A Scientific Hypothesis

Thank You, Mr. Lee

"Here, you look like you need a drink. Students were tough today?" Donghae passes Eunhyuk a drink, sipping on his own.

"Thanks Mr. Lee-Donghae. Thanks, Donghae." 

Eunhyuk loosens his tie, tired after teaching so many teens. He runs his hands through his hair, musing it, and sighs.

Dongahe stares at the errant strands, not used to seeing the other in such a casual manner, and takes a large gulp of his drink. He sits on top of a student's desk and waits for Eunhyuk's answer.

"The students are feeling the pressure of graduation coming soon, myself included." 

"You'll be fine, I know it. Can't believe the school year is almost done." Donghae feels wistful, swirling his drink. He still hasn't been able to ask Eunhyuk out, despite multiple opportunities to do so. 

Eunhyuk taps his drink, thinking for a moment. He walks closer to Donghae. 

"As the head of the science department, I have an important hypothesis that needs confirming. Will you help me?"

Eunhyuk chews his lips, and Donghae's eyes follow the movement. He nods absentmindedly. 

"My hypothesis is that... " Eunhyuk hesitantly places his hand on Donghae's.

Donghae feels his heart jump into his throat. 

"... a private meeting outside of work, based on mutual attraction, would be enjoyable. What do you think?"

Donghae would laugh at his wording, if he weren't about to explode. "Are you asking me out?" 

Eunhyuk nods shyly. 

Donghae smiles and leans over for a quick kiss on Eunhyuk's lips. He pulls back and Eunhyuk looks like he's short circuited. 

"Sorry, I wanted to do some early testing. Based on the results, I think your hypothesis checks out."

Donghae hums to himself before continuing further investigation.