« Tumblr: Trainees to watch »

 « 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴 88 » Mnet's newest survival show。 FIRST IMPRESSION VOTE OPEN! ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ
icon
ALLABT
GEN88.
all about mnet's
NEWEST SHOW gen88!
related accounts:
 
icon1
anthos
@2dhusbandos
icon2
DIA
@DIAontop
icon3
ultraviolet
@uvillloveme
icon4
blanche cho
@montblanche
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — trainees to watch
There have been many rumours online about who's going to join Genesis88! Some of the craziest rumours are that a member of DIA, everyone of Prism and multiple previous survival show contestants will be joining! But listed below are the 20 rumoured trainees that really caught the public's attention so far!
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — SON RYUWON
Son Ryuwon is better known as soloist Jinx. She debuted under khiphop label @AREA around half a year ago and has been gaining loads of attention. She's joining the show with rapper Kim Youngmin. Since they're khiphop artists, people are very interested in how they're going to do when they have to act as idols.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — GOTO TSUBASA
Goto Tsubasa is a member of '2.5D korean-japanese' group Anthos. They're virtual, but have always performed in masks during live shows. So no one actually knows what they look like. However, netizens were able to dig up a few pictures of some of the members. Out of all of them, Tsubasa caught interest because of his unique visuals, interesting persona and his incredible singing. But so far, it is still unknown if this is actually Tsubasa.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — KIM MINHEE
PNation is joining an mnet survival show for the first time and they are rumored to be sending 3 girls and 1 boy. Minhee is catching the eyes of the public because of his sharp looks that contrasts with his adorable smile, and the rumour that he is the reaction king of the show. Netizens are also shocked by his long neck.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — ZOREN AJERO
Zoren Ajero is one of the already debuted idols joining the show. Choeun sent three members of their 9 year old boy group 2LITE. But here's the kicker, this group has been plagued with constant line-up changes, and Zoren was added around a year ago. 2LITE actually has a history of succeeding in survival shows, with former members Jasper Kim debuting in Wanna one, and Kang Yonggi debuting in UNB. Let's see if they can keep the streak going with Seo Kitae, Zoren or the next trainee.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — BEAM CHAIYA KAWAREK
This trainee is an interesting one. Beam Chaiya Kawarek is 2LITE's newest member. Guess when he got announced? Yesterday. Netizens are speculating that he was added to fill in for the show, and hasn't had much training at all. Yet, his visuals are already gaining attention. His case has piqued people's interests, and speculations around why he was added like this are appearing everywhere. He has a totally different vibe from the rest of the members, and there is a massive , so netizens are already pitying him for being caught in lazy management decisions.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — KEN ARTHIT RATANA
Ken Arthit Ratana is no stranger to both the Korean and Thai industry. Not only is he the oldest member of the show, he is also the biggest veteran, debuting just a few months before Seo Kitae from 2LITE. He was in the short-lived but loved group C-clown. When they disbanded in 2015, he returned to Thailand to become an actor. Not only did he debut in C-clown, before that, he was actually set to debut in both SHINee and EXO-M! This impressive resumé, his gorgeous visuals and his friendship with the show's MC Minho have made him one of the top trainee on people's lists, despite his age.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — WANG ZHENQI
Wang Zhenqi is part of cover duo Cherrish. While that name may be unheard of, this woman is getting attention for different reasons. First of all, there's her visuals. Netizens have commented on how pretty she is, yet how unique she looks. But Zhenqi is also one of the trainees that has already been deemed controversial, as there are rumors that she is one of the villains of the show, even going against her best friend and groupmate, Hu Xinyi.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — SIM HAEIN
Sim Haein is one of the younger trainees. He may not have any noteable experience, but this boy is gaining attention just for being himself. He's rumoured to be one of the most popular kids among the others, and netizens from all over the world are already raving about his incredible visuals.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — WATANABE YUUKI
Watanabe Yuuki is actually another member of Anthos of which pictures have been dug up. it is unsure if this man is in fact Yuuki, but if he is, netizens will be very happy. Many people have commented how gentlemanly he looks, but also that he has a certain dorky charm to him. In Anthos, he is the leader and dad of the group, and he is known to have an absolutely massive vocal range. He mostly speaks and raps in an incredibly attractive low voice, though.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — HOEN AKIKO
With this season being co-ed, it gives the opportunity for brothers and sisters to join the show together. In total, three pairs of fraternal twins have joined the show. One of these twin pairs are the Hoen twins. Hoen Akiko and Akito are two absolutely adorable beans who haven't had any professional training yet, but their timid charms and cute looks definitely make up for it.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — LEE JIAE
Lee Jiae is a very anticipated trainee. Not only is she one of the visual picks, she was also a very popular contestant on Produce 48, finishing 14th. But throughout the show, she was in the top 12 and often competing with Jang Wonyoung for their similar fairy-like visuals and same age. While many people are excited to see her, she also got her fair share of haters, because there were hints shown of her being two-faced on Produce 48. Netizens are curious to see if she has matured, or if she will be worse on this new show.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — LEE CHAEWOONG
Lee Chaewoong is the unlucky sibling in a very famous family. You either know or have guessed it already, but he is the older brother of Lee Chaeyeon and Chaeryoung. Yes, there is a third one, and he is looking for his opportunity to finally debut. Before this, Chaewoong has been on Kpop star 2, stray kids tv and produce x 101, where he made it to the final. He is definitely the unluckiest of the siblings, but some netizens believe his visuals are holding him back as well. (but we don't agree with them!)
