Chap 10

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched in a daze as Jong-in, Sehun, and Chanyeol became excited as they made plans to rebel against the Wolf Council. “First, we need to find my brother.” Sehun suggested.

I learnt that Sehun’s brother was a wolf runaway. He’d left the Wolf Clan because he didn’t agree with their way of thinking of ruling. Sehun had been forbidden from meeting or having any contact with his brother since and it had been hard on him.

“Kyungsoo will support your move to overthrow the Council.” Sehun made promises to Jong-in. He was overly excited at the thought of meeting his brother.  

I felt a pang of homesickness. What must my parents think of me. Would I never see them again? I left the room and went to the kitchen to make some tea.

After a few moments, Jong-in followed. “You’re having second thoughts about whether to come with me.” He kept his distance, which I appreciated.

Last time we’d been truly alone, it had been in my bedroom. I pushed the thoughts of his hands roaming over my body to one side. I couldn’t let my desire for him confuse the situation.

“I’ll take your lack of response as a yes.” He exhaled, “I want you to come with me. I’ve told you why…If I’m to go up against the Council, I’ll need to be at my strongest…I can only be that if I’m able to sleep…”

“And that’s where I come in. Your personal sleeping pill on tap. Whenever you need me.” The kettle whistled and I took it off the stove in a huff. “So what’s in it for me?”

“That’s a fair question. What do you want?”

I poured water into the cup and watched the steam rising. “If you’re successful I want to go back to school and do the things I didn’t get to do.” I didn’t look at him when I said this. “I want to put all this behind me.”

It was hard because a part of me was drawn to him. We’d only just met, but when you stripped away how scared I was, he was all I thought about.

“You have my word.” He said quietly. “Will you keep your word to never move against me?”

“Like I have a choice.” I stared at my arm, where he’d bitten me – joining us together in a pact that forbid me from betraying him.

“And will you continue to help me?”

I sighed. “Of course. What else am I going to do with all this free time I suddenly have?”

“Then…” he hesitated… “will you sleep with me…now?”

I almost burnt my mouth with the hot tea. “Now…” I glanced in the direction of the lounge where Sehun and Chanyeol were steps away and Yixing might return at any moment. I sighed “a deals a deal.”

 I set the cup down and he quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs to the bedroom Yixing had said I could use.

Jong-in closed the door and locked it. I turned my back to him, then lay quietly on the bed, waiting for the bed to sink when he got on, expecting his touch. I held my breath as he shifted around and pulled the duvet over us and then he rested his hand on my back.  

“This is fine right?” he whispered.

It was fine, but I was disappointed. I’d expected him to want to touch me more after everything he’d been through.  I nodded but I didn’t sleep a wink and when I heard his rhythmic breathing, I shifted away and managed to get off the bed without waking him.

Everyone must have gone to bed because the house was dark and quiet. I went back to the kitchen to make that cup of tea I was denied earlier and found Sehun staring at the kettle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter