« Soompi: Genesis88's reveal »

 « 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴 88 » Mnet's newest survival show。 APPLY CLOSED, ASK FOR EXTENSIONS!

HOME     NEWS     GALLERY     EXCLUSIVES     FORUM     SHOP

 

MNET unveils new survival show after Produce 101 voting scandal

HiRitu | Jul 6, 2021

Mnet has revealed their new survival show, named Genesis88. The announcement came as a surprise because the broadcaster was recently investigated for the voting manipulation of their previous shows, Produce 101 and Idol school. In a previous report, it was revealed that Wanna one, Fromis_9, Iz*one and X1 were all subject to voting manipulation.

This new show is set to have 88 contestants, 44 girls and 44 boys. This means that Genesis88 is mnet's first coed survival show. According to inside info, the groups will not be separated like the groups of The Unit, but the final group will actually be coed. This has left fans wondering how Mnet will handle this. Outside of that, it is said to be a similar show to Produce 101, but with new missions and changes.

The Viewers' representative of this season has been revealed to be SHINee's Minho! The coaches' panel will consist of Hwang Chiyeol, Mamamoo's Solar, Brown eyed girls' Miryo,  iKON's Bobby and ex-Wanna one members Ong Seongwoo and Kang Daniel.

There are also many rumours about who will be participating. The most stand-out being national gymnast Song Jaegyu and her twin brother, esports athlete Song Jaewook. Asides from them, there are also quite a few idols reportedly joining the show, like 2012 debutees 2LITE, being seen with a currently undisclosed new member, and Gukkie from Vive. Other idol groups that are mentioned in the lineup are Prism, Ultraviolet, virtual group Anthos and DIA. Both 2LITE and DIA have had members debut in produce 101 groups previously, so fans are curious to see if they can keep the streak going.

Asides from groups, there are more familiar faces, like solo artists Son Ryuwon, Kim Youngmin and Cho Bitna, now going by the name Blanche and previous survival show contestants like Rhee Jihae, Tony Yu, Alexa Zhao and Im Sejin.

Mnet revealed that all the contestants and their profile videos will be revealed next week, along with the theme song, "Super clap".

Expect more updates on this show as more gets revealed!

TAGS

Produce 101
Mnet
2LITE
IKON
Ultraviolet
Wanna One

PREVIOUS STORY

June Boy Group Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

NEXT STORY

2LITE unveils new member Beam ahead of participation in Genesis88

Sign in                                                                               11 people listening
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

Toppodokku                                                                                                                                       1 hours ago

I really don't know how to feel about this. The scandal is still so fresh, and I really expect them to do it all again. What a money grab, this is crazy. But still, I can't help but feel excited to see new trainees.

Like    Reply

Buttfluff                                                                                                                                              2 hours ago

A co-ed season? What? This is all really out of the blue. I hope that it will be as good as The Unit but I don't really have high hopes because of how bad Mnet can be.

Like    Reply

WonyoungS                                                                                                                                       2 hours ago

LOL who are these nugus? Are DIA and 2LITE really that desparate? LOL they must be out of budget with these crappy people. Daniel is a flop too. Goddamn. Can't wait to see this group inevitably flop. Meanwhile X1 was forced to disband? This is so disrespectful LMAO I won't be watching. Iz*one already outsold. A co-ed group is meant to flop anyway. This season has already failed, NEXT.

Like    Reply

HiRitu                                                                                                                                                 3 hours ago

Oh my god as an esports fan, seeing Song Jaewook and Kwon Jungil on this show is HEAVENNN!! I really hope they will succeed in their new dreams ;w; Please vote for these lovely guys!

Like    Reply