Begin Discovering...

Un-thinkable

After a long day of classes and studying, Kim was just ready to relax in her pajamas. She rode the bus home from the community college and got off at the stop in front of the corner store around the corner from her house.

She let out a breath of relief, just happy to be done with the day. She began the short walk home but not without hearing the wolf calls and whistles from the guys loitering outside the corner store.

"Ay, shorty! How you doin'?"

"You ain't gon' say nothin', cutie?"

Kim rolled her eyes and looked down at her outfit. A cropped t-shirt, overalls with the pant legs rolled up and her beat up Converse. Nothing special or out of the ordinary for her. Not looking where she was going, she knocked right into someone carrying a box, falling right on her onto the concrete.

"Omo!" The guy said, placing the box gently on the ground and held his hand out to help her up.

Looking up, she stared into the brown, apologetic looking eyes of a guy around her age, with a kind smile and a hand out to help her up. She grabbed it and pulled herself up, still staring at him. Small smiles played on both of their faces.

Kim noticed she was staring at him and blinked her eyes multiple times. "I'm so sorry about that! Thank you for helping me up...?"

"Oh! Kai, my name is Kai," He replied, shaking her hand gently.

Kim had realized they never let go of each other's hands. She felt her face heat up and giggled nervously. "I like your name. Hope to see you again soon, Kai," She let go of his hand with a shy smile and continued walking home. She had to bite her bottom lip to keep from smiling so big. He's so cute!

Kai stared at her as she walked away, still smiling like a fool. He laughed when she began to skip around the corner. She's cute. Wait! I didn't get her name!

Kai felt a hard thump against the back of his head. His hand shot up to rub the pain away, turning around to meet the angry eyes of his father.

"Yah! Stop playing around and finish helping me take this box inside!" He said irritably in Korean.