Chap 7

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jong-in left, I lay in bed, out of it. I couldn’t believe I’d let him touch me like that. I didn’t put up a fight. I felt ashamed because I’d liked it and wanted more but I couldn’t be this easy. It showed he didn’t respect me. He took what he needed and teleported away.

How had we progressed from holding hands and sleeping beside each other, to him sticking his fingers. I’d figured by now that there was something about my body that worked for him. But I also knew that he wouldn’t want to continue like this forever. This was a quick fix.

So I wouldn’t do what he said. Who was he to tell me to stay at home. Like I’d ever do that now that I’d had a taste of the outside world. My parents would use the killing and now this situation with mongrels to confine me to the house again.

After what must have been an hour, I went into the bathroom and had another shower. I wanted to be clean again, but as soon as I was done, I missed his smell and warmth.

I packed up the blankets and neatened the bed and then I snuck out the house without anyone realizing I was even there. By the time I made it back to Chiron, Jong-in was gone and the school felt empty without him.

The whole bus ride back here, I’d thought about the argument we’d have, I forgot that he was going to be at the Wolf Council. A part of me thought he’d lied, until I’d spotted the headlines at the bus station.

WOLF PRINCE SET TO UNDERGO EXTENSIVE TRAINING TO DISCOVER MORE ON TELEPORTING ABILITIES. The newspaper was a pro Wolf-Council publication, because it spoke about the whole thing like Jong-in was checking into a hotel.

I remembered the haunted look on his face when he spoke about handing himself in. He made it sound like a prison.

“You’re not even listening to me.” Ji-won complained and snapped his fingers in front of my face. With Jong-in gone, he was the only one who spoke to me. The others decided I was being snobby because I didn’t fill them in on all the details about Kim Jong-in and teleporting.

“I am…it’s just…” I wanted to ask about Jong-in and when he’d be back. Ji-won tapped his pencil impatiently against a book. “When do you think Kim Jong-in will be back?”

Ji-won’s expression sobered “you really know how to dampen the mood.”

“You’re right. I shouldn’t be asking you in the first place.” I started packing away my books. I had to deal with this crazy need to see him on my own.

“Wait…” Ji-won grabbed my hand. “You’d probably be shocked if I told you we were once friends.” He had his head bowed so I couldn’t read his face.

“You and Kim Jong-in?” I didn’t believe it. I gently pulled my hand free. We were closer, but I needed to guard myself against this boys who touched too easily. I’d read about vampires and wolves using skinship on their prey to form bonds.

Ji-won raised his head “yeah…for all of a week before they separated vampires and wolves into separate groups. They were supposed to reform the schooling system, make it easier for the different clans to live together, except for the Elite families. They didn’t want their children contaminated by other clans.”

I tried to imagine Ji-won and Jong-in as friends and I couldn’t. They were like night and day but for the first time he didn’t sound smug or like he was joking.

He studied me carefully “Did something happen between you two…after the teleportation incident?”

I turned bright red. I could feel the heat rush to my face.

“You should really get a handle on that. Is that your superpower or something?” Ji-won snickered. “I knew there was some weird vibe between you two. Anyway, if you want to know about Jong-in ssi, then you’ll need to ask someone from the Wolf Clan.”

I paled at the idea of approaching anyone else. It had taken a lot for me to mention it to Ji-won.

He sensed my hesitation and sighed heavily. “I’m a vampire you know that. If I get bitten by one of those mutts, it’s your fault.” He stood and checked his watch “He should be in the gym…”

“Who?” I followed him.

“Oh Sehun. He’s Jong-in’s closest friend and deputy.” Ji-won explained with a bitterness that I couldn’t decipher who it was aimed at.

He stopped outside the gym doors, taking a deep breath before stepping in. The gym was crowded with students, mostly wolves and warrior clans.

They eyed Ji-won with open distaste. I knew why he’d been reluctant to come here. There were no vampires. I stuck close to him and tried to make myself invisible. It felt like their eyes were digging into me.

“Let me do the talking.” Ji-won whispered as we approached Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol. There were lifting weights in a corner of the gym. Everyone else gave them a wide berth.

Park Chanyeol was tall and muscular with blonde hair but Oh Sehun was easier on the eyes. His hair was thick and shiny and styled neatly. His features were handsome but his eyes and face were expressionless, like he lived inside his head.

“I thought something smelt like dead fish.” Chanyeol grunted “Whatever it is…it can wait. This is my happy place.”

Ji-won ignored him and concentrated on Sehun. I noticed that the other wolf hadn’t made a snarky comment and was quietly watching Ji-won.  “What is it?” Sehun eventually gave us an opening.

“Forget him and spot me.” Chanyeol insisted. Sehun held up a hand and Chanyeol grumbled and went to another machine leaving us alone.  

“I’ll give you five minutes.” Sehun prompted Ji-won. He glanced at me. “Aren’t you supposed to be at home?” he sounded like he was reprimanding me.

“You know me?” I stepped forward. I’d never been formally introduced to Oh Sehun. That meant that Jong-in must have mentioned me. I don’t know why that made me feel happy.

“Before Jong-in left school he said I’d need to check on you at the end of the week.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter