-10-

Mosquito
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes you don't need to hear their excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions already spoke the truth -

 

 

After Seungwan passed out from drinking, Sooyoung noticed the missed call from the hospital.

She called back, and the doctors told her that Joohyun had checked herself out of the hospital and had gone home. Sooyoung was worried, but thought that if she had called Joohyun with Seungwan’s phone, there was almost no chance of the call being picked up, so she called Joohyun with her own phone instead. Sure enough, Joohyun did pick up. Sooyoung asked about Joohyun’s condition and pestered her until she was sure that there wasn’t anything too usual.

After that, Sooyoung stared at Seungwan’s phone screen for a long time. In the end, she took a deep sigh and decided to delete the missed call and the return call to the hospital from the phone.

 

Seungwan had already made a choice, it was best to not let anything affect it.

 

Compared to Seulgi, Sooyoung had always thought it was Joohyun who was a better fit for Seungwan. Her reasoning wasn’t special, she got along with Seulgi as well when they were students, but before today she had always thought it was Seulgi who abandoned Seungwan. It was still taking her a while to get used to it.

But due to Seungwan’s continued indecision, Joohyun has been hurt too many times, and even Sooyoung couldn’t stand and watch anymore. Perhaps it’s time to let go than keep up the rivalry.

Sooyoung watched as Seungwan slept soundly on the bar counter, she couldn’t help but think about what she would have done if she was in Seungwan’s shoes. Would she have chosen Seulgi or Joohyun? For this question, Seungwan’s final decision was a fairly predictable one. Seungwan’s irresolute and hesitant personality would have had her go back to the inseverable past every time. After all, most of her current life was built on top of her great sense of guilt.  

Sooyoung shook her head helplessly, the mental world of the rich was too complicated for her. For someone like herself, there wasn’t even time to worry about anything else other than working and making a living, the little free time she had was even taken away by Seungwan asking her to come out and drink.

After dragging Seungwan home, Sooyoung pondered whether she should take care of Seungwan herself or call Seulgi to come and take her.

Before she came to a conclusion, the bell to Seungwan’s apartment rang. Standing at the door was exactly the person on her mind as she contemplated.

“Seungwan unnie had too much to drink. I brought her back just now, but since you’re here, it’s better if I leave you to take care of her.”

“…Sooyoung-ah.”

Seugi stopped Sooyoung from walking out the door.

“I have a question that I want to ask you, and I hope that you could answer me honestly.”

“Ask away.”

“Seungwan… she likes Joohyun doesn’t she?”

“…”

 

“How long has it been?”

“…she doesn’t even know the answer to that herself. She had always felt guilty towards you, so she suppresses all the feelings she has towards others, and even after falling for someone she is still too scared to admit it. I sometimes look down upon her for her cowardice, but I still respect her decisions. I wish the best for the two of you, and I hope that you live happily.”

Sooyoung was the type of person to get straight to the point, the only times she would be indirect was when she’s around Seungwan, to everyone else, she did not mince words at all. Seulgi has already gotten used to Sooyoung’s personality back when they were still students, but given their situation, she didn't want to hide her emotions to Sooyoung as well.

“I don’t think we would be needing any good wishes anymore.”

 

When Seungwan woke up, she found Seulgi sitting beside her bed. She tried her best to remember what happened last night after she got drunk, but her recollection stopped at the scene where she passed out crying to Sooyoung while hugging her shot glass. She didn’t know when Seulgi got here, and wasn’t sure if she has said anything that she shouldn’t have while drunk. Seungwan carefully said to Seulgi who has been staring at her this entire time:

“Seulgi-ah… when did you get here?”

“Last night. I got here soon after Sooyoung brought you back.”

“Then… did you not sleep at all?”

“I did a little bit, I woke up not long before you did.”

Seungwan sat up with an aching head, and saw past Seulgi’s shoulder on the desk behind her the blanket that should’ve been in the living room. She scrunched her eyebrows, and suddenly felt a lot more sober.

“Why did you have to sleep on the desk? It must’ve been uncomfortable.”

“Seungwan, let’s be together again.”

“…okay.”

“Then kiss me.”

“…I haven’t brushed my teeth yet.”

“So go brush.”

“My head hurts too much, give me a minute.”

“And after that? What else are you going to say to run away?”

“…huh?”

“Never mind, I don’t want to know what other excuses you’re gonna make up. Just as I thought, if you didn’t want to touch someone, then you really wouldn’t. Enough, my experiment is over, let’s break up.”

“…break up?”

“Yup, I saw it all.”

“What?”

“At the hospital. I saw what you did.”

Seungwan stopped breathing momentarily, it felt like there was no more blood circulating to her brain.

“Seulgi…”

“You don’t have to say anything to me… I guess what I saw was the truth.”

“…”

 

Seulgi laughed.

“Oh Seungwan, this was why I didn’t want to tell you about the accident, because I didn’t want you to pity me and get back with me out of sympathy, or choose me out of guilt. When I first heard you tell her that you couldn’t forget about me, I really believed it. Maybe it was because you had your back facing me at the time, if I could've seen your expressions then I would’ve been able to tell that you were lying right away.”

“…I’m sorry. Could you give me some time? I will adjust as fast as I can.”

“Do you still remember what you said to me when I first came back? You said starting off as friends was the best that you could do. That was only a short time ago but I’m already missing how courageous and unabashed you were. I’m going to say the same thing to you, things like getting back together with me, don’t even think about it right now.”

“But this isn’t fair to you.”

“Love isn’t always fair. If you started a relationship with me, but had another person in your heart, would that be fair for me? If you didn’t know about the truth from five years ago, would you still choose to comeback to me? You know, I’m a little pissed at you. You’ve become such a ! I wanted to torment you for some time until you couldn’t take it anymore and then tell me your honest feelings, and tell you then that I’ve known all along, even as a tiny bit of payback. But do you know how many times you’ve muttered her name in your sleep last night?! I thought I was going to go deaf! I don’t want to be with you and hear that every night.”

 

Seungwan thought she was like a sharp blade after being dosed in liquor, calling for Seulgi in front of Joohyun, and then calling for Joohyun in front of Seulgi. It wasn’t enough to just murder the poor victim, she had to carve their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter