Sick

Three isn't a crowd, It's love ♡
Please log in to read the full chapter

“This was a terrible idea…” Soojin mutters to herself as she runs through the streets in the pouring rain, clutching two bouquets of flowers in her arms as she rushes home.

 

It was almost 11pm and currently, Soojin was not having a good time. If you asked her, she’d blame the current situation on her stupid boss for making her stay later than she had promised to her girlfriends.

 

Okay so maybe she did play a part in making the situation worse… but she had the best intentions by doing what she did.

 

Earlier in the day, Miyeon and Shuhua had told her that they were planning on setting up a nice stay-at-home date since Soojin was getting off earlier than usual. She was supposed to be home about 4 hours ago, but Chaeyoung never showed up to take over the rest of her shift and Soojin was forced by her boss to stay and work. Upon hearing about Chaeyoung skipping work, she got pissed and immediately texted her coworker.

 

“Chaeyoung, you little …  You owe me for this! Expect to clean the bathrooms for the next month.” She huffed and ended up letting her girlfriends know as well, quickly texting their group chat.

 

“Sorry loves, someone decided not to show up to work today, so I’m being forced to stay. I’ll make it up to you, I promise. For now, just enjoy the date you guys set up without me. I love you <3”

 

After that, she sighed and put her phone away, getting back to work so she wouldn't get in trouble. Now, Soojin was running home from the flower shop with the bouquets she bought as her apology for being late. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket twice and assumed that it was her girlfriends asking where she was. She just ignored it for now as she was about 2 minutes away from home anyway.

 

By the time she did get to the door, Soojin was panting, her hair was dripping, she was trembling from the cold, and her socks were so wet that she could feel them squelching in her shoes.

 

At least I got them something to make up for tonight…

 

She thought to herself as she rang the doorbell and waited for Shuhua to run to the door excitedly. Surely enough, she heard footsteps rushing up to the door with the ringing of the dogs’ collar bells following behind her and Shuhua burst the door open to let her in.

 

As soon as the door flew open, Shuhua was rambling quickly.

 

“Unnie! I’m so glad you're hom-- oh my gosh! you're soaking wet!” Soojin guiltily smiled and pushed the bouquet of lilies towards her, dodging the little dogs jumping up at her legs as she did so. Shuhua’s lips lifted into a smile and she took the flowers, dragging Soojin inside by the arm.

 

“Silly Jinjin, did you run in the rain just for these? You didn't have to do that.” Shuhua pressed a kiss to Soojin’s cheek before leading her to sit on the toilet lid in the bathroom. Soojin shrugged, turning the other bouquet of flowers around in her hand.

 

“I wanted to. I did say I would make it up to you, didn't I?”  Shuhua shook her head with a fond sigh, putting her lilies down on the table as she grabbed a towel from their closet. She began to towel through Soojin’s hair, noticing that she was still shivering badly.

 

“Thank you for being so considerate baby, I love it and I’m sure Miyeonnie will squeal and smother you in kisses when she sees the flowers you bought for her too. But look at you, you’re freezing and you’re probably gonna catch a cold…” Shuhua tucked Soojin’s hair behind her ear gently, worry flashing through her eyes. Soojin leaned down and kissed her forehead.

 

“I’ll be fine baby, I wanted to apologize for ruining our date. Speaking of which, did you and Yeonnie enjoy the night?” Shuhua nodded, looking towards the bathroom entrance.

 

“Mhm, unnie made us some steaks to eat with wine. I didn’t drink much but Miyeon got a little tipsy so she’s napping on the couch. We were waiting for you so you could eat your steak and she fell asleep.” Shuhua giggled, remembering how her older girlfriend had been a little loopy before she passed out. Soojin stood up and took Shuhua’s hand in hers, yawning a little and rubbing her arm with her free hand to get warmer.

 

“C’mon, let’s just get her and go to bed, I can just eat the food tomorrow. I’m kinda sleepy anyway.” She led Shuhua towards their couch and crouched near Miyeon’s head at the edge. She smiled and ran her hand through Miyeon’s hair.

 

“Wake up Princess, let’s get you to bed.”

 

 

 

 

Miyeon groaned a little as she stirred awake, feeling hot under their covers. Mata was her face rapidly, probably wanting to go out to do her business. Miyeon blinked her eyes open and sighed.

 

“Alright, alright. Calm down puppy, you’ll wake up your other moms…” she shushed the little poodle, moving to gently lift Soojin’s arm off of her to get up. Before she could get up though, she froze, realizing that the heat she was feeling in the blankets was coming from her girlfriend. She turned and looked at Soojin, frowning at her flushed cheeks and uncomfortable expression. She moved closer and ran her hand along Soojin’s cheeks and forehead, accidentally bothering the girl in the process.

 

Soojin whimpered slightly, turning over to nuzzle her face into Shuhua’s neck on her other side. Miyeon quietly got up and walked over to Shuhua’s side of the bed, Mata following her and whining as she did so. She leaned over and started lightly shaking her awake.

 

“Shushu, wake up.” Shuhua groaned and rubbed her face into Soojin’s hair, refusing to wake up. Miyeon rolled her eyes and shook her harder as she was starting to lose her patience. But when Shuhua wouldn’t budge, Miyeon lifted the puppy at her feet and brought her up to Shuhua’s face to her awake. Mata went to town and slobbered all over her.

 

When Shuhua finally decided to wake up, she whined at her unnie, complaining that she was being annoying and wiping her face.

 

“Unnieeeeee let me sleep…” She slowly opened her eyes before looking at Miyeon with a questioning gaze as she became more aware of her surroundings. She furrowed her brows.

 

“Wait- why’s it so hot in here?” Miyeon glared at her before speaking.

 

“That would be our dear Soojin’s fever, honey. If you would be so kind as to take the puppies out for me so I can focus on taking care of her, that would be great.” Shuhua pouted at Miyeon’s sarcastic comment before gently moving away from their sleepy alpha.

 

“I didn’t know she was sick, I just wanted to sleep a little longer jeez...” She mumbled before quickly going to take Haku and Mata outside with the dogs happily barking after her. Miyeon sighed a little, making a note to herself to apologize to Shuhua when she gets back. She turned to the patient sleeping in their bed.

 

“Soojin… Baby, wake up.” She ran

Please log in to read the full chapter