First Date

Thank You, Mr. Lee

"-and those are the names of the moon's craters." Eunhyuk points at the planetarium's simulation.

"I didn't realize you knew so much about space." 

"My first love was the moon. Space and the stars followed soon afterwards." Eunhyuk looks upward with a look of longing on his face. 

Donghae finds himself thinking, if he could, he would gather every single star in the galaxy just to get Eunhyuk to look at him the same way. 

Donghae shakes his head. Stop that, he thinks, this is the first date still. Don't be so sappy.

"Why did you become a teacher then?" 

"I decided it was best to help future generations get to space. They will probably have a better chance out there than me." Eunhyuk looks over at Donghae. "What about you? Why did you become a teacher?"

"My father was my hero. I wanted to be just like him when I was younger." 

Eunhyuk watches as a distant look takes over Donghae's face. 

"He was the best teacher, doing whatever he could to help students. He talked about being a teacher as if it was the only job worth doing. The youth, he would say, would lead us to a better world. I still think he's right." 

Donghae looks up at the night sky. He thinks, maybe if he looks hard enough, he'll see his father up there, even if it is a fake sky. 

"I hope he's proud of me." 

Eunhyuk reaches for Donghae's hand, squeezing tightly.

"I'm sure he is."

Donghae smiles gratefully and squeezes back.