Waste of Time (Something New Epilogue)

#NOWPLAYING: Taeyeon - Fabulous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Playing; Ariana Grande - Stick with U (feat. Justin Bieber)

 

 

***

 

 

The sun rays slipped through the thin curtains, giving enough light in the room where a woman lied on her back in an empty bed. A small smile drawn beautifully on her face as she stared blankly at the ceiling. She took a deep breath and her smile grew wider before a chuckle escaped her lips.

 

“How funny…” She whispered to herself, still with a smile on her face. She turned her head to see the other side of the bed which was empty. Her hand stretched to land on the other side. “Aren’t we weird?” She talked to herself again.

 

It had been couple of months since she started dating Taeyeon, the woman she met at the bar. She couldn’t hold her laugh every time she remembered how they were encountered. She read in k-pop forums that some of the idols from her dad’s company was spotted in gay bars. She wanted to check by herself, whether the rumor was correct or not. So, she visited this one gay bar which was rumored to be often visited by the idols. She had spent couple of hours there since the bar opened and she spotted some idols which belonged to other companies. But she kept scanning around the room, trying to find idols from her father’s company, and that was when her eyes met Taeyeon’s. It was her first time experiencing a woman checked out on her. So, instead of throwing her gaze somewhere else, she kept the eye contact with the woman who openly checked her out, eyeing the stranger from head to toe. The woman was beautiful yet handsome at the same time. Her appearance was beautiful, shoulder length dark brown hair, a pair of innocent yet inviting eyes, thin upper lips, complimented by plumper lower lips. The woman wore white halter top and a pair of ripped blue jeans. She didn’t look boyish at all, but some of her face feature made her look attractively handsome. Tiffany didn’t know how long had she stared at the woman until the woman stood up from her seat and walked towards her, confidently introducing herself and sat at the bar stool next to her.

 

Tiffany couldn’t remember what conversation she had with Taeyeon that night. The only thing she remembered was how attracted she was to the woman she just met. She couldn’t remember how many glass of Cosmopolitan she had, but she remembered she kept stealing glances at Taeyeon’s lips and she was really curious how would it feel to kiss Taeyeon’s lips. She didn’t remember how their lips met for the first time, but she remembered how their lips locked and how y Taeyeon’s voice was when she asked her to go to her place. She didn’t remember how they got to Taeyeon’s place, but she remembered she shivered every time their skins touched. She didn’t remember whether she ever questioned her uality at all, but she remembered her experience that night was one of the most mind blowing ones.

 

Tiffany got up from her bed. She was fully clothed in her pajamas, not a single piece was taken away from her body. Nothing happened last night. She and Taeyeon just talked to each other and ended the night cuddling comfortably. She smiled at the thoughts of her and Taeyeon cuddling. Taeyeon was small. But to be in Taeyeon’s embrace was very comforting. The way Taeyeon hugged her to sleep made her feel secure. It wasn’t like this at first. It was all about at the first six days they knew each other. Tiffany was fully aware that what they had was only one night stand or buddies at most. But Tiffany didn’t feel like she was herself, when she woke up in Taeyeon’s apartment after their encounter at the bar. There were a lot of thing came into her mind. She believed was straight. She never had with women before. And usually, during one night stand she had with guys, she always woke up early and left the apartment or hotel they stayed. But that morning, she was there, left alone in stranger’s apartment. Part of her sanity asked her to just got back home immediately, but another part of her mind asked her to stay until the stranger came back home, only to bid goodbye, just for the sake of politeness. So she stayed, tidying up the apartment and spent her day in a Taeyeon’s apartment. She noticed how minimalistic the place was. There was not many furnitures or stuffs. Taeyeon’s clothes contained neutral color like white, black, brown. Taeyeon’s living place didn’t speak much about Taeyeon at all and it somehow intrigued her. It was about eight in the evening when Taeyeon finally went home, and Tiffany was preparing dinner. It was unexpected. She prepared dinner for two people but her plan was to eat by herself, and she planned to leave Taeyeon’s apartment as soon as the owner got back home. Instead, what happened was Taeyeon came when she was in the middle of preparing the dinner. So Tiffany couldn’t immediately bid farewell to the woman. And on top of that, the first question Taeyeon asked her was whether she was the girl she slept with last night or not. In normal situation, it would hurt Tiffany’s pride. But surprisingly, she just found it amusing. It left her wondered, how such a player this woman could be? And her curiosity about Taeyeon increased, especially after remembering how good the latter was in bed. That night, even without asking Taeyeon, she decided to stayed over again to redo what they did the previous night.

