Moles

Little Cues: A Dictionary of Affection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Moles

/ məʊlz / noun. small, often slightly raised blemishes on the skin made dark by a high concentration of melanin.
Example: Hanbin is absolutely obsessed with the moles on Hao’s face; little does he know, Hao feels the same for that mole on his neck.

He’s long heard of that viral saying about moles being the spots where the past lover kissed the most. So when he stares at Hao in his bare face, the little moles looking like fallen stars on pale canvas, he thinks that Hao’s past lover made a very, very apt choice.

They must also really love kissing him, but can Hanbin blame them?

He couldn’t tell if he was ever mildly jealous about it (ridiculous, really, to be jealous of this non-existent person) or that he hoped he was the past lover in this theory. Flats of his fingertips brushed against the tear mole as the elder continued nomming away, all too used to Hanbin’s random bouts of caressing throughout the day. 

Hao once declared proudly that the mole under his eye is also a beauty mole, and he agreed wholeheartedly. Surely, Hao looked great even with full stage-makeup on that painted his skin like flawless china, but Hanbin always thought Hao looked ethereal with his perfect bare skin, and those moles on full display like a part of a constellation. 

Even make-up artists harbour similar thoughts, because they would lightly conceal away the ones on the side of his nose bridge and cheeks, but they seemed to like exposing t

Please log in to read the full chapter