just knock first." Chanmi said as she waved Byul off to take a call.

Byul knocked in Mr. Lee's door twice and then he heard the CEO say, "Come in."

She opened the door to and bowed to greet Mr. Lee. Mr. Lee is probably a 2 or 3 years older than her. Men and women in the company were drooling over him when they first introduced him as CEO, but was q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter