Getting Her Back

Fantastic Baby

I cause so much trouble for Dara, make her uneasy, hurt her...and the more I fall in love with her, the fewer words I have. I always forget to tell her what's most important. That I was the one who's wrong.

 

But I don't want this, Dara.

 

So don't go.
 

I arrived at their dorm and I knew she was already there. Her Range Rover was parked outside the building, and I ran upstairs to where their dorm room was. But when I got there, I suddenly froze.

 

What if she'll not listen to me?

 

“Dara,” I said after I knocked. I heard some noise inside, but the door remained closed. “Please talk to me.”

 

The noise I heard stopped, and I knew it was her. Otherwise, why would it stop?

 

“If you don't want to talk to me, just listen. I--”

 

The words got stuck at my throat. I leaned my head on the door, contemplating on what I should say first. There are tons of things I wanted to tell her, but I don't know how to start. I never knew how.

 

But as my tears fell, the words also flowed.

 

“I'm sorry. I'm sorry for taking you for granted. Believe me or not, you were the best thing that happened to me. I just forget to tell you that. You know I was never good with words.”

 

“And my actions...my actions weren't what they are supposed to be. I always treated you unfairly. I haven't been there for you, when you have always been there for me. I'm sorry.”

 

“I wish I could rewrite my past. But I can't. If I could, I'd do all I could if it would stop you from crying. But that's impossible. What was done won't change. That's why...I'm asking for a chance to make the past pale in comparison with our future or present.”

 

“If you’re saying that I’m not good enough, then I’ll do whatever it takes. I’ll do whatever it takes from now on. I won’t hold anything back. I’ll give you everything.”

 

I felt tears running down my cheeks. The thought of Dara leaving, breaking up with me, terrified me. My life would be nothing without her. Heck, she's my life. I was just too self-absorbed to realize it only now. If she would only give me another chance...

 

“If time is what you need, I will give it to you. I will wait as long as it takes,” I sobbed. “So you must come back. Just...don't say you'll throw it all away.”

 

“Which is why, I'll be waiting. I'll always be waiting for you.”

 

With a heavy sigh, I walked away. I was serious when I told Dara that I would wait.

 

Even if it takes forever.


The moment I heard Jiyong's voice, I hid behind the door. Somehow, I wasn't ready to face him. It still hurt me to face the fact that I have broken up with him. But when he started to talk, my heart went out with him.

 

If you’re saying that I’m not good enough, then I’ll do whatever it takes. I’ll do whatever it takes from now on. I won’t hold anything back. I’ll give you everything.”

 

What exactly do I want?

 

Will I be able to choose the right path? The compass that I'm holding... Is it not broken...?

 

I only want Jiyong. I only wanted to be with him forever. Ever since I met him, it's as if I knew him all my life. And I was just not ready to lose him.

 

I stood up and opened the door. Jiyong already left, but like always, I knew where to find him.

 

I don’t want to hurt you…

 

but I get hurt by you, and I run away…

 

And then I chase after you again…

 

It’s frustrating, but I still want to be beside you.

 

I found Jiyong near Han River, sprawled on the snow. His ridiculous hair lights deeply contrasted with the snow and I slowly went near him. His arm was resting on his forehead and I wonder if he’s crying, or just asleep. I knelt down, and gently placed his head on my lap.

 

Jiyong finally removed his arm that covered his face, and he looked at me. “Why are you here?”

 

“Because I thought you’d be crying.”

 

“I’m not crying, damn it… I’m not,” But then his tears started to fall.

 

I just made the dragon cry. To see him like that made my heart clench, so I said, “I wish I could rewrite my past. But I can’t. That’s impossible. What kind of present will make your past pale in comparison?” I reached out to wipe his tears, but he held my hand before I could touch his face.

 

“Something like this…A reality where I exist and you’re there next to me,” He only whispered the words, but I felt like the whole world stopped to listen.


I never expected Dara to look for me. I was an the way I treated her. But then here she was, kneeling on the snow, cradling my head on her lap. She has always been forgiving, even when I don’t even deserve it. I’m grateful though. And with the second chance she gave me, I fully intend to make it up to her and give her love that transcends eternity, the love I knew she deserves.

 

I love you.


I TRULY LOVE YOU.


That's why I swear to myself...I'll never let you go again.

 

Under the moonlit sky, we shared a kiss. It felt like it only lasted a moment, yet also an eternity. And as if on cue, fireworks exploded on the night sky and filled the sky with color, like the whole world was celebrating how I got my fantastic baby back.