 

Tiffany stared at her reflection in the mirror. She could see the glints in her eyes. The glints she never saw before. Maybe she once had that glints when she was much younger, more innocent and just experienced her first love. But she couldn’t remember when was the last time she saw that glints in her eyes. Her eyes now gleamed with happiness. She knew that she hadn’t settle yet with Taeyeon. Yes, they were dating, but they hadn’t put any status in their relationship. It had always been “The girl I date” or “The woman I date”. They never addressed each other as girlfriends, yet. And Tiffany also hadn’t told Taeyeon everything about her.

 

The thought of revealing who she was to Taeyeon had been bugging her since the early days of them dating. She didn’t think much when she asked Taeyeon out for a date. She didn’t mean to play around, she just somehow wanted to secure her position in Taeyeon’s life. She didn’t even know for what reason she wanted to secure her position. Even though they didn’t know much about each other, during the first week of their encounter, she realized that Taeyeon’s presence was too comforting for her. She enjoyed the moment they spent together even when they didn’t have . So when Taeyeon suddenly went to the gay bar where they first met on their seventh day of knowing each other, she somehow felt uneasy especially when Taeyeon mentioned that the latter was meeting her old friend. Without much thinking, she asked whether she could join Taeyeon, and Taeyeon didn’t mind. To her surprise, Taeyeon was sitting alone at the bar staring at her phone which was located on the bar table. She thought she would find Taeyeon talking with someone which she referred to as an old friend. When she come through and greeted the Taeyeon, she was welcomed with a wide smile. And she felt home. At that moment she decided that she wanted to secure her spot in Taeyeon’s life — or heart.

 

Tiffany washed her face, trying to tidy up her messy thoughts on how should she reveal who she really was to Taeyeon. She didn’t plan to hide the fact that she was a daughter of Hwang Corporation. She just enjoyed every single moment she spent with Taeyeon, she didn’t even think the needs to tell Taeyeon about this. But now, regardless their unclear status, Tiffany started to think about taking things further with Taeyeon. And, the fact that she never really told Taeyeon about her family was bugging her so much. There were of course other consideration she had. Being a daughter of Hwang Corporation meant she needed to get married — most probably to a son of other business owner, to ensure that their business would grow stronger. But she didn’t really care about that. She had discussed with her brother, without her father knowing, that her brother would take the face of the company while Tiffany would support from behind the scene. Nevertheless, she was still the daughter of Hwang. Whatever she did, would become a juicy news for medias.

 

She finished washing her face and walked back to the bed, sitting on it, back resting at the headboard. She took her phone from the bedpost and smiled when she saw a kakaotalk notification.

 

”I am at the office already. You were still sleeping when I depart. Have a good day, cutie. Miss you already!”

 

This side of Taeyeon was surprising to her. She thought Taeyeon would be as cool as the oppas in Korean drama. But Taeyeon was the otherwise. She was in fact very cute and attentive, she was even clingy at times. Before finding this side of Taeyeon, Tiffany was thinking if she ever found Taeyeon was out of her expectation, she would just runaway and stop dating the woman. They were just dating anyway, not in a relationship. But to her surprise, even when Taeyeon was not as she expected, it just added another adoration she had to Taeyeon. She had asked herself many times, why she could make a lot of exception for Taeyeon. She was the type of girl who would not stick around with a man who didn’t meet her expectations. But here she was, kept making exception for Taeyeon. Was it because Taeyeon was so attentive? Was it because Taeyeon always ensure she felt comfortable before doing anything? Was it because Taeyeon always consider her preferences and her likings? Was it because Taeyeon didn’t care about her family status and treated her just like a normal person?

 

She stopped her thoughts. Of course Taeyeon didn’t know who she was, hence during the dates, Taeyeon never treated her too much. Taeyeon even brought her to a tteokpoki stall during one of their dates. Tiffany frowned upon her own thoughts. Taeyeon did everything she did because she didn’t know about her family background. Tiffany’s thumb hesitantly typed a reply to Taeyeon’s message.

 

”At what time will you come back home?”

 

She smiled bitterly at the word home. This apartment she lived in was not hers. She rented this apartment because it was located near the gay bar. She didn’t plan to stay long here, but because she met Taeyeon, she stayed longer than she planned.

 

Her phone beeped.

 

”Which home are you talking about? Mine? Yours? We don’t have “ours” yet kkkk”

 

She chuckled dryly at the reply. Yes, they didn’t have anything they could claim as “ours”. It was still “you” and “me”, there were no “us”.

 

”Which home are you gonna crash on tonight?”

 

She really needed to talk this out to Taeyeon. She didn’t want to invest further of her time and feelings to Taeyeon without let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter