Solar edits out Solarsido footage

Moonsun Stories

It’s breaking Yongsun’s heart.

She’s lounging on the couch with her laptop, one ear bud in, legs outstretched and intertwined with Byulyi’s, who’s playing a game on her phone.

“What’s wrong, Yong?”

Yongsun is thankful because, while Byulyi can see the frown on her face, she can’t see the screen and therefore can’t connect the dots.

Yongsun doesn’t want to talk about it – there’s nothing to be said, anyway.

Nothing to be done.

Things can’t change.

Not yet.

Not for a long time, probably.

“Nothing babe, just too much editing. It’s giving me a headache.”

“Leave it for a bit? Rest your eyes? I’ll make you a cup of tea.”

“In a sec,” Yongsun smiles warily.

“Mmh, ‘kay, I’m putting on the kettle,” Byulyi announces, getting off the couch and heading towards the kitchen.

Yongsun thinks back on her work on the past few episodes of Solarsido.

Whenever Byulyi is featured, the editing becomes… tricky.

It’s a painfully slow process, editing out all the little bits and pieces that would betray them. It drains her time, and her emotions.

It’s mostly Byulyi’s fault, but Yongsun can’t find it in her heart to reproach her for it.

It’s clear from the footage just how hard Byulyi’s trying. It’s not her fault that she fails often.

Yongsun won’t blame her girlfriend for her sweetness towards her.

She doesn’t do it as much when they’re outside; but it’s like filming at home makes it harder for Byulyi.

Yongsun can see why. When they’re not filming Solarsido, there are no cameras around – it’s the one place where they’re allowed to just be together, most of the time.

Byulyi’s instinctual affection and muscle memory do the rest.

So Yongsun has to edit out all the footage where Byulyi can be seen with pouting lips, approaching Yongsun with the intention to kiss her lips, before she remembers she’s not supposed to and retreats with a shy smile.

And the footage where Byulyi just forgets what they’re doing for a second and hugs her from behind – a gesture that’s usually so reassuring and habitual for the both of them, but it makes Yongsun’s spine go stiff if they’re filming. That’s when Byulyi remembers, and moves away.

And the footage where Byulyi instinctively intertwines her fingers with hers, only to find Yongsun’s more careful hand shooing her away.

And all the footage in which a casual ‘darling’ slips Byulyi’s mouth. That’s Yongsun’s least favorite thing to edit out.

There’s a whole lot of it. Some ‘my love’s, even.

Thing is, the camera doesn’t lie, but they have to.

So Yongsun it up, and edits away.

She’ll never admit it to Byulyi, but she saves all the discarded bits of footage in a folder the depths of her laptop.

Maybe one day she’ll stop editing them out and edit them all in. A very special video compilation for Solarsido. That would drive up views for sure, she thinks to herself, chuckling and wiping a fresh tear from her cheek at the same time.

One day.

Right now, she follows her girlfriend’s sweet singing voice and the scent of freshly brewed tea into the kitchen.