Chapter 04

Captivated Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun glanced at Serie with a playful grin. "Hey, Serie. Tomorrow's our day off. How about we stay in Seoul and make the most of the weekend together?"

Serie pondered for a moment, a hint of hesitation in her eyes. "I like the idea, Baekhyun, but I'm a bit worried about leaving my dad alone. He's used to having me around, you know?"

Baekhyun gently took her hand in his, reassuringly. "I understand your concern, but it's just one day. Your dad will be fine, and you'll be back soon. Let's have this day for ourselves."

Serie smiled, finding Baekhyun's persuasive nature hard to resist. "Okay, you win. Let me call my dad and see if he's okay with it. If he's not comfortable, I'll have to go back."

[After the call]

Serie returned with a surprised expression. "Guess what? He surprisingly agreed to let me stay. He said he trusts you, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun's face lit up with delight. "That's great! Your dad knows I'll take good care of you."

Serie let out a light-hearted chuckle, "So, what should we do tomorrow?"

Baekhyun grinned, exuding a carefree vibe. "I just want to have a relaxed day, no fancy agenda, just us enjoying some quality time together."

Serie nodded, feeling at ease with his approach. "Sounds perfect."

After that Baekhyun and Serie decided to head to a nearby restaurant for dinner. They chose a cozy little place known for its delicious food . The aroma of freshly cooked dishes wafted through the air as they entered.

They settled into a corner table, softly lit by candlelight, creating a romantic atmosphere. Baekhyun and Serie perused the menu, excitedly discussing their preferences and making recommendations to each other. They decided to try a variety of dishes, wanting to savor the flavors and experience something new.

As they waited for their food to arrive, they engaged in lighthearted conversation, playfully teasing each other and sharing funny stories. Laughter filled the air, creating a joyful and carefree atmosphere. Baekhyun would occasionally lean in closer, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he whispered something funny in Serie's ear, causing her to burst into laughter and playfully swat him on the arm .

Their meal arrived, and they relished every bite, savoring the flavors and enjoying the shared experience.

As the evening progressed, the clock ticked closer to 8 pm, signaling that it was getting late. Both Baekhyun and Serie realized they were feeling tired from the day's activities. They paid the bill and made their way back to Baekhyun's car, ready to head home.

Baekhyun and Serie settled comfortably into the car, and a soft ballad began playing, filling the space with its gentle melody. 

Serie's gaze occasionally wandered towards Baekhyun's side profile, unable to resist stealing glances. She found herself captivated by his features, admiring everything from his forehead to his chin. The effortless way his hair fell, his kind eyes, and the slight curve of his lips—it all made her heart flutter.

In one fleeting moment, Baekhyun turned his head and caught Serie looking at him. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as their eyes met. Quickly, she averted her gaze, feeling a mix of shyness and awkwardness.

"Caught ya, Serie! You were totally checking me out, weren't you?"Baekhyun, grinning mischievously, broke the silence

Serie blushed intensely, trying to hide her embarrassment. "What? No! Well, maybe just a little. Okay, fine, you caught me. Can we change the subject, please?"

Teasingly, Baekhyun continued, "Oh, come on, Serie. Don't be shy. I can't blame you for staring at this handsome face. It happens to the best of us."

"I wasn't staring, okay? It was just... a brief moment of appreciation. Can we just pretend it didn't happen?"Mumbling in response, Serie tried to defend herself.

Baekhyun's playful smile remained intact as he relented, realizing he had teased Serie enough. "Alright, alright, I'll let it slide. But only because I'm feeling generous today. Just remember, I have the power to make you blush like that anytime I want."

Serie's cheeks turned even redder, a mix of shyness and amusement. "Oh, is that so? Well, I won't let you have all the fun. I can be quite mischievous myself, you know."

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, intrigued by her confident response. "Oh, really? I'd like to see you try. I have a feeling you won't be able to resist my charm."

Serie smirked, her eyes gleaming with a playful spark. "Challenge accepted, Baekhyun. Just you wait and see."

Baekhyun leaned closer, their playful banter creating an air of excitement between them. "I'm looking forward to it. Let's see who can make the other blush first."

Serie's laughter filled the car, a delightful sound that echoed through the air. "Deal! But let's keep it fair and square. No using cheesy pick-up lines or anything like that."

Baekhyun's grin grew wider as he accepted the challenge. "Alright then, let's put our natural charm and wit to the test. We'll see who can make the other blush first. Game on, Serie."

Serie's eyes sparkled with anticipation as she responded, "You're on, Baekhyun. Prepare yourself for some serious blushing. Let's find out who truly holds the power."

Their playful competition filled the car with an electric energy, with every clever remark and gentle touch, they sought to uncover the other's vulnerability and elicit an endearing reaction. Laughter and teasing banter filled the air, turning their car ride into a silly battle of blushes.

After the leisurely drive, they finally arrived at Baekhyun's home.

Baekhyun's mother smiled warmly at Serie, "Oh, Serie! We're so glad to have you here with us. Baekhyun mentioned that you'll be staying over for the night. "

Serie replied with gratitude, "Thank you so much for having me, Mr. Byun and Mrs. Byun. I really appreciate it."

Baekhyun's father chimed in, "No problem at all. Make yourself at home, Serie."

"So how was your day, you two?"Baekhyun's mother gestured for Serie to take a seat and asked.

"Well, Mom, we had a good time. We went out for dinner, tried some delicious food, and we just enjoyed the day"Baekhyun took the lead in answering,.

Serie nodded in agreement, adding, "Yeah, it was really nice. Baekhyun knows some great places to eat."

"That's wonderful to hear. We're happy to see you both having a good time together. And make yourself comfortable and enjoy your stay, Serie."Baekhyun's father said, smiling.

"Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Byun," Serie expressed her gratitude.

" Now, Serie, why don't you freshen up? I'll get you some clothes for the night. You must be tired after a long day."Baekhyun's mother then turned to Serie and said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Byun. That would be really helpful." Serie said gratefully accepting the offer.

"Mom, I'll  help her get settled."Baekhyun turned to Serie with a warm smile.

Baekhyun's mother nodded, a gentle smile gracing her lips.

Baekhyun reached out his hand towards Serie,"Come on, Serie. I'll show you the way."

They walked down the hall together, Baekhyun leading Serie to the guest room.

As they entered the guest room, Baekhyun gestured around, indicating the space. "Here it is, Serie. I hope you like it. If there's anything you need, just let me know."

Serie glanced around the cozy room, feeling a sense of comfort already. She turned to Baekhyun, gratitude in her eyes. "It's perfect, Baekhyun. Thank you for making me feel so welcomed."

Baekhyun leaned against the doorframe, a gentle smile on his face. "You don't have to thank me, Serie. It's my pleasure to make you feel welcomed, and you know, I have a feeling my  parents already adore you."

Serie let out a playful gasp, her eyes widening in surprise. "Really? We just met!"

Baekhyun shrugged playfully, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "It doesn't take long for them to see what I see – a wonderful, kind-hearted, and beautiful person."

Serie playfully nudged him. "Flattery will get you everywhere, won't it?"

He grinned, "Only if it's the truth, and in your case, it definitely is."

Just then, Baekhyun's mother returned with a neatly folded set of clothes and handed them to Serie. "Here you go, dear. I hope they fit well. If not, just let me know, and I'll find something else."

Serie inspected the clothes, a smile lighting up her face. "They look perfect. Thank you so much, Mrs. Byun."

Baekhyun's mother smiled warmly. "You're welcome, dear. If you need anything else, don't h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter