[TW] II - The Lady in White

LOST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul has already been inside the forest for 30 minutes now, and she still have yet to see a glimpse of Wheein or Hwasa, let alone Seulgi's little hidden camp. She's getting a little anxious now, she's not worried about getting lost since she knows Seulgi will eventually find her, knowing that Seulgi knows this place better than anyone. However, she is scared of paranormal stuff and even though Seulgi assured her that there is none of that in here, she still tends to overthink and let her imagination run wild. She decided that she'll walk for another 20 minutes and if she still have yet to see any sign of the three, she'll blow the emergency whistle.

After 20 minutes or so, Byul knows that she is lost, she is 100% sure that she had walked past the big oak tree thrice already. She decided to blow the whistle, but before she can do that, she heard something or rather, someone crying. Her heart started beating fast and her head feels like it's going to explode. This is the thing that she's been most scared about. Sure, she's used to visiting the cemetery even at night but that is way more serene & peaceful than a forest. A part of her wants to run away while the other half of her is curious to see what a ghost looks like. She started walking towards the gingko tree that is behind the oak tree that she has walked past multiple times since that where she heard the crying sound.

The crying sound gets louder as she approached the tree, she peaked from behind and saw a woman dressed in all white with a long black hair, sitting on the root of the tree . She was mortified and couldn't move, she wanted to take a photo of this supernatural being as a proof just in case something bad happens to her. She was about to take a pull out her phone when the "ghost" suddenly stood and took what seems to be a rope and threw it over a thick branch. The ghost tried multiple times to throw over the rope to no avail.

", why can't I ing throw this over!" the ghost shouted

Byul couldn't stop herself from sniggering. Man, if all ghosts are like these, I shouldn't have been afraid all these time.They are clumsy  and have a potty mouth, she thought

The ghost suddenly turned around upon hearing Byul's laugh.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" the ghost shouted.

"Are you talking to me ghost?" Byul said.

"I'm not a ghost, you ." the ghost replied as she turned her back and tried throwing the rope on the the branch once again.

"That's something a ghost would say for sure." Byul said. Since she's lost, she might as well ask this ghost for the right direction. The ghost seemed fairly "normal", maybe some ghosts just have sense of humor. She decided to walk towards the ghost and ask her. As she drew nearer, she noticed that this ghost is quiet pretty, with round chubby cheeks that one would most definitely would want to squish.

"Hey, pretty ghost, do you know the way to the main campsite? As you can see, I'm lost" Byul asked.

The ghost sighed, "How many times do I have to tell you that I am not a ghost? And no, I don't know where the campsite is."

"Okay, well, why are you dressed in all white, crying in the middle of the goddamn forest?"

"It's a long story." the ghost replied. The whole throwing rope kind of exhausted her, she should've thought about her plan more thoroughly.

"Well we have plenty of time, then you might as well share me your story." Byul said as she sat down in one of the roots. She took the water bottle inside her backpack and drank almost half of the 2L bottle. She just realized how thirsty and hungry she was. She also took one of the protein bars that Seulgi packed for them. As she was eating, she noticed that the ghost was intently looking at her water bottle. She offered her the water and the ghost immediately grabbed the bottle drinking everything until the last drop.

"Now, I believe that you are not a ghost. I don't think ghost gets thirsty hahaha." Byul joked. At that exact moment the ghost' stomach suddenly rumbled. "Yeah, you're probably hungry too, here eat this." She gave her the tuna sandwich that Hwasa packed for the group.

"Thank you." the ghost replied in her tiny voice.

"No problem, by the way, if you don't mind me asking, may I know your name?"

The ghost looked at her, maybe debating on whether to say her real name or not, it took her a full minute to reply with, "My name is Solar."

She's probably hiding something if she's giving out a fake name, Byul thought. I mean, why would it take a minute for one to reply if someone is asking about their name?. She decided not to comment on her observation. She, on the other hand, gave her real name. "Mine's Moonbyul, but you can just call me Byul. Nice to meet you Solar."

They both ate in silence, seemingly taking in the absurdness of the whole scenario. Two people in the middle of the forest, one is lost, while the other is dressed in white. Just utterly ridiculous.

"Solar, if you do not mind me asking again, why are you dressed in white and what are you doing with that rope? Are you trying to climb up that tree?" Byul asked jokingly. She already have a faint idea of why Solar is throwing that rope over, but she wanted for the girl to relax for a bit as she noticed that she was a bit tensed the whole time.

"Well, as you can see I'm trying to off myself and the dress is just coincidental," Solar said truthfully. There was no point in lying to this stranger, she thought.

"Hmmm I see, you know, I do not believe in coincidence. I always interpret coincidences as little clues to our destiny." Byul said. "Like, for one, I am scared of anything paranormal, so when I first heard you crying, I really thought that you're a ghost. But it's not a coincidence that I did not run away. I also should've run away when I saw you all dressed in white, but again, I didn't. In short, I was destined to meet you."

"Are you hitting on me?" Solar said. She was shocked by the greasiness of this girl. This Byul, whoever she is, is not bad-looking but that's not the purpose of why she is in the middle of the forest, she thought.

Byul laughed loudly. "No, I'm sorry, my greasiness comes off naturally. It offends my friends most of the time. But going back to what I said, I think there's a reason why you cannot throw and tie that rope properly. And there's a reason why I stumbled upon you. Do you want to talk? I've he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter