between nightmare worries and makgeolli sessions

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They fall into their usual routine again.

Like nothing ever happened.

Okay, things happened.

The postponed party was held and surely everything went well.

But, these aren't the events Vincenzo is concerned about.

According to Vincenzo, Cha Young is still the same as she was.

And Vincenzo has spent a very long time contemplating whether he should be relieved or not.

His brain says him-tells him that this Hong Cha Young is the woman who always has proved him wrong in every single way.

His heart though, is extremely anxious.

 

Vincenzo Cassano first committed murder when he was 17.

And it wasn't anything like Hong Cha Young's first kill.

It was committed him being in sound mind and completely sane.

It was an order from Fabio.

To kill a man, he vaguely remembers who was being adamant in creating his presence a nuisance in the Cassano's business affairs.

He remembers Luca and him acting as the man's bodyguards, because no one knew for long that Fabio has adopted a son, it was a thing to be taken advantage and a cover to sell and make good use of, according to Fabio.

And then, Vincenzo still vividly remembers, his sensual memory playing tricks on him, him pulling the trigger at the back of the man's head, blood splatting all over his face and collar.

 

He was in his last year of high school, yet Fabio told him he was ready for what is to come after his actions.

And Vincenzo has always trusted Fabio for his words, a trust that developed years after betrayal and misery.

Taking his adoptive his father's words, he did as order.

Only to be Fabio's word proven wrong, for the first time.

A few weeks after Vincenzo's first kill, he was informed that his biological mother, who he has been gaining tabs on since he's part of the Familia.

Whom he knows is battling with cancer is no more in this world.

If a 17-year-old him had been trying to not think about his vicious actions by drowning himself in school, catering the business, and martial arts.

This news certainly made all of it come to an end.

He still remembers how he felt like he was being swallowed by darkness in whole, he still feels how he managed to get rid of Park Joo Hyeong so hard to become Vincenzo Cassano and he still knows how hard it was to once again feel like Park Joo Hyeong.

And because he is human after all, he doesn't want her to feel and face any of this.

This is the reality that cripples at the back of mind since marriage.

He knows she is well but he knows as well.

So, he does his best to make sure he's there.

He alters his routine slightly, like waking up the whole night and staying close to her bedroom in case she has a nightmare.

He chooses to sometimes work the whole night or work out-just somehow to calm his heart that she is actually fine.

Slightly opening the door or sometimes using his skills to get in the room with pin drop silence and spend hours on the sofa-reading documents or sometimes, he doesn't dare to admit-

watch her sleep peacefully and analyze her features.

It goes on for almost a week, with no signs of distress from Cha Young and his brain tells him to surrender and catch up on his sleep.

But fear envelops as he thinks she's suppressing her thoughts and emotions like he did in the past, and he doesn't want it to end badly.

He just can't find a way to tell her to let it all out.

They're makgeolli sessions are dismissed as Vincenzo prefers to have an evening nap and when he wakes up, it is only to find her asleep.

Until one night, when he was free earlier than usual from work and decided to see Cha Young on how she's doing with the training speaking of which is almost complete.

He is impressed to see her fight him back well physically.

For such a tiny body, she has quite some strength.

Vincenzo almost forgets that he brought something.

A self defense blade.

Initially Vincenzo thought of armed practicing as soon as Cha Young is done with the martial training.

But after the events of last week's incident where he saw how precisely Cha Young used the scissor to stab Dante on his neck, whether intentionally or not and also from a quick discussion with Isabella-Cha Young's trainer, he came to the conclusion of making Cha Young practice how to use a blade.

Cha Young is recovering her energy, occasionally sippin water when he comes with the box.

She looks up at him, panting.

"What's this?"

In response, Vincenzo opens up the box revealing a black shiny SpydercO Matriach.

"This is a blade." Vincenzo says the obvious, taking the sharp knife out of the box.

He takes Cha Young's hand and places it in her palm.

Cha Young looks down and grasps the small weapon tightly, making Vincenzo smile.

"You have light hands, I noticed and a precise aim, before armed training, I'd like that you learn how to use this."

"How do you know my aim's precise?" She asks, ignoring all the other information, especially the one where he noticed her hands being light as it reminds her of the time, he took her hand in his and clasped it tight.

A very immature thought at a very wrong time and thank god that she's sweating or else the blush on her cheeks would be extremely evident.

"I know you didn't stabbed Dante intentionally but out of instinct, but your aim was solid, you stabbed him right at his carotid artery."

Cha Young nods slowly and hums.

Soon, they leave and its wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter