Jealousy is Cheese.

Granting Requests [CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

OTP: Moonsun

Characters: Mamamoo. All of them. Also Lee Dahee and Krystal (mentioned)

Context: 5 times yongsun said she wasn't jealous and the 1 time she did. Brought to you by Loser Crew. (is this fluff? it's foolishness)

A/N to requester: I KINDA OVER DID IT. I told myself to keep it a one shot so I tried to calm down and not write too long. But I hope you enjoyed this as much as I wrote it. Sorry for including a little spice of Wheebyul, dash of Wheesa, and sprinkle of Hwabyul, I spilled all of them by accident into one 3k long one shot lmao.

A/N: btw yall if the narration style and stuff is weird and messy i tried to do it like Wheein and Hwasa are writing it and trying to sound like researchers so imagine that and guess who's saying what lmao that's fun.

 

 

In this research paper, we list the five times she said it wasn’t jealousy and the one time she finally admitted it was. Through the approach of intrusive thoughts and absolute geniuses at work, we use this gathered data (the list) to conclude that jealousy is very much like cheese.

 

First - 2015, Um Oh Ah Yeah part switch and origins of Wheebyulism

 

“Wheein-ah, she’s mad is she?” Byulyi whispers at Wheein. They just finished their stage.

 

The one Byulyi was very nervous about. Not because she doesn’t want to sing. It’s just what if people don’t like it? Or what if people hate her and force her to just rap? She doesn’t want to just rap. She also wants to sing. She wants her lower register, smooth voice to be heard like everyone else.

 

But right now, her worries weren’t the pressing matter. Yongsun’s silence and death stare was. Granted, Yongsun wasn’t looking at Byul but she swears Yongsun is somehow giving her a death stare anyway.

 

In a desperate attempt to do something. She asks Wheein. Which is really her fault.

 

“Maybe. Do you think it was because of your adlib?” Wheein asked back then followed with, “You fix it, you’re the unnie.”

 

Ah, using the age card. Great. Now she has too. Now she can’t do anything but fix something she doesn’t understand because she’s older. Actually it’s because if she didn’t, that’s free blackmail Wheein will NOT let go.

 

“Fine. But why would she be mad? I just said what we agreed on.” Byulyi, asking the question Wheein just ing asked her, was obviously delaying her iminent doom.

 

“Ask her maybe?”

 

So Byulyi did ask. And did she regret it? Very much so.

 

It started with a simple tease. Which did not work well. Because it ended with shouting and fighting. Just like when they were trainees.

 

“Yong! I think I found out something today.” Byulyi just barged in the practice room. She knew Yongsun was there. She also knew, unlike her, Yongsun somehow has the tact to not show her true emotions. Somehow.

 

“What is it?” Yongsun had a smile on but her eyes were screaming murder.

 

“I think Solar. Mamamoo’s Solar is jealous.” Byulyi teased anyway, despite her breaking voice and mentally weakening legs. Why is Yong looking at her like she’s ready to bring death? She doesn’t want to die yet.

 

“Haha. Funny.”

 

“You’re not?” Byulyi is still trying to be teasing and still trying to push away fear and doom.

 

“I’m not. I’m frustrated. But apparently you would think frustration is jealousy, huh Byul-ah?” Now that was rude. Now that felt personal. Now that was foul.

 

“What do you really want to say?”

 

“What I just did.”

 

“Uhuh. Like I’d believe that.”

 

“Yeah, like you ever do.”

 

Safe to say, it did not age well. A tease turned into bickering turned into brawling in the practice room then finally into cold and mutual I’ve had enough. Bye.

 

But just like winter turning to spring, the next day everything was back to normal. They were moonsun again. They were mamamoo again.

 

Because Yongsun wasn’t jealous.

 

Right. She wasn’t.

 

Second Time - 2016, The very infamous Krystal Incident that led to this research

 

“Krystal!”

 

The air on the table, the shared environment the four members were in, turned tense. The aura became awkward and it was almost tangible. The three members- victims of this calm before the storm- shared “oh .” and “we gotta fix this” faces.

 

Byulyi was telling the fans to be tightlipped. Byulyi, using her hands, signaled them to drop it. But Byulyi’s eyes were saying please guys, I really don’t want to sleep on the couch tonight.

 

All the while, Hyejin was scheming a plan to fix this -without the ominous and tangible tense air turning south-, through her awkward laughter. She looks at Byulyi’s fear filled eyes and replies with a, You fix this, unnie. This is your doing. And yes, you will have to sleep on the couch tonight. I’m sorry.

 

But what everyone heard was “Now, Byul unnie, give us a question.” She said it with a smile too. But her eyes said what she actually meant.

 

Byulyi, avoiding Yongsun’s obvious piercing gaze as she gave her the mic, gulped and asked:

 

“Who’s the cutest person here?”

 

Byulyi you are a genius. (she told herself, probably) Pat on the back. Now everyone on the table will point at Yongsun and things will be better. Good job.

 

She, in fact, did not do a good job. Because she was the only one pointing at Yongsun.

 

Pointing and poking Yongsun’s cheeks almost aggressively -desperately- pleading: Please forgive me they were joking, don't listen to them pls pls pls I want to sleep in a bed.

 

While she did that, Wheein, unsuspecting of everything going on, was having an internal -philosophical- inquiry in her head. If wine ages well and milk doesn’t, how about cheese?

 

A very important query indeed.

 

But something was going on and she heard the cutest person and assumed -correctly- that they had to point out who's the cutest person on the table. She pointed, and maybe failed to hide the smitten adoration in her eyes, at the cutest person -in and out- she’s ever met.

 

Hyejin, still on fix-it-Felix mode, decides to point towards Yongsun only to say she meant what Byulyi was holding.

 

And with that, the crisis was averted. For now.

 

So when now passed and Mamamoo dispersed in pairs and their own little world again, Byulyi decided to be teasing. Because she thought Yongsun was jealous, it was obvious and she knew she was. So I’ll just about it. Genius, Byulyi.

 

And genius, she was not.

 

“Here you go again.” Yongsun was smiling and rolling her eyes but the aura she’s giving off was: angry wife that will demote you to the couch. “Still haven’t learned what’s the difference between frustration and jealousy?”

 

And just like last year it irked Byulyi.

 

And just like last year, teasing did not age well.

 

Maybe this was like cheese. Wheein’s very philosophical and important inquiry might actually be relevant. Is Wheein an accidental genius? Who knows… (author lets readers decide)

 

But Byulyi’s teasing isn’t aging well like wine. It isnt aging like milk either because if it did, the results of those teasing should’ve doomed them all. It didn’t.

 

Therefore, through very critical thinking, it must be cheese.

 

Third Time - 2018-2019, Observing Hwabyul in their natural habitat, Vlive (lmao, RIP)

 

First instance of Hwabyul in their natural habitat was when we saw the loser crew deciding to troll Yongsun. They teamed up to make something out of nothing. Very much their style.

 

They were asking about what they were doing. Hyejin started, she just pointed at Byulyi and said vaguely “You and I…”

 

Byulyi, a member of the

Please log in to read the full chapter