Chapter 12

The Aftermath

Jay struggled through his depression episode, taking time off from his classes to try and get through this bout of depression. He started going to his therapist in person again, ranting to them about everything and anything that came to mind.

Jay dragged Yunho into his spars, as it seemed that he needed a way to vent his frustrations and sparring did help him with it.

Yunho took it easy on him at first, but after Jay insisted on upping the ante on the spars Yunho took it up a notch, nearly throwing Jay into a wall after blocking and countering an attack that Jay almost landed.

"Okay, don't go that far," wheezed Jay after he hit the wall, huffing as he leaned against it. "Just- don't take it easy but don't go that hard okay?" He asked, trying to catch his breath as he coughed, clutching at his ribs.

"Let's take a break," demanded Yunho as he relaxed out of his sparring stance, appearing as neutral as possible as he walked over and inspected Jay.

"Yeah, a break would be nice," wheezed Jay as he slid to the floor, relief clear on his face as he sighed.

"What did Seoho do to cause you to start sparring anyway?" Asked Yunho as he grabbed a bottle of water and brought it over. He handed it to Jay who opened it and drank it.

"He saw how much I was struggling to hold it together and suggested a spar," explained Jay after he put down his bottle when he was done drinking from it. "We sparred for a few days and he said I was improving so I had to continue the spars before I forgot," he added. "I was able to become faster with his help, but I still can't take a hit like that," he explained.

"I won't be able to teach you what you need, but I do know who can," mused Yunho as he went to grab his tablet and went to message someone.

 

~



Keonhee opened the front door when the doorbell rang, blinking at who was at the door. "Are you here for Yunho, Dongmyeong or Jay?" He asked, looking curious at who was at the door.

Yeonjun grinned at Keonhee before shaking his head. "I'm here for Jay," he replied with a shrug. "Though the other two are a bonus," he added.

"Jay's home, I think, and Yunho and Dongmyeong are out with their kings at the moment," explained Keonhee as he let Yeonjun in before closing the door behind him.

Jay came downstairs to meet them in the livingroom, blinking in surprise at who was here. "He sent for you?" He asked.

"I am the self proclaimed expert at training people who aren't immortal," boasted Yeonjun as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I did train an entire platoon before," he added. "Even though it was a long time ago, I still use those methods to spar," he explained.

"I didn't mean that in a mean way," sighed Jay. "But it's nice you came by," he added.

"No, I get it," reassured Yeonjun as he shook his head. "Let's get me settled in then we can work on this sparring of yours yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah," agreed Jay as he nodded.

 

~



"Okay, I am ready for you," started Yeonjun as he stood in front of Jay. "Come at me with everything you got, I need to know where you got with Seoho," he explained. "This will help me determine where I'm going to go with you," he added.

Jay nodded, getting into a battle stance before launching himself at Yeonjun, attacking with everything he had as Yeonjun blocked the blows and encouraged Jay to keep at it. Jay continued until he got tired, panting as he finally fell to his knees.

"Not bad, not bad," praised Yeonjun as he walked away for a second to get some water before coming back and handing a bottle to Jay who took it and drank it. "Seoho still remembers my teachings apparently," he mused, grinning as Jay finished drinking the water.

"That's a good thing, right?" Asked Jay as he got to his feet, stretching to get warmed up for what Yeonjun had to teach him.

"Oh yeah, this is perfect," agreed Yeonjun. "Now I can teach you my way," he added. "Now, let's do this," he started, going through the steps of teaching Jay.

 

~



Keonhee eventually got dragged into the spars too, as Jay still couldn't handle sparring with Yunho and Dongmyeong. Despite holding back a lot in their spars Jay still couldn't handle those two at their so called "amateur level" as Yeonjun had put it.

"Pause," commanded Yeonjun as Keonhee and Jay paused mid attack, panting as they glared good naturedly at each other. Yeonjun fixed both their stances, moving away once he was done. "Okay, go," he commanded, and the spar continued. Keonhee and Jay didn't want to give up but someone had to give up as they continued exchanging blows.

Eventually Jay had to give up though, letting one last hit get through before ending the spar as he stepped back, panting as Keonhee stepped back. The both of them bowed at each other before straightening, turning at the sound of clapping in surprise to see Ivan standing with Arthur and Mujin on either side of him.

"You did well for the two days you've been under Yeonjun's teachings," remarked Ivan as Arthur and Mujin stood on either side of him.

"Ivan," greeted Yeonjun as he bowed before straightening. "Arthur, Mujin," he added, nodding to them.

"Yeonjun," greeted Arthur as he nodded in greeting. Mujin bowed his head in greeting before turning to Ivan who decided to speak again.

"Sadly I must take Yeonjun home with me," explained Ivan. "My advice to you is to keep doing what you're doing and you'll do fine," he added. "I do look forward to the day you end up taking down Yunho and Dongmyeong at their amateur level," he mused, looking thoughtful before turning and walking away.

"That's quite the compliment," remarked Arthur as Yeonjun bowed to everyone before straightening and following after Ivan.

"I'm guessing Ivan doesn't give out many compliments?" Asked Jay as he walked over after grabbing his water bottle.

"No, to get a "good job" from him is almost impossible," responded Arthur as he shrugged.

"Yeonjun prides himself in training those who aren't immortal," explained Mujin as Keonhee walked over after grabbing his bottle of water. "It's how Dann got so famous back in the day," he added.

"Huh," mused Jay as he looked thoughtful.

 

~



Jay leaned against the shower wall, the water cascading down his back as he took a moment to question what he was doing with his life. He could end things now, and eventually get reincarnated right? Was that how it worked? He let out a soft sigh as he turned off the water, opening the shower door and grabbing the towel hanging on the hook near the shower entrance. He dried himself off before covering himself with the towel and stepping out into the relatively small bathroom.

As much as the sparring did help, Jay's mind still delved into dark thoughts. He went to Dongju for those problems but now it seemed like he couldn't. Dongju had to go back to Washington with his brother to visit his parents and Yunho and Keonhee were busy with their own things. He couldn't bother them anymore than he had to. He refused.

Could he survive until someone came back? Who knew at this point.