The Arrival

So Close, Yet So Far

Narrator's POV

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Seoul Korea. Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines for this trip. We will look forward in seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice stay in Korea!" the stewardess announced as the plane is landing. At the same time on the plane, seat 15A to be exact, sat a girl. An excited girl. Why is she excited? It will be her very first time to stand on Korean Land where her idols are from.

The girl keeps fidgeting in her seat, waiting for the plane to land. Finally, when the airplane finally landed, she immediately jumps out of her seat and dash out. Even though she sat quite a distance away from the door, she managed to be one of the first to get out of the plane. Being one of the first to reach the immigration, it didn’t take long for her to officially enter Republic of Korea and gathered all her belongings.

This girl started wandering around the airport. Amused by pretty architecture and the amount of people around. Her eyes wondered everywhere except the direction she is walking. She starts walking backwards and within a few seconds…… BAM!

 

Rea’s POV

OMG! I can’t believe it! I’m here! I’m finally here!! YA—OWWW! I turned around to see who I bumped into and rubbed the back of my head at the same time. I saw a cute guy. No, wait. Cross that out. I see this perfect guy…but why is he staring at me? Oh, RIGHT! I bumped into him. I guess I should say sorry, huh?

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t notice you behind me!” I apologized. No response? Maybe he doesn’t understand English? What is ‘I’m sorry’ in Korean again? Ah! I remember!

“Chae-sung-ham-ni-da!” I said in Korean.

“Tsk.” I heard him murmured. Then he walked away. He. Walk. Away. How rude of he to do that! Urgh! Whatever! Wait…I think I forgot something… Right! I’m supposed to go to the pick up point and wait for someone to pick me up! Where is the pick up point again? Hm……*turns around to look for sign* Found it! I picked up all my stuff and walked towards the pick up point.

 

*At pick up point*

Who is picking me up? Where’s that person? OMG! Am I forgotten? What should I do? Suddenly, in the middle of my panic attack, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw a middle aged man smiling at me.

“Excuse me, are you Ms. Song?” the man asked me in English. I nodded my head.

“Hello. I’m Han Sajang. Woolim CEO.” He continued. I’m impressed. His English is pretty good. Wait. Woolim’s CEO. That’s my boss! I let out a loud gasp.

“Ne. Rea-imnida. Annyeonghasaeyo!” I said in my best Korean and bowed. Han Sajangnim just chuckled.

“Kaja. The car is over there.” Sajangnim said and pointed at the car. I must get used to the Korean accent.

We got in the car and the driver drove off. It’s so quiet…Should I say something… What should I say? Hm… Maybe I should just keep quiet.

“You know, my wife and I really like you since we saw your resume. My wife insisted that we pick you.” Really? That’s interesting… So, how should I reply that?

“We always wanted a daughter but never had one. So, we were wondering…do you want to be our goddaughter?” he continued. My eyes widen instantly. I knew him for like 5 minutes and he asked me to be his goddaughter? Well, he seems nice. It’s always nice to have some family in unfamiliar places…

“Um…sure?” I guess there would be no harm to this?

“Great! My wife would be delighted to see you tonight!”

“Tonight?” I asked.

“Yeah, you’ll come over to my house tonight and I’ll introduce you to my wife and my son.”

“Oh…ok.”

By the end of the conversation, we have arrived at our destination. Woolim Entertainment. Sajangnim asked the driver to bring my luggage to my apartment and to pick me up at 5:30PM.

We got out of the car and walked into the building. This is it! Go Rea! You can do this! 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

There's the first chapter! How was it?? Please Please Please COMMENT! Subscribes would be loved too!  :)