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — LEE YOOBIN
Lee Yoobin is another trainee already known to survival show fans. Not only is he the little brother and assistant of 1million dance teacher Lee Yoojung, he has also participated in i-land last year. Yoobin showed a lot of talent on the show and almost debuted in enhypen, placing 9th in the end. He also showed a strong personality, and of course, people are also a fan of his visuals.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — JEONG AERA
Jeong Aera is known to many YG fans as one of the trainees that trained in future 2NE1. After that group of trainees left the company, she joined BE:LIFT LAB, preparing to debut there. While people expected her to join the rumoured i-land 2, they sent her to Genesis88 instead. This has made netizens question if i-land 2 is still happening or not. Asides from her trainee history, Aera has also gained attention for her similarities to Bae Suzy.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — OH YOUNGSUN
One of the kpop groups joining the show to hopefully get some more spotlight is Ultraviolet. They debuted 2 years ago and got 6 adorable members. While netizens are excited to see them all on the show, the one that is gaining the most attention is Oh Youngsun. She is known to be an incredible vocalist, in talks to be among the best of the fourth generation. Before this, she was already in a different short-lived girl group, and netizens pity her for already being in her second group despite only being 17.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — NAM JEONGUK
Nam Jeonguk is a very impressive trainee and artist. After joining boy group Vive in 2014 (another 2012 boy group represent!), he gained the nickname of dancing king. After Vive went inactive, Jeonguk continued under DSP as solo artist, better known as Gukkie. Despite him now being a solo artist, he is still known to be very close with s, and they are more often seen together than not. He is one of the big talents of the show, and netizens expect great results from him.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — SONG JAEGYU
One of the most interesting rumoured trainees is Song Jaegyu. Most people expect this rumour to just be a troll, but more and more signs are pointing towards her actually joining. Jaegyu is a big name in the sports world. She used to be a national gymnast, winning medals at the asian games and being set to go to the Olympics. After a career ending injury, she disappeared from the public eye. Now, she is rumoured to join the show as a KQ trainee, and she still has her signature bleached hair (how is her scalp still alive). On top of that, her twin brother Jaewook is joining as well, and they seem to be joining separately. During her time as gymnast, she got a lot of popularity because of her visuals and fun personality.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — SONG JAEWOOK
Song Jaewook is Jaegyu's twin, and while he may not be a national icon like her, he still got fame in his own niche. Jaewook is actually a retired professional league of legends player. Despite never winning a trophy, Jaewook is regarded as a popular and succesful player because he attended the world championships three times. During his time as esports pro, he also got attention for his princely looks. Now, he is trying his hand at becoming an idol, but he is reportedly joining as individual trainee together with his best friend, rapper Stxrm. They apparently haven't found a company yet, and are self-trained.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — KWAK SAEROM
One of the most spectacular rumours is Kwak Saerom. Just like Aera, she was a YG trainee, but Saerom got even closer to debut. When Blackpink was preparing for their debut, the group was supposed to be built around this woman. But right before they debuted, she left the group and YG because of personal reasons, and completely disappeared. Now, she is returning, and netizens have noticed that she looks different. Speculations are that Saerom got a nose job to prepare for Blackpink's debut, but that it got botched and she had to leave the industry. While people are commenting about her visuals, old fans are extatic to finally see her again.
✿ ˚₊ ꒰ — RHEE JIHAE
Last but definitely not least is another very familiar face to us survival show fans. Rhee Jihae has been collecting survival shows as if they are infinity stones. Prepare to get snapped, because Genesis88 is actually her 5th show! After participating in Sixteen, Produce 101, Idol school and Produce 48, she is back again to hopefully finally make her debut. In all of this, she has made her way to RBW. She actually placed one spot behind Jiae on produce 48, and 13th placer Alexa Zhao is also rumoured to be back on this show.
ABOUT
Genesis88 is mnet's newest co-ed survival show. This account will provide updates, gossip and up to date rankings. We are your primary source for info on all the trainees!
AUTHOR NOTES
This was originally an rp layout but I tried to make it look like a tumblr account- it's so hard to find social media codes nowadays so if you have some please lmk for the future! This is my way of revealing who got picked :D congrats to the ones who did get picked and im sorry to the ones that didnt